LA County Sheriff Alex Villanueva said the anti-police protesters who descended on a hospital where two deputies were being treated after being shot in an ambush – chanting “we hope they die” – are “almost worthy of ISIS,” according to a report.
“It’s just a new low for the hatred that I don’t think anyone in this nation has ever seen before,” Villanueva said on Fox News.
“We just don’t expect it on our own shores and we have been here fighting to save people’s lives across the county – it doesn’t matter who you are and it is not something we are going to expect or tolerate,” he added.
The two deputies – Claudia Apolinar, 31, and her 24-year-old male partner – were shot multiple times at close range as they sat in their patrol car in a chilling caught-on-video ambush.
The sheriff’s department is offering a $175,000 reward for information leading to the conviction of the unknown gunman.
The sick protesters who blocked the entrance to St. Francis Medical Center where the deputies fought for their lives chanted: “We hope they f—- die!”
On Monday, the sheriff challenged NBA star LeBron James to match and double the reward money being offered for information on the gunman.
“I know you care about law enforcement. You expressed a very interesting statement about your perspective on race relations and on officer-involved shootings and the impact that it has on the African-American community,” Villanueva said.
“And I appreciated that. But likewise, we need to appreciate that respect for life goes across all professions,” he added.
On Tuesday, Villanueva said he had yet to hear from LeBron about the challenge, but that the hoopster needs “to take some ownership of exactly what he said in terms of propagating the idea that people are being hunted” due to the color of their skin.
“I think that is just flat out not the case. I think we need to hold those accountable for breaking the law, be it law enforcement when we are crossing the line, but, then we have to acknowledge the bigger problem of violence overall and this ambush, cowardly ambush, of the two deputies just doing their own job, doing their business there in Compton, really illustrates that,” Villanueva said.
New York Post
- Rihanna claps back at fan’s comment on her skincare routineIf you want to stand under Rihanna’s umbrella, you’d better be wearing SPF. The 32-year-old superstar shared a sexy lingerie-clad selfie on Instagram Sunday to promote her new travel-size Fenty Skin ...[Read more]
- MTA pensions ‘decimated’ by COVID-19 market crash, lawsuit saysA German money manager “decimated” New York City subway workers’ retirement funds this spring with risky investments that backfired as the coronavirus pandemic roiled the stock market, a new lawsuit ...[Read more]
- Broncos narrow down unbelievably sad quarterback decisionAs Broncos starting quarterback Drew Lock continues to nurse a shoulder injury, Denver head coach Vic Fangio said Monday he will deploy either Jeff Driskel or Brett Rypien against the Jets on ...[Read more]
- ‘Marriage Doesn’t Stop Me From Having Fun’- Regina Daniels Says She Shares Bikini PhotoADVERTISEMENT Regina Daniels has flaunted what her mama gave her in a new photo she shared on her Facebook page. The photo has caused a massive reaction online as people lavish praises on her while ...[Read more]
- “He’s passing a message, read on” – Don Jazzy reacts to Rema’s venting on TwitterMavin boss, Don Jazzy has urged social media users to pay attention to singer, Rema’s tweet as he’s trying to pass a message across. Don Jazzy stated this ...[Read more]
- LYRICS: Patoranking – BrrADVERTISEMENT Yow Champion Sound Dem better know Brrrrrrrrr rapapampidam Papampidam Brrr papampidam Brrrrrrrrr rapapampidam Papampidam Brrr papampidam Brrrrrrrrr rapapampidam Papampidam Brrr ...[Read more]
- Video shows woman having ‘Exorcist-style’ meltdown on flightWild video shows a passenger on a Michigan-bound plane appearing to have a full-blown meltdown — climbing on top of seats and unleashing a slew of expletives in an incident some viewers likened to ...[Read more]
- Listen to Episode 38 of ‘Gang’s All Here’: Jets Are Worst Team in NFL feat. Brandon TierneyAP The Jets are the worst team in the NFL right now and it’s not really close. They were embarrassed yet again on Sunday, losing to the Colts, 36-7. They are 0-3 and have been outscored by 57 points. ...[Read more]
- Court orders Elisha Abbo to pay N50 million for assaulting a woman in sex toy shopA Federal High Court in Abuja has ordered Senator Elisha Abbo to pay the sum of N50 million to the nursing mother, identified as Osimibibra Warmate, he assaulted in a sex toy store. The video of the ...[Read more]
- LYRICS: Patoranking – Matter ft Tiwa SavageADVERTISEMENT Say girl you famous and we both pon top And weh me look you nuh mi just can’t stop When you come around the fun can’t stop Yow yow LYRICS: Wande Coal – Again (Prod by Melvitto) The girl ...[Read more]
- Missing Ashaiman Names Found Except for 165 -Jean Mensah DisclosesADVERTISEMENT The Chairperson of the Electoral Commission Jean Mensah has said that the majority of the missing names in the Ashaiman voter’s register has been found and restored except for a little ...[Read more]
- “See How Natural She Is” – Fan Reacts Hails Mercy Johnson Over Her New Hairstyle (VIDEO)ADVERTISEMENT A Nigerian man has lauded Nollywood actress Mercy Johnson over her new haircut after the latter posted a new video showing how her hair has been nicely trimmed. The man identified as ...[Read more]
- Nigerian Lady kneels to accept boyfriend’s Marriage ProposalPhotos making the rounds on social media captured the moment a Nigeria lady went on her knees to say YES to her Lover’s marriage proposal. The young man from Anambra State who was identified as ...[Read more]
- Knicks take first NBA Draft step in figuring out the real LaMelo BallThe Ball is in the Knicks’ court. LaMelo Ball acknowledged speaking with the Knicks during the lead-up to the 2020 NBA Draft, but the 6-7 point guard came out of those conversations unsure if new ...[Read more]
- City dwellers are finding out camping is grossWhen Christina Ramos announced she was going camping for the first time this summer, her friends got worried. “They thought I wasn’t going to make it,” said the 29-year-old New Jersey native, who was ...[Read more]
Join The Discussion👇🏾
- on Ini Edo Gets People Worried After Sharing What Her Face Looks Like Currently – PHOTOS I just wish you would trust me to be of assistance Exotic queens beaut…
- on Ini Edo Gets People Worried After Sharing What Her Face Looks Like Currently – PHOTOS Buy Norland paste then rob it 40 mims before each bath
- on FG cries out, says IPOB bent on destroying Nigeria THE LASTING SOLUTION TO NIGERIA IS UNITED STATE OF BIAFRA PERIOD .BUHA…
- on IPOB warns of continuous killing of members by security operatives Well for me ipob is for freedom
- on FG cries out, says IPOB bent on destroying Nigeria Are You sleeping when kanu said he will destroy Nigeria with truth. If…
- on ‘I Feel Beautiful When I Do Braids’- Tiwa Savage Reveals As She Shows Off New Hairstyle (PHOTO) Timeless beauty ageless too she is always pretty
- on BBNaija: “Ozo’s Family Doesn’t Want Nengi”- See What His Sister Posted Online That Got People Talking What ozo sister did is wrong. Why would she say that forgetting that N…
- on Breaking!!! Kanu Promises to Drop Biafra Agitation on One Condition Rape: (Apart from people who rape with occuitic power with small girl…
- on #BBNaija: “I’m a big fan, this guy sweet die” – Mercy Eke gushes over Prince (Video) Med oooo🤨🤨🤨😁😁🤣🤣🤣🤣
- on Laycon Finally Makes Housemates Understand Why He Wears Sweater And Socks 24/7 And It’s Heartbreaking- See Reactions From Nigerians Aww sorry laycon