His Excellency the President of Republic of Ghana, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo on Sunday 20 September 2020, in his speech on Ghana Covid-19 updates, says Ghana ports and Borders remain closed.
Speaking on the 17th update on Covid-19, from the Jubliee House, President Akufo-Addo affirms the closing of the country’s borders and ports, with the exception of it only international Airport, Kotoka International Airport which was opened three weeks ago will remain closed until further notice.
“Our Borders and Ports will remain closed.” he said.
He said the maintain of the closure of the borders and ports have been influenced of the new cases recorded at the Kotoka International Airport. 16 out of 29 airlines that operate at the airport have been in operation from the time the president issued the statement of the reopening of Kotoka in his 16th Covid-19 update.
“16 out of the 29 airlines that operate in Kotoka
Since the airport was reopened a total of then thousand and sixty-one (10,061) passengers have passed through the airport.
The President said through the testing of Covid 19 at the Kotoka airport, 26 persons have been recorded positive to the disease. Although, the passengers should have been tested 72 hours before arriving in Ghana.
“As at yesterday, Saturday, a total of 10,061 passengers have been tested at Kotoka. A total of 26 positive cases have been recorded from the test at Kotoka.”
READ ALSO: Ghana COVID-19 UPDATE: Mask Wearing Still Mandatory – Akufo-Addo
Moreover, His Excellency Nana Addo Dankwa says, passengers at the airport have atteste to the effective Covid-19 testing measurs instituted at the Kotoka International Airport.
“A lot of people, who have experienced the service being offered at our international airport, have praised the country for the innovation and for the far farsightedness displayed at our airport” He added
President Akufo-Addo asures Ghanaians of his commitment to protecting Ghanaians from the Covid-19 pandemic.
“Let me assure you again, that as the president of the Republic, I will do everything in my power to protect you and stop the importation of the virus into our country on limiting it spread. This is my solemn commitment to you” He ended.
- Griezmann, Coutinho to get pay cuts at BarcelonaOctober 22, 2020Antoine Griezmann and Philippe Coutinho are in talks with Barcelona over new contracts, that will see them get pay cuts, ESPN reports. It is ...[Read more]
- Champions League: Zidane reveals who is responsible for Real Madrid’s 3-2 defeat to ShakhtarOctober 22, 2020Real Madrid manager, Zinedine Zidane, has taken full responsibility for their 3-2 defeat in the Champions League. Los Blancos began their campaign ...[Read more]
- #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Kills two Police Men In LagosIn Local NewsOctober 21, 2020The Lagos State Police Command on Wednesday said criminals under the appearance of partaking in the #EndSARS protest killed two police officers in ...[Read more]
- Champions League: Real Madrid star breaks record after 3-2 defeat to Shakhtar DonetskOctober 21, 2020Real Madrid forward, Vinicius Junior, on Wednesday night broke UEFA Champions League record following his side’s 3-2 defeat to Shakhtar Donetsk. Real ...[Read more]
- Thugs Attacks An Igbosere High Court, Trucked Away Countless Assets (+Video)In Local NewsOctober 21, 2020Blade using punks assaulted an Igbosere High Court in Obalende and apparently trucked away countless assets. The assault on Igbosere High Court, ...[Read more]
- Chelsea Vs. Sevilla: Three significant lessons from UEFA Champions League drawOctober 21, 2020The London side was held to a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge as Chelsea missed out on the chance to generate team confidence ahead of the next game. The ...[Read more]
- Rapid Vienna vs Arsenal: It is my decision to freeze Ozil out – Arteta finally opens upOctober 21, 2020Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta, has finally admitted that it was his decision to freeze Mesut Ozil out. Ozil has not featured for the Gunners since ...[Read more]
- Paris Saint-German Vs. Manchester United: Full match statisticsOctober 21, 2020Paris Saint-Germain lost at home (Parce des Princes) to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side on Tuesday Night. United impressed against the French side just ...[Read more]
- Champions League: Three key matches to watch tonightOctober 21, 2020The UEFA Champions League takes centre stage on Wednesday as hostility ensures on the pitch. Yesterday was the opening evening of football at the ...[Read more]
- Chelsea Vs Sevilla: Interesting features, match statistics from goalless drawOctober 21, 2020The Blues were pegged back again by Sevilla as they endured another 90 minutes without a win. They drew 3-3 against Southampton after taking a 2-0 ...[Read more]
- on ‘Men With Big D!ks Can Talk to Me Anyhow – Lydia Forson Explains in A New Video This is good for nation
- on ‘Men With Big D!ks Can Talk to Me Anyhow – Lydia Forson Explains in A New Video I have one baby, and I know how to work with it.
- on Rita Dominic and Kate Henshaw Joins #EndSARS protest yes o!! They will know that we own this country.
- on See Amazing Photos Of A Village In Abia State Nicknamed “Small London” (+Photos) You guys should come to my ebonyi and see that this one is small
- on Meet Man Who Employs His Biological Son As Security Man In His Company In Nigeria (+Photo) Hmm... Wetin concern me
- on Newcastle vs Man Utd: Paul Scholes blasts Cavani Time shall Tell
- on Man Kills His Parents In Enugu During Misunderstanding God why, okay why did village people called police, y can't theme kill…
- on Police Bust S3x Party, Arrest Guys While Having S3x With The Ladies (Photos) This idiots deserve what's happening to them
- on Kizz Daniels Finally Reveals The Girl He Is Dating Good evening
- on Kizz Daniels Finally Reveals The Girl He Is Dating Hello