A group called “Peace for Savannah” in the Gonjaland has released a statement to condemned the actions of Ex-President John Dramani in relation to the “Akyem Sakawa” controversy
According to the group Gonja’s are not known for tribal remarks and has urged John Mahama to desist from the act which can threaten our peaceful democracy.
READ ALSO:Ghana Election 2020: Akufo-Addo’s Sod Cutting Projects Are “419” And “Sakawa” – John Mahama
Below Is A Statement From The Group
PRESS CONFERENCE BY PEACE FOR SAVANNAH-PFS
JOHN MAHAMA MUST TAKE OUT GONJALAND IN HIS INSULTS AT OUR AKYEM BRETHREN
Respected ladies and gentlemen of the media, fellow members of PEACE FOR SAVANNAH, our partners and well wishers, ladies and gentlemen, you are humbly welcome to our press conference.
We are hugely grateful to you for your quick response to our call for this press conference though it was at a short notice. Respected women and men of the media, we have humbly invited you here to help us convey our message to the country in respect of the dangerous path the Former President(Candidate Mahama) is taking us and the country. We would also touch on a Damango NDC Youth group and their paymaster John Mahama, that miraculously metamorphosed into a mouthpiece of some phantom “Progressive Youth of Gonjaland”, purporting to be speaking on behalf of us as a Youth.
We call on all and sundry to disregard all the baseless claims of the convener of the group, Issifu Seidu Kudus in the press conference. He is a Research assistant to the current Non-performing Member of Parliament for Damango Constituency, and both staunch enemies of president Nana Addo who have vowed never to see anything good about him. It was this same person under the influence of his boss who sent a petition to UN to remove president Akuffo Addo as a co-chair of the SDGs. His simple reason was that being a co-chair of the SDGs will give the president an upper hand as against former president Mahama in the 2020 elections.
Ladies and gentlemen, he is again hiding behind this ghost group to push through his agenda in Gonjaland. There exists no group in the Region with such a name. This is an NDC fanatic and his branch executives on an assignment by Hon. Garlus and Candidate Mahama.
Ladies and gentlemen of the media, the people of Gonjaland are not tribal bigots. They are very much awake and discerning. Undoubtedly, former President John Dramani Mahama is our own. We are not disowing him at all. The people of Gonjaland pushed him to the top so he will get us development. He was never thought by our Chiefs and elders how to insult and cast aspersions at other tribes. To be straight on the point, his insult on the good people of Akyem was unfortunate and backward. As sons and daughters of Gonjaland, we would not also be happy should anybody single us out and heap insults on us just because a Gonja is the flagbearer of the NDC. We will not take it and shall take same up if it ever occurs.
It is time Candidate Mahama and his NDC in the Savannah region realize, that the people of Savannah and Gonjaland will no longer fall for their tribal politics. The tribal bigotry must end. From 2008 when former president Mahama was nominated as the running mate to the flagbearer of the NDC to date, the NDC has been on us to vote for them because of our brother, Former President Mahama. We have religiously followed through their call and voting massively for the NDC but nothing good came to the Gonja Kingdom in return. Almost all our roads were unmotorable, many of our youth were unemployed, the Savannah region was the least in terms of access to electricity and worst of it, they never demonstrated a dot of political will and commitment to the realisation of the almost four decades dream of the people of Gonjaland having its own administrative region and the almighty perennial water problem in Damongo, the seat of the Gonja kingdom lingered on unattended to.
Today, under the Akyem man they have always asked us not to vote for, our brother and father from the Akyem land, we have a Region to ourselves. He is constructing many of our roads, extending electricity to many parts of the kingdom, paying regular visits to the kingdom and employing many of our youth in an unprecedented fashion. Never in our history have we seen such levels of development in all Districts of the Region.
The people of Gonjaland are not cowards. We are also not ethnic bigots who would fight other tribes unjustly because of the desperate selfish ambitions of a man who supervised the resources of this Nation for almost a decade without giving us the needed development.
We are therefore calling on all well-meaning people of the Gonja kingdom to disregard the wanton desperate attempt to pitch us against people who rather mean well for us. We should and shall not trade our development for a group of selfish individuals who had ample power to develop us but boastfully refused to do so. We must and shall weigh President Akufo-Addo and Candidate Mahama on their track records in the kingdom and vote wisely and not again on the flimsy reason that one of them is a son of the kingdom and hence, compulsorily vote for him. The rule of the game is merits and competence and not tribal bigotry. Thank You very much for coming.
Kanyiti Saburu Kantama
- Dr. Olufunmilayo comes hard on Burna boy, See whyDr Olufunmilayo, Nigerian medical doctor and media influencer comes hard on Nigerian super star, Burna boy over his comment on Fela Kuti smooking weed. He took to his twitter page to say: ‘He ...[Read more]
- See Laycon in his “Wizkid” modeLaycon steps out in Wizkid custom dress sense. His Fans are of a speculation that Laycon wants to take after the music legend dress sense. His dress style fits exactly on him in a traditional custom ...[Read more]
- BBNaija star Laycon hits 1.6 million followers on Instagram after going live on IGLaycon and his fans Icon hits 46k on a video live session with Laycon yesterday with a rise in his followership to over one million follower. Just this Monday, Laycon was the first housemate to hit ...[Read more]
- I’m tired of people telling me what to do ,Dj cuppy cries outDj cuppy cries out “I’m tired of people telling me what to do ” The popular Nigerian disc Jockey and daughter of Femi Otedole (Dj cuppy) lament that she is fed up of people ...[Read more]
- Bbnaija star, Vee set social media on fire with her Naomi Campbell look (Photos)The Big Brother Naija star, Vee has got everyone talking after she stormed Twitter with new photos looking like the top American model, Naomi Campbell. In the stunning photos, Vee is seen rocking a ...[Read more]
- BBNaija Winner: Why We Did Not Want Laycon To Go For BBNaija – Management Opens UpThe management of the just concluded BBNaija season 5 winner, Olamilekan “Laycon” Agbeleshe has opened up on the reasons why they did not want the 26 year old to go for the reality show. Taking to ...[Read more]
- See Bobrisky new standing boobsIn a fresh Instagram post, The popular cross dresser Bobrisky is sending half dressed showing his fresh standing and fair boobs. He is seen in a place claimed to be a dressing posing to the camera. ...[Read more]
- BBNaija Star, Tacha Reveals The Most Important Thing To Her At The MomentFormer Big brother Naija housemate, Tacha revealed that money is in her thought. According to her, She shared a video of herself as she tells Nigerians her focus this year. In the video, She revealed ...[Read more]
- Nigerians Reacts As Lagos Govt Sends Laycon ‘Tax Reminder’ After Winning N85m From BBNaija 2020, Invites Him To ForumReport has it that Lagos State Internal Revenue Service, LIRS, has reached out to Big Brother Naija 2020 winner, Laycon, on Monday September 28, urging the reality star to pay his tax after bagging ...[Read more]
- Big Brother Naija Housemates, Erica and Kiddwaya reacts to Mercy Eke’s backsideBig Brother Naija housemates, Erica and Kiddwaya reacted after seeing the backside of 2019 BBNaija winner, Mercy Eke at her 27th birthday celebration. Erica and Kiddwaya were in attendance in the ...[Read more]
- Nigerian Actress reacts to Mercy Eke, claims she falsified her ageNigerian actress chidinma has given the former winner of the reality show BBN 2019 known as Mercy eke confrontation for the falsification of her real age. On 27th of October being the birthday of ...[Read more]
- Students of Covenant University cry’s out to the management over Covid-19 test.Students of covenant University cry’s out to the management over Covid-19 test. Recall vividly the government of ogun state have given schools including Universities in the state permission to ...[Read more]
- Regina at it again, Celebrates in grand styleWow!! Regina Daniel shared beautiful photos of her son prince munir Neji Nwoko celebrates him for being 3months old. Regina Daniel said enthusiastically on her Instagram platform that she can’t ...[Read more]
- C0VID-19: Covenant University Students Call Out Bishop Oyedepo And School For ‘Lying To Their Parents’So, angry and disappointed Covenant University students have taken to social media to call out Bishop Oyedepo and the school management for “Lying to their parents” and treating them unfairly. The ...[Read more]
- Nengi Finally Reveals Why She Always Dances With Laycon (Video)Second runner up of the just concluded Big Brother Naija ‘lockdown’ edition, Nengi has finally revealed why she chose Laycon as her regular dance partner while in the house. According to the model, ...[Read more]
Join The Discussion👇🏾
- on BBNaija: See What Nengi Found Under Her Bed That Ozo Left For Her A very big love
- on “I Can’t Remember When I Had A S3kz With Any Man, So I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant ” – 17-year-old Girl Whose Newborn Was Allegedly Buried Alive Claims The traditional healer in whose Hafsat spent months in his house shoul…
- on FG cries out, says IPOB bent on destroying Nigeria THE LASTING SOLUTION TO NIGERIA IS UNITED STATE OF BIAFRA PERIOD .BUHA…
- on IPOB warns of continuous killing of members by security operatives Well for me ipob is for freedom
- on FG cries out, says IPOB bent on destroying Nigeria Are You sleeping when kanu said he will destroy Nigeria with truth. If…
- on ‘I Feel Beautiful When I Do Braids’- Tiwa Savage Reveals As She Shows Off New Hairstyle (PHOTO) Timeless beauty ageless too she is always pretty
- on BBNaija: “Ozo’s Family Doesn’t Want Nengi”- See What His Sister Posted Online That Got People Talking What ozo sister did is wrong. Why would she say that forgetting that N…
- on Breaking!!! Kanu Promises to Drop Biafra Agitation on One Condition Rape: (Apart from people who rape with occuitic power with small girl…
- on #BBNaija: “I’m a big fan, this guy sweet die” – Mercy Eke gushes over Prince (Video) Med oooo🤨🤨🤨😁😁🤣🤣🤣🤣
- on Laycon Finally Makes Housemates Understand Why He Wears Sweater And Socks 24/7 And It’s Heartbreaking- See Reactions From Nigerians Aww sorry laycon