The Jets and Giants honored late Post photographer Anthony J. Causi by renaming the photographers’ work room at MetLife Stadium in his honor.
The teams made a joint announcement before Sunday’s Jets-49ers game at the stadium that “The Anthony J. Causi Photo Work Room” would honor Causi and feature some of his most memorable photographs.
Causi died on April 12 from complications related to COVID-19. He was 48.
“For more than a quarter century, we were graced with Anthony’s ability to memorably capture iconic moments in New York sports history,” the teams said in a joint statement. “We believe it is most fitting to honor Anthony’s life and work by re-naming the room in his memory, and our hope is it provides some peace for Anthony’s wife Romina, their children John and Mia, the rest of Anthony’s family, as well as his friends and colleagues.”
Causi, who grew up in Brooklyn, joined The Post in 1994 as a photo messenger and worked his way up to full-time journalist photographer. He shot every team in New York during his time at The Post and developed a rapport with those he worked with and those he covered that was evident at the outpouring of grief after his death.
New York Post
- Match Day 1: Four (4) UEFA Champion League Player’s of the WeekOctober 23, 2020The Champions League may have commenced on a bright note as the 32 qualified team produced the quality they’ve got on the pitch. Though big sides ...[Read more]
- Man Utd vs Chelsea: Ziyech names three team-mates he wants to play withOctober 23, 2020Chelsea winger, Hakim Ziyech, has said he is “really excited” to play with “quality” team-mates, Timo Werner, Kai Havertz and Christian Pulisic. ...[Read more]
- LaLiga: Barcelona told to name Nou Camp after MessiOctober 23, 2020Barcelona defender, Gerard Pique, has told the club to name the redeveloped Camp Nou after Lionel Messi when it is finished. Pique, speaking to La ...[Read more]
- Dino Melaye says Buhari’s speech made him speechlessOctober 23, 2020Dino Melaye, former Kogi West Senator, has criticised President Muhammadu Buhari’s nationwide address over the End SARS protest. Melaye said Buhari’s ...[Read more]
- Nigerians are openly planning relocation from the country after President Buhari’s speechOctober 23, 2020Nigerians are openly planning relocation from the country after President Muhammadu Buhari’s speech. The president Thursday night addressed ...[Read more]
- PDP Blast President Buhari Over National broadcast, Says PMB showed no empathyOctober 23, 2020The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has described President Muhammadu Buhari’s address to the nation on Thursday evening, as disappointing and ...[Read more]
- Nnamdi Kanu does not speak for the Igbo Nation, Joe Igbokwe blast Nnamdi KanuOctober 23, 2020Joe Igbokwe, a chieftain of the All Progressive Congress, (APC), has berated the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu. He ...[Read more]
- Breaking: Femi Adesina reveals what will end NigeriaOctober 23, 2020Presidential spokesman, Femi Adesina has declared that hate may kill Nigeria. He gave the warning in an article on Thursday titled ‘If Nigeria dies, ...[Read more]
- See full list of police officers being prosecuted by Lagos State GovtOctober 23, 2020The Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Friday, released the names of police officers being prosecuted for various human rights violations ...[Read more]
- I’m So Hurt For Our Generation –Davido reacts to the current situation of NigeriaOctober 23, 2020I’m So Hurt For Our Generation – Davido Cries For His Generation Singer Davido has cried for his generation saying he’s so hurt looking at how things ...[Read more]