Conservative: Fight, GOP Senators!
“The instant Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s passing was announced, the battle lines were drawn,” writes Michael Anton at American Greatness. “Or, more accurately, one side girded for battle, while Republicans clucked with confusion about what to do next.” The left was prepared to go to war to prevent President Trump from fulfilling his constitutional duty to nominate a replacement and the Senate from its duty to vote on that nominee — while many GOP lawmakers wallowed in anguish. Which should come as no surprise: “If Republicans are good at anything, it’s finding ‘principled’ reasons to betray their constituents and contradict their much-vaunted philosophy.” The flailing raises a number of questions Republican senators should answer: “Why are they senators? Why did they run for office? What, if anything, do they hope to achieve once there? . . . Is there a bigger something [to do] than confirming a constitutionalist Supreme Court justice to a closely divided court?”
Big-tech watch: Why Dems Hate Facebook
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, notes National Review’s Michael Brendan Dougherty, “got an outsized portion of the blame for Hillary Clinton’s loss in 2016, and he’s being warned that he’s in the firing line again” — including by Clinton herself. But her and other liberals’ “efforts to bully the social-media giant have nothing to do with protecting democracy and everything to do with political expediency.” What bothers them is that Facebook “is the most powerful media company in the world, and it is a place conservative people can talk, and share ideas,” with less “guidance from progressive editors and censors.” A decade ago, “liberals believed social networks would . . . create progressive revolutions across the globe.” Instead, these platforms have put progressive jobs in the “informal ideological union in the media” at risk, fueling a “dependence on and resentment of” them — especially Zuck’s.
2020 desk: Wisconsin Loves Trump
At the president’s rally Thursday in Misonee, Wis., “a small paper-mill town of only 4,000,” The Federalist’s Kylee Zempel saw firsthand why “many Midwest voters agree with Trump and are convinced he will win ‘in a landslide.’ ” Trump “actively opposes” the bureaucracy and the “empty platitudes” these “hard-working Americans” despise in the average politician. His points resonate with “the big concerns on the minds of everyday citizens, who truly believe America is great and want to keep it that way.” In his “unpresidential jokes,” they hear one of their own. As the chants from fans rang out over Misonee, Zempel finally understood “how a reality-TV star with little decorum became the commander-in-chief.”
Mike Pompeo: A Warning to the Vatican
As Chinese supreme leader Xi Jinping’s rule turns ever more inhumane and anti-religious, “the Chinese people need the Vatican’s moral witness and authority in support of China’s religious believers,” argues Secretary of State Mike Pompeo at First Things. Holy See diplomats might keep that in mind as they meet this month with their Communist Party “counterparts to negotiate the renewal of a two-year-old provisional agreement.” While the details were never disclosed, the hope was that it would improve conditions on the ground for Chinese Catholics — but “two years on, it’s clear that the Sino-Vatican agreement has not shielded Catholics from the party’s depredations.” A different tack is called for: “What the church teaches the world about religious freedom and solidarity should now be forcefully and persistently conveyed by the Vatican” to the Communist mandarins.
Iconoclast: The LGBT Movement Needs To Chill
At Spiked Online, comedian Andrew Doyle recounts how years ago, he wrote a joke about ever more letters being added to the LGBT acronym — only to have activists keep adding even more letters to their cause. “If you find all of this confusing, you’re not alone. Now that Pride has its own month . . . there are flags for every conceivable sexual or gender identity.” “If we’re serious about gay equality, it’s time to jettison this self-satirizing and self-indulgent brand of identity politics.”
— Compiled by The Post Editorial Board
New York Post
- Bruno Fernandes reacts as Solskjaer makes him Man Utd captainOctober 19, 2020Manchester United midfielder, Bruno Fernandes, has said that he was honoured after manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer made him captain ahead of the Red ...[Read more]
- Music Producer Don Jazzy Sends A Message To Nigerian Soldiers (+Video)October 19, 2020Music producer Don Jazzy has sent a ground-breaking message to the valiant and courageous Nigerian soldiers conveyed to set out on on operation ...[Read more]
- See Nigerians Reactions As Delta State Deputy Speaker’s Mansion Submerged In Flood (+Photos)In Local NewsOctober 19, 2020A week ago, a weighty deluge brought about a flood at the masion of Hon Osanebi Ossai Friday, Delta State Deputy Speaker. Photographs of the house ...[Read more]
- #ENDSARS: Protest Get More Hot A Youths Block Third Mainland BridgeOctober 19, 2020The Adekunle part of Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos State was on Monday obstructed by youths protesting against police brutality in Nigeria. EndSARS ...[Read more]
- Guardiola gives condition for Aguero to sign new Man City contractOctober 19, 2020Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola, has given a condition for striker, Sergio Aguero, to sign a new contract at the club. Guardiola said that the ...[Read more]
- PSG vs Man Utd: Maguire, Cavani, Greenwood out of Champions League clashOctober 19, 2020The Manchester United squad have travelled to Paris without Edinson Cavani, Harry Maguire, Jesse Lingard and Eric Bailly. They will all miss their ...[Read more]
- Champions League: Solskjaer names player that’ll captain Man Utd against PSG in Maguire’s absenceOctober 19, 2020Manchester United boss, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has confirmed that midfielder, Bruno Fernandes will captain the Red Devils in Harry Maguire’s absence, ...[Read more]
- Nigerian artiste, Peter Okoye strongly condemns thugs hired to hijack #EndSARS protests.October 19, 2020The Popular Nigerian artiste, Peter Okoye aka Mr P have strongly condemned thugs hired to hijack the nationwide peaceful #EndSARS protests. The ...[Read more]
- Veteran Nollywood Actress, Eucharia Anuobi advises single ladies, she what she told themOctober 19, 2020The popular Veteran Nollywood Actress, Eucharia Anuobi, has taken to her social media page to offer some words of advice to single ladies. In ...[Read more]
- Nollywood actor, Yul Edochie requests President Muhammadu Buhari to resigns from officeOctober 19, 2020The Popular Nollywood actor, Yul Edochie has humbly requested that President Muhammadu Buhari resigns from office. According to the actor, President ...[Read more]
Join The Discussion👇🏾
- on Rita Dominic and Kate Henshaw Joins #EndSARS protest yes o!! They will know that we own this country.
- on See Amazing Photos Of A Village In Abia State Nicknamed “Small London” (+Photos) You guys should come to my ebonyi and see that this one is small
- on Meet Man Who Employs His Biological Son As Security Man In His Company In Nigeria (+Photo) Hmm... Wetin concern me
- on Newcastle vs Man Utd: Paul Scholes blasts Cavani Time shall Tell
- on Man Kills His Parents In Enugu During Misunderstanding God why, okay why did village people called police, y can't theme kill…
- on Police Bust S3x Party, Arrest Guys While Having S3x With The Ladies (Photos) This idiots deserve what's happening to them
- on Kizz Daniels Finally Reveals The Girl He Is Dating Good evening
- on Kizz Daniels Finally Reveals The Girl He Is Dating Hello
- on Residents In Tears As Tenant Stabs Landlord To Death (+Graphic photos) What a world may be is fustration.RIP Mr landlord
- on Residents In Tears As Tenant Stabs Landlord To Death (+Graphic photos) Hmm what a world,Rip