The Federal Government in partnership with the Bauchi State government is set to commence construction of new multi-billion naira 4,000 housing units in the state for low-income earners.
This was revealed on Saturday by the Managing Director, Family Homes Fund, Mr Femi Adewole, at a partnership meeting among
the state government, Family Homes Fund and organized Labour held at the Government House in Bauchi.
According to Adewole, the new housing project is being constructed under the Federal Government’s Social Housing Programme as part of its plans to provide people of low income with affordable accommodations.
He informed that the N200 billion housing programme is a Federal Government initiative designed to construct 300,000 housing units in selected states across the country to be funded by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) through the Federal Ministry of Finance.
He added that beneficiaries will be assisted to access mortgage loans to pay for the houses. The loans, Adewole said, will be repaid in 25 years.
The stakeholders meeting, the Managing Director said, is to outline the roles of organized labour in ensuring that citizens of the state, particularly low-income earners have access to the programme.
He added that apart from the housing programme providing an opportunity for Nigerians to access affordable houses will also create job opportunities for low-income earners.
“It is my pleasure to be in Bauchi again to introduce the Federal government Social Housing Programme and to outline the roles of organized labour in ensuring that citizens of Bauchi especially those who are on low income have access to the programme.”
“The programme is an opportunity for Nigerians to access affordable houses, create job opportunities for people of low income, reviving industries through using their materials for the construction of the project and improving the general well-being of vulnerable groups,” Adewole said.
According to him, the Family Homes Fund was established by the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari as a social financing institution to mobilize finances for affordable homes for Nigerians.
He expressed delight with the ongoing construction of 2,500 houses in the state and commended Governor Bala Mohammed for working with his firm in that regard.
“I am happy to report that we are satisfied and delighted with the progress of the ongoing construction of 2,500 houses in Bauchi which is not only to provide affordable homes for the people of Bauchi but most significantly create job opportunities for many local people. We want to appreciate the governor for working with us,” he said.
Adewole assured that in addition to the ongoing construction of 2,500 and the new 4,000 housing units to be constructed, the Fund will continue to invest in Bauchi State throughout the tenure of the present administration.
Speaking at the stakeholders meeting, Governor Mohammed, who chaired the meeting, assured of the state government’s commitment towards the immediate commencement of the new housing project in the state.
Represented by the state Commissioner for Housing and Environment, Honorable Hamisu Muazu Shira, the governor declared that the Family Homes Fund is a good partner of the state government, adding that the meeting is an opportunity for the state to leverage on to provide houses for people of the state.
“We consider Family Homes as a good partner with the Bauchi State government and today we are here to discuss yet another opportunity that Bauchi State will leverage on to ensure that low-income earners, respected civil servants and people of the state benefit from this golden opportunity,” he said.
Daily Post Nigeria
- #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Kills two Police Men In LagosIn Local NewsOctober 21, 2020The Lagos State Police Command on Wednesday said criminals under the appearance of partaking in the #EndSARS protest killed two police officers in ...[Read more]
- Champions League: Real Madrid star breaks record after 3-2 defeat to Shakhtar DonetskOctober 21, 2020Real Madrid forward, Vinicius Junior, on Wednesday night broke UEFA Champions League record following his side’s 3-2 defeat to Shakhtar Donetsk. Real ...[Read more]
- Thugs Attacks An Igbosere High Court, Trucked Away Countless Assets (+Video)In Local NewsOctober 21, 2020Blade using punks assaulted an Igbosere High Court in Obalende and apparently trucked away countless assets. The assault on Igbosere High Court, ...[Read more]
- Chelsea Vs. Sevilla: Three significant lessons from UEFA Champions League drawOctober 21, 2020The London side was held to a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge as Chelsea missed out on the chance to generate team confidence ahead of the next game. The ...[Read more]
- Rapid Vienna vs Arsenal: It is my decision to freeze Ozil out – Arteta finally opens upOctober 21, 2020Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta, has finally admitted that it was his decision to freeze Mesut Ozil out. Ozil has not featured for the Gunners since ...[Read more]
- Paris Saint-German Vs. Manchester United: Full match statisticsOctober 21, 2020Paris Saint-Germain lost at home (Parce des Princes) to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side on Tuesday Night. United impressed against the French side just ...[Read more]
- Champions League: Three key matches to watch tonightOctober 21, 2020The UEFA Champions League takes centre stage on Wednesday as hostility ensures on the pitch. Yesterday was the opening evening of football at the ...[Read more]
- Chelsea Vs Sevilla: Interesting features, match statistics from goalless drawOctober 21, 2020The Blues were pegged back again by Sevilla as they endured another 90 minutes without a win. They drew 3-3 against Southampton after taking a 2-0 ...[Read more]
- Our leaders are bunch of fools-Destiny EtikoOctober 21, 2020This comes after Tuesday night’s massacre that occurred at the Lekki Toll Gate which had the military opening fire on innocent protesters. Reacting ...[Read more]
- Police arrests Nollywood Labista as he leads protest in AbaOctober 21, 2020After learning about this unfortunate incident, actress Destiny Etiko has taken to social media to demand the immediate release of her colleague. ...[Read more]
- on ‘Men With Big D!ks Can Talk to Me Anyhow – Lydia Forson Explains in A New Video This is good for nation
- on ‘Men With Big D!ks Can Talk to Me Anyhow – Lydia Forson Explains in A New Video I have one baby, and I know how to work with it.
- on Rita Dominic and Kate Henshaw Joins #EndSARS protest yes o!! They will know that we own this country.
- on See Amazing Photos Of A Village In Abia State Nicknamed “Small London” (+Photos) You guys should come to my ebonyi and see that this one is small
- on Meet Man Who Employs His Biological Son As Security Man In His Company In Nigeria (+Photo) Hmm... Wetin concern me
- on Newcastle vs Man Utd: Paul Scholes blasts Cavani Time shall Tell
- on Man Kills His Parents In Enugu During Misunderstanding God why, okay why did village people called police, y can't theme kill…
- on Police Bust S3x Party, Arrest Guys While Having S3x With The Ladies (Photos) This idiots deserve what's happening to them
- on Kizz Daniels Finally Reveals The Girl He Is Dating Good evening
- on Kizz Daniels Finally Reveals The Girl He Is Dating Hello