Immediate past Peoples Democratic Party National Vice Chairman, Southwest, Mr. Eddy Olafeso, has said that former Governor, Ayodele Fayose should be respected for saving the party from total ruin when the ruling party allegedly plotted internal crisis to destroy it.
Olafeso said Fayose towers above other leaders in the zone, judging from his antecedents and contributions to the PDP’s electoral fortunes, saying: “he remains the voice of the PDP in the southwest”.
The former Commissioner in Ondo State added that the leadership tussle between Fayose and Oyo State Governor, Engr Seyi Makinde was uncalled-for and unwarranted, describing the former Ekiti State governor as a pathfinder and leading light of the PDP in the region.
Olafeso spoke in Ado Ekiti, on Saturday, while meeting with the delegates on his PDP Vice Chairmanship aspiration for the coming Zonal congress of the party.
Addressing the Hon. Bisi Kolawole-led faction of the party and who were predominantly Fayose’s loyalists, Olafeso said: “You can see that all the immediate past zonal executive members are represented here. We are here to thank our leader, Ayodele Fayose for his support.
“He(Fayose) is our leader. We believe in him. While others were panicking and fearful to criticize President Muhammadu Buhari, he was with us. He remained the only voice in the wilderness.
“Fayose rescued the PDP from those who wanted to ruin the party when the late Senator Buruji Kashamu took the party to court. It was Fayose as a governor that saved the party from total ruin.
“We are very sure that we will reposition the PDP in this zone. We have visited other five states. No individual can appropriate the PDP in the southwest. Let us continue to support Fayose. We are very sure of victory and unity in the end”.
Source: Daily Post Nigeria
- Killers of Youths at Lekki Toll Gate mindless, The Middle Belt Forum blast killersIn EndSARSOctober 23, 2020The Middle Belt Forum, MBF, has noted with concern what it described as the mindless killings of protesters, paving a trail of bloodshed in a ...[Read more]
- Northern State Governors’s Forum reveals the enemies of BuhariOctober 23, 2020The Northern States Governors’ Forum (NSGF) has claimed that “diabolical influencers in form of hooliganism, ethno-religious bigots and even ...[Read more]
- ENDSARS: American Popular Rapper Meek Mill Joins Protest, See His PostOctober 23, 2020American popular rapper, Meek Mill has responded to the situation in Nigeria particularly the inescapable #EndSARS protest. He revealed that he ...[Read more]
- Match Day 1: Four (4) UEFA Champion League Player’s of the WeekOctober 23, 2020The Champions League may have commenced on a bright note as the 32 qualified team produced the quality they’ve got on the pitch. Though big sides ...[Read more]
- Man Utd vs Chelsea: Ziyech names three team-mates he wants to play withOctober 23, 2020Chelsea winger, Hakim Ziyech, has said he is “really excited” to play with “quality” team-mates, Timo Werner, Kai Havertz and Christian Pulisic. ...[Read more]
- LaLiga: Barcelona told to name Nou Camp after MessiOctober 23, 2020Barcelona defender, Gerard Pique, has told the club to name the redeveloped Camp Nou after Lionel Messi when it is finished. Pique, speaking to La ...[Read more]
- Dino Melaye says Buhari’s speech made him speechlessOctober 23, 2020Dino Melaye, former Kogi West Senator, has criticised President Muhammadu Buhari’s nationwide address over the End SARS protest. Melaye said Buhari’s ...[Read more]
- Nigerians are openly planning relocation from the country after President Buhari’s speechOctober 23, 2020Nigerians are openly planning relocation from the country after President Muhammadu Buhari’s speech. The president Thursday night addressed ...[Read more]
- PDP Blast President Buhari Over National broadcast, Says PMB showed no empathyOctober 23, 2020The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has described President Muhammadu Buhari’s address to the nation on Thursday evening, as disappointing and ...[Read more]
- Nnamdi Kanu does not speak for the Igbo Nation, Joe Igbokwe blast Nnamdi KanuIn EndSARSOctober 23, 2020Joe Igbokwe, a chieftain of the All Progressive Congress, (APC), has berated the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu. He ...[Read more]