Be careful how you pander to the mob: By confessing at length to “systemic racism” at Princeton University, President Christopher Eisgruber just bought himself a civil-rights investigation.
The federal Department of Education now threatens to claw back at least $75 million in funding that depended on the university’s claims that it was in compliance with nondiscrimination laws — claims clearly at odds with Eisgruber’s “woke” words.
Perhaps it’s just an epic troll by Education Secretary Betsy DeVos as many colleges and universities are rushing to appease irate undergrad demonstrators (who are mostly just acting on what these schools teach).
Princeton’s particular problem was the now-renamed Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs. Wilson was Eisgruber’s distant predecessor as the university’s president — and a bigot.
In the White House, he not only screened D. W. Griffith’s “Birth of a Nation” (which glorifies the Confederacy and the odious Ku Klux Klan) he dramatically set back racial equality by ordering the segregation of the federal Civil Service after decades of a successful, merit-based racial integration.
He arguably did some good stuff, too — bringing America into the First World War to save the West from the Kaiser’s barbarity, and laying key ground for the New Deal. But that doesn’t matter in the Woke Academy. Last June, the school’s Board of Trustees voted to drop Wilson’s name.
Yes, it was only in 2020 that Princeton graduated its first black valedictorian (Nicholas Johnson, a Canadian) in 2 ¹/₂ centuries. But it’s silly to think the school, with its drastic affirmative-action admissions policies, has been racist by any normal standard.
But woke isn’t rational, so DeVos is right to push Eisgruber to choose: Are his recent extreme efforts to appease the protesters wise? If racial quotas for faculty hiring seem extreme but are the only moral step now, then maybe the school was lying about “nondiscrimination” on its federal forms all those years.
The reality is, it’s utterly foolish to judge the past by today’s standards — let alone the standards of a modern radical few.
Eisgruber and other elite academic leaders should consider the DOE letter a wake-up call — and start leading, rather than bending to the trendy.
New York Post
- Music Producer Don Jazzy Sends A Message To Nigerian Soldiers (+Video)October 19, 2020Music producer Don Jazzy has sent a ground-breaking message to the valiant and courageous Nigerian soldiers conveyed to set out on on operation ...[Read more]
- See Nigerians Reactions As Delta State Deputy Speaker’s Mansion Submerged In Flood (+Photos)In Local NewsOctober 19, 2020A week ago, a weighty deluge brought about a flood at the masion of Hon Osanebi Ossai Friday, Delta State Deputy Speaker. Photographs of the house ...[Read more]
- #ENDSARS: Protest Get More Hot A Youths Block Third Mainland BridgeOctober 19, 2020The Adekunle part of Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos State was on Monday obstructed by youths protesting against police brutality in Nigeria. EndSARS ...[Read more]
- Guardiola gives condition for Aguero to sign new Man City contractOctober 19, 2020Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola, has given a condition for striker, Sergio Aguero, to sign a new contract at the club. Guardiola said that the ...[Read more]
- PSG vs Man Utd: Maguire, Cavani, Greenwood out of Champions League clashOctober 19, 2020The Manchester United squad have travelled to Paris without Edinson Cavani, Harry Maguire, Jesse Lingard and Eric Bailly. They will all miss their ...[Read more]
- Champions League: Solskjaer names player that’ll captain Man Utd against PSG in Maguire’s absenceOctober 19, 2020Manchester United boss, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has confirmed that midfielder, Bruno Fernandes will captain the Red Devils in Harry Maguire’s absence, ...[Read more]
- Nigerian artiste, Peter Okoye strongly condemns thugs hired to hijack #EndSARS protests.October 19, 2020The Popular Nigerian artiste, Peter Okoye aka Mr P have strongly condemned thugs hired to hijack the nationwide peaceful #EndSARS protests. The ...[Read more]
- Veteran Nollywood Actress, Eucharia Anuobi advises single ladies, she what she told themOctober 19, 2020The popular Veteran Nollywood Actress, Eucharia Anuobi, has taken to her social media page to offer some words of advice to single ladies. In ...[Read more]
- Nollywood actor, Yul Edochie requests President Muhammadu Buhari to resigns from officeOctober 19, 2020The Popular Nollywood actor, Yul Edochie has humbly requested that President Muhammadu Buhari resigns from office. According to the actor, President ...[Read more]
- PSG vs Man Utd: Herrera reveals what he will do to Ed WoodwardOctober 19, 2020Paris Saint-Germain midfielder, Ander Herrera, has revealed that he would give Manchester United Executive vice-chairman, Ed Woodward a hug if he ...[Read more]
Join The Discussion👇🏾
- on Rita Dominic and Kate Henshaw Joins #EndSARS protest yes o!! They will know that we own this country.
- on See Amazing Photos Of A Village In Abia State Nicknamed “Small London” (+Photos) You guys should come to my ebonyi and see that this one is small
- on Meet Man Who Employs His Biological Son As Security Man In His Company In Nigeria (+Photo) Hmm... Wetin concern me
- on Newcastle vs Man Utd: Paul Scholes blasts Cavani Time shall Tell
- on Man Kills His Parents In Enugu During Misunderstanding God why, okay why did village people called police, y can't theme kill…
- on Police Bust S3x Party, Arrest Guys While Having S3x With The Ladies (Photos) This idiots deserve what's happening to them
- on Kizz Daniels Finally Reveals The Girl He Is Dating Good evening
- on Kizz Daniels Finally Reveals The Girl He Is Dating Hello
- on Residents In Tears As Tenant Stabs Landlord To Death (+Graphic photos) What a world may be is fustration.RIP Mr landlord
- on Residents In Tears As Tenant Stabs Landlord To Death (+Graphic photos) Hmm what a world,Rip