The residents of Old-Ewu and Ogunyinka Mafoluku communities in Oshodi-Isolo Local Government Area (LGA) of Lagos State have cried to the state government to save them from the flood in the community.
Both vehicular and pedestrian movements have become difficult in the community when it rains, as residents have to battle to cross the heavy flood.
The most affected streets include Ilare Close, Muse Oyinbo Close and Tijani kashimawo Close off 7/8 bus-stop, facing the First bank along Airport Road.
Other affected places are Dominican school, Saint Jude Catholic Church and Domino shop in Mafoluku Oshodi.
The cause of the flood was traced to the bad drainage system in the community and lack of gutters in some streets, hindering the free flow of water.
Affected residents have taken to wearing rain boots when going in and out of their houses to protect themselves.
Speaking for the residents, the Community Development Association (CDA) chairperson, Mrs. Durotola Akinyemi said they need the help of the government to fix the gutters in the community.
She lamented: “Flood has taken over our community. We move around in rain boots despite the fact that we cleared the drainage last year yet, we are still experiencing flood. We need the intervention of the government to fix our drainages to save us from the flood.
“Just one rainfall, everywhere in the community has turned to a pool and we cannot move in and out of our houses, what will be our fate when the rain continues intensely as predicted by the Nigerian Meteorological Services (NIMET).”
Daily Post Nigeria
- Nigerians are openly planning relocation from the country after President Buhari’s speechOctober 23, 2020Nigerians are openly planning relocation from the country after President Muhammadu Buhari’s speech. The president Thursday night addressed ...[Read more]
- PDP Blast President Buhari Over National broadcast, Says PMB showed no empathyOctober 23, 2020The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has described President Muhammadu Buhari’s address to the nation on Thursday evening, as disappointing and ...[Read more]
- Nnamdi Kanu does not speak for the Igbo Nation, Joe Igbokwe blast Nnamdi KanuOctober 23, 2020Joe Igbokwe, a chieftain of the All Progressive Congress, (APC), has berated the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu. He ...[Read more]
- Breaking: Femi Adesina reveals what will end NigeriaOctober 23, 2020Presidential spokesman, Femi Adesina has declared that hate may kill Nigeria. He gave the warning in an article on Thursday titled ‘If Nigeria dies, ...[Read more]
- See full list of police officers being prosecuted by Lagos State GovtOctober 23, 2020The Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Friday, released the names of police officers being prosecuted for various human rights violations ...[Read more]
- I’m So Hurt For Our Generation –Davido reacts to the current situation of NigeriaOctober 23, 2020I’m So Hurt For Our Generation – Davido Cries For His Generation Singer Davido has cried for his generation saying he’s so hurt looking at how things ...[Read more]
- “See my house, my house don full”, Woman shares video of Palliative package she lootedOctober 23, 2020“My House Don Full” – Woman Celebrates After Receiving A Large Number Of COVID-19 Palliatives From Thugs (Video) A video making rounds on social ...[Read more]
- Nigerian Girl expresses Disappointment in Nigerian witches, See whyIn Local NewsOctober 23, 2020Girl Expresses Disappointed In Nigerian Witches Especially Her Father’s Sister A young Nigerian lady has taken to her social media page to express ...[Read more]
- “I Have Not Slept”, Burna Boy reveals his state about Lekki Toll Gate ShootingOctober 23, 2020Lekki Toll Gate Shooting: “I Have Not Slept” – Burna Boy Reveals Popular Nigerian musician, Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu, simply known as Burna Boy, has ...[Read more]
- Bobrisky Narrates How His Name Saved His Driver From HoodlumsOctober 23, 2020Nigerian crossdresser popularly known as Bobrisky, took to his page to narrate how his name spared his vehicle from being vandalized by hudlumps. The ...[Read more]