Anti-police protesters descended on a Los Angeles hospital where two deputies were fighting for their lives after being ambushed and shot in the head — chanting, “we hope they die,” according to officials.
The sick chants came outside as the two rookie officers — one a 31-year-old mother of a six year-old boy — were still fighting for their lives after being “critically injured” as they sat in their patrol car in the caught-on-camera ambush in Compton.
“To the protesters blocking the entrance & exit of the HOSPITAL EMERGENCY ROOM yelling ‘We hope they die’ referring to 2 LA Sheriff’s ambushed today in #Compton: DO NOT BLOCK EMERGENCY ENTRIES & EXITS TO THE HOSPITAL,” Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department tweeted early Sunday.
“People’s lives are at stake when ambulances can’t get through.”
Officers branded the protest an unlawful assembly, and arrested two people who refused to move — including a reporter without credentials who “ran towards the deputies, ignored repeated commands to stay back” and “interfered with the arrest,” the department said.
LAist identified the reporter as its own Josie Huang, who said she was released early Sunday and would address the sheriff’s office claims soon.
The ambushed cops were not named, but were revealed to be officers who had served just over a year in the department. One was a 31-year-old female officer, the other a 24-year-old male, the Los Angeles Times said.
They were “ambushed by a gunman in a cowardly fashion,” Sheriff Alex Villanueva said at a press conference, calling it “a somber reminder that this is a dangerous job.”
“Every week across the nation someone is losing their life in the line of duty,” he said. “This is just another grim reminder of that.”
Assemblyman Reggie Jones-Sawyer caught it an “unprovoked cowardly act.”
“We must come together and pray for the officers because they are heroes,” he said at the same press conference.
LAPD Chief Michael Moore tweeted his prayers that the “two guardians” survive.
“I recognize and acknowledge we live in troubled times. But we must as a community work thru our differences while loudly and resoundly condemn violence,” he tweeted. “Blessed are the Peacemakers.”
The FBI is assisting in the investigation. There have yet to be any arrests and it was not immediately clear if any suspects have been identified, the L.A. Times said.
New York Post
- #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Kills two Police Men In LagosIn Local NewsOctober 21, 2020The Lagos State Police Command on Wednesday said criminals under the appearance of partaking in the #EndSARS protest killed two police officers in ...[Read more]
- Champions League: Real Madrid star breaks record after 3-2 defeat to Shakhtar DonetskOctober 21, 2020Real Madrid forward, Vinicius Junior, on Wednesday night broke UEFA Champions League record following his side’s 3-2 defeat to Shakhtar Donetsk. Real ...[Read more]
- Thugs Attacks An Igbosere High Court, Trucked Away Countless Assets (+Video)In Local NewsOctober 21, 2020Blade using punks assaulted an Igbosere High Court in Obalende and apparently trucked away countless assets. The assault on Igbosere High Court, ...[Read more]
- Chelsea Vs. Sevilla: Three significant lessons from UEFA Champions League drawOctober 21, 2020The London side was held to a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge as Chelsea missed out on the chance to generate team confidence ahead of the next game. The ...[Read more]
- Rapid Vienna vs Arsenal: It is my decision to freeze Ozil out – Arteta finally opens upOctober 21, 2020Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta, has finally admitted that it was his decision to freeze Mesut Ozil out. Ozil has not featured for the Gunners since ...[Read more]
- Paris Saint-German Vs. Manchester United: Full match statisticsOctober 21, 2020Paris Saint-Germain lost at home (Parce des Princes) to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side on Tuesday Night. United impressed against the French side just ...[Read more]
- Champions League: Three key matches to watch tonightOctober 21, 2020The UEFA Champions League takes centre stage on Wednesday as hostility ensures on the pitch. Yesterday was the opening evening of football at the ...[Read more]
- Chelsea Vs Sevilla: Interesting features, match statistics from goalless drawOctober 21, 2020The Blues were pegged back again by Sevilla as they endured another 90 minutes without a win. They drew 3-3 against Southampton after taking a 2-0 ...[Read more]
- Our leaders are bunch of fools-Destiny EtikoOctober 21, 2020This comes after Tuesday night’s massacre that occurred at the Lekki Toll Gate which had the military opening fire on innocent protesters. Reacting ...[Read more]
- Police arrests Nollywood Labista as he leads protest in AbaOctober 21, 2020After learning about this unfortunate incident, actress Destiny Etiko has taken to social media to demand the immediate release of her colleague. ...[Read more]
- on ‘Men With Big D!ks Can Talk to Me Anyhow – Lydia Forson Explains in A New Video This is good for nation
- on ‘Men With Big D!ks Can Talk to Me Anyhow – Lydia Forson Explains in A New Video I have one baby, and I know how to work with it.
- on Rita Dominic and Kate Henshaw Joins #EndSARS protest yes o!! They will know that we own this country.
- on See Amazing Photos Of A Village In Abia State Nicknamed “Small London” (+Photos) You guys should come to my ebonyi and see that this one is small
- on Meet Man Who Employs His Biological Son As Security Man In His Company In Nigeria (+Photo) Hmm... Wetin concern me
- on Newcastle vs Man Utd: Paul Scholes blasts Cavani Time shall Tell
- on Man Kills His Parents In Enugu During Misunderstanding God why, okay why did village people called police, y can't theme kill…
- on Police Bust S3x Party, Arrest Guys While Having S3x With The Ladies (Photos) This idiots deserve what's happening to them
- on Kizz Daniels Finally Reveals The Girl He Is Dating Good evening
- on Kizz Daniels Finally Reveals The Girl He Is Dating Hello