Ugandan lecturer and activist, Dr Stella Nyanzi who is aspiring to become Kampala Woman Member of Parliament has been arrested at the Uganda-Kenya border in Busia town.
It was gathered that Dr Nyanzi had crossed the border to Kenya through a porous border point.
On her way back to Uganda with her political assistant and photographer at about 9 pm on Saturday, September 19, she was intercepted at a petrol station by a combined security team including the army, the Chieftaincy of Military Intelligence, police and other security agencies.
Taking to her official Facebook page on Sunday morning, Dr Nyanzi said she spent the night in jail and questioned the reason for her arrest,
“I am back in Uganda. After getting into my country with my political assistant, my photographer and my driver, we crossed the Busia border and went to collect our car that was parked at the Shell Petrol Station.
I quickly got into the car. A man dressed in layer, intercepted us, refused my team to enter the car, threatened to shoot at us if we drove the car away and then blocked our exit with his car (number plate UBF398P). He is armed with a pistol in the pockets of his shorts. He is threatening us with arrest.
I wonder why these military boys think that they can bully us in our country. Yoweri Museveni crossed our border and went to another country. Nothing was done to him by men with guns upon entry. What have we done wrong?
Update after thirty minutes:
A car full of big men with stomachs in layer, thin black armed LDUs carrying AK47s and four military policemen wearing military camouflage have now surrounded my car. They are shouting at me to get out of the car. I have shouted back at them to ask what I have done wrong. I reminded them that I am a Ugandan in Uganda and that this is not a crime. They are accusing me of being a Ugandan who has re-entered Uganda from Kenya. Why didn’t they intercept dictator Yoweri Museveni and accuse him of re-entering Uganda from Tanzania earlier this week?
The armed men have forced my car boot open. They are ordering me to drive with them to the police station in Busia. I have explained to them that I do not drive because of my poor health. I have also told them to bring a police woman with her identification, wearing a mask, sanitized hands and that she should practice social distance when she is with me. They shouted back at me and are consulting among themselves.
Was dictator Museveni threatened and accosted by armed men who broke into his car when he returned to Uganda from Tanzania earlier this week? Why should a throng of unidentified men with guns come without a single policewoman to arrest me? Why should they bring all their crooked penises armed with all sorts of guns to arrest a single vagina? What crime have I committed? I am a Ugandan in Uganda. Is this a crime?
- Griezmann, Coutinho to get pay cuts at BarcelonaOctober 22, 2020Antoine Griezmann and Philippe Coutinho are in talks with Barcelona over new contracts, that will see them get pay cuts, ESPN reports. It is ...[Read more]
- Champions League: Zidane reveals who is responsible for Real Madrid’s 3-2 defeat to ShakhtarOctober 22, 2020Real Madrid manager, Zinedine Zidane, has taken full responsibility for their 3-2 defeat in the Champions League. Los Blancos began their campaign ...[Read more]
- #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Kills two Police Men In LagosIn Local NewsOctober 21, 2020The Lagos State Police Command on Wednesday said criminals under the appearance of partaking in the #EndSARS protest killed two police officers in ...[Read more]
- Champions League: Real Madrid star breaks record after 3-2 defeat to Shakhtar DonetskOctober 21, 2020Real Madrid forward, Vinicius Junior, on Wednesday night broke UEFA Champions League record following his side’s 3-2 defeat to Shakhtar Donetsk. Real ...[Read more]
- Thugs Attacks An Igbosere High Court, Trucked Away Countless Assets (+Video)In Local NewsOctober 21, 2020Blade using punks assaulted an Igbosere High Court in Obalende and apparently trucked away countless assets. The assault on Igbosere High Court, ...[Read more]
- Chelsea Vs. Sevilla: Three significant lessons from UEFA Champions League drawOctober 21, 2020The London side was held to a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge as Chelsea missed out on the chance to generate team confidence ahead of the next game. The ...[Read more]
- Rapid Vienna vs Arsenal: It is my decision to freeze Ozil out – Arteta finally opens upOctober 21, 2020Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta, has finally admitted that it was his decision to freeze Mesut Ozil out. Ozil has not featured for the Gunners since ...[Read more]
- Paris Saint-German Vs. Manchester United: Full match statisticsOctober 21, 2020Paris Saint-Germain lost at home (Parce des Princes) to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side on Tuesday Night. United impressed against the French side just ...[Read more]
- Champions League: Three key matches to watch tonightOctober 21, 2020The UEFA Champions League takes centre stage on Wednesday as hostility ensures on the pitch. Yesterday was the opening evening of football at the ...[Read more]
- Chelsea Vs Sevilla: Interesting features, match statistics from goalless drawOctober 21, 2020The Blues were pegged back again by Sevilla as they endured another 90 minutes without a win. They drew 3-3 against Southampton after taking a 2-0 ...[Read more]
- on ‘Men With Big D!ks Can Talk to Me Anyhow – Lydia Forson Explains in A New Video This is good for nation
- on ‘Men With Big D!ks Can Talk to Me Anyhow – Lydia Forson Explains in A New Video I have one baby, and I know how to work with it.
- on Rita Dominic and Kate Henshaw Joins #EndSARS protest yes o!! They will know that we own this country.
- on See Amazing Photos Of A Village In Abia State Nicknamed “Small London” (+Photos) You guys should come to my ebonyi and see that this one is small
- on Meet Man Who Employs His Biological Son As Security Man In His Company In Nigeria (+Photo) Hmm... Wetin concern me
- on Newcastle vs Man Utd: Paul Scholes blasts Cavani Time shall Tell
- on Man Kills His Parents In Enugu During Misunderstanding God why, okay why did village people called police, y can't theme kill…
- on Police Bust S3x Party, Arrest Guys While Having S3x With The Ladies (Photos) This idiots deserve what's happening to them
- on Kizz Daniels Finally Reveals The Girl He Is Dating Good evening
- on Kizz Daniels Finally Reveals The Girl He Is Dating Hello