Celebrated radio and television personality, Mikki Osei Berko, has disclosed owners of Happy FM gave him GH¢10,000 as poaching fee to join their establishment in 2003.
Dada Boat, who was a hotcake during that period and has curved a niche for himself in the media space said, the money wasn’t the motivating factor to leave Radio Gold stating he wanted a new challenge, thus to change the phase of the Ghanaian media.
“I would say it is poaching because I was given some money. It wasn’t that much though,” he said in a yet-to-be aired interview on TV XYZ on Sunday at 5pm.
“How much is 100 million?” he said in the old cedis and asked for the equivalent in the new currency. “GH¢10,000” Legends host Agyemang Prempeh answered. Mikki responded “I think that was how much I was given.”
Additionally, the man famous for hit television series like ‘Taxi Driver’ and ‘Dada Boat’ said he agreed to ditch the Laterbiokorshie-based radio station with the promise that two of his close friends and former workmates will join the newly-established radio station.
“Kwame [Sefa Kayi] had left Radio Gold and there was a lot of issues. Fiifi Banson had also left. So I felt the people I had good relationship with had left. Then, when Happy FM was about starting he told me he’d bring Kwame and Fiifi on board. Before I agreed to work with Happy FM, there was a confirmation that Kwame is joining Happy FM,” he recounted.
Mr Osei-Berko added that a managerial position promise cemented his move to the ninety-eight point nine dial radio station to begin a new journey in his journalism career.
“I was promised with the Programmes Director position, Kwame was to become the General Manager and Fiifi Banson, the Business Development Manager. That was the plan,” he disclosed.
Mikki Osei Berko joined Happy FM from Radio Gold after his short stints with GBC Radio and Voice of Legon (now Radio Universe).
He later worked with Kessben FM, Adinkra and eventually rejoined Happy FM after owners of Global Media Alliance acquired the radio station.
The man behind the infamous Ewe-soaked-English-comic voice, Thy Will Be Done Korsivi Korsi of Konkonsa show as well worked with Adom FM as the late afternoon show host.
Legends airs exclusively on TV XYZ on Sundays at 5pm.
- Femi Adesina explains why President Buhari didn’t mention Lekki Killing in national addressIn EndSARSOctober 24, 2020Femi Adesina, Spokesman to President Muhammadu Buhari, has said that his principal did not miss anything in his (Buhari) nationwide broadcast on ...[Read more]
- President Buhari gives account of those killed during the #EndSARS protests across the countryIn EndSARSOctober 24, 2020President Muhammadu Buhari has said at least 69 people have been killed during the #EndSARS protests across the country. According to the BBC, Buhari ...[Read more]
- Governor Akeredolu of Ondo State lifts 24hour indefinite curfew imposed on the StateOctober 24, 2020Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State has lifted the 24hour indefinite curfew imposed on the State. The Commissioner for Information and ...[Read more]
- I would manage a team against Arsenal – WengerOctober 24, 2020Legendary Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger, has admitted he could manage a team against his former club. Wenger left the Gunners job in 2018 after 22 ...[Read more]
- Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike, proscribes IPOB in RiversOctober 24, 2020Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike, has proscribed all activities of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, in the State. Governor Wike made the ...[Read more]
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid: Why El Clasico clash will be ‘strange’ – KoemanOctober 24, 2020Barcelona boss, Ronald Koeman, has said that his side’s La Liga El Clasico clash against Real Madrid on Saturday will be ‘strange’ because it will be ...[Read more]
- Buhari meets with former heads of States and Security chiefsOctober 24, 2020President Muhammadu Buhari and former Nigerian leaders are in a meeting. The parley may not be unconnected with the widespread violence in the ...[Read more]
- West Ham vs Man City: Guardiola team’s plane develops problem during trip to LondonOctober 24, 2020Manchester City’s team flight to London was rerouted, after an aircraft fault on the eve of their Premier League clash at West Ham. Sportsmail ...[Read more]
- Manchester United vs. Chelsea: Who wins the Premier League clashOctober 24, 2020Manchester United will welcome Chelsea at Old Trafford this weekend for Match Day six of the Premier League season in the English top flight. Both ...[Read more]
- EPL: Berbatov predicts West Ham vs Man City, Man Utd vs Chelsea, Liverpool vs SheffieldOctober 24, 2020Former Manchester United striker, Dimitar Berbatov, has predicted some of the Match Day 6 matches that will be played in the Premier League this ...[Read more]