The All Progressives Congress (APC) has conceded defeat and issued a statement congratulating Governor Godwin Obaseki for winning last Saturday, September 19 governorship election in Edo state.
On Sunday, September 20, the Independent National Electoral Commission INEC declared Obaseki of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) winner of the election after polling 307, 955 votes to defeat his main contender Pastor Ize-Iyamu of the All Progressives Congress APC, who polled 223, 619 votes.
Reacting to the outcome of the election, Mai Mala Buni, who is the APC national caretaker committee, said in a statement that the peaceful conduct of the election and its outcome represents a victory for Nigeria’s democracy.
The statement reads ;
”The September 19, 2020, Edo State Governorship election is over, the winner has been declared by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in the person of the Mr. Godwin Obaseki, candidate of the People Democratic Party (PDP). We hereby congratulate the winner of the election, the people of Edo State and all Nigerians. The peaceful conduct of the election and its outcome represent victory for Nigeria’s democracy
As a party, we join our leader, President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR, to affirm our ‘commitment to free and fair elections’ in order to strengthen ‘the foundation for our political and moral authority’. We commend INEC, our security agencies and all political parties that contested the election for the successful conduct of the election. As a governing party, we will take every step necessary to support the Federal Government to consolidate all the gains achieved.
We, in particular want to salute our candidate in the election, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamuh for his tenacity and leadership. We similarly commend our Edo State leaders, especially our immediate past National Chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole and all our members in Edo State for demonstrating unwavering support for our party and our candidate in the election. In the face of all the challenges, we collectively remained faithful and worked tirelessly during the campaigns. We appeal to all our members to be strengthened by the outcome of the election and unite in order to correct all the problems that worked against our party and our candidate in the just concluded election.
Finally, we specially hereby celebrate our Edo State 2020 Governorship Campaign Council led by His Excellency Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, Governor of Kano State. We acknowledge and appreciate the contributions of all members of the Campaign Council. As progressives and democrats, we are confident that all leaders and members of the party will celebrate the outcome of the election as free and fair as acknowledge by our leader, President Muhammadu Buhari.
Let us unite to move our democracy for forward. We must put an end to the era when electoral contest become warfare. We urge our candidate and all our members to join us in congratulating Mr. Godwin Obaseki and the PDP, being the declared winner of the election. Our attention must now shift to Ondo State and ensure that we win the October 10, 2020 election. September 19, 2020 Edo election should present a new watershed. We will work hard to win the Ondo election. Having reaffirmed our commitment to free and fair elections, it is our expectation that all opposition parties in the country will also commit themselves to free and fair contests. We will therefore accordingly expect congratulatory message from all parties just as we similarly guarantee that once we are defeated in a fair contest, we will congratulate the winner.
May God continue to bless our democracy, our nation and our people!
His Excellency, Mai Mala Buni
Chairman, APC Caretaker Extraordinary/Convention Planning Committee”
- Champion League: Michael Owen predicts Ajax vs Liverpool, Man City vs Porto fixturesOctober 21, 2020Michael Owen, a former England striker, has predicted today’s Champions League matches between Ajax vs Liverpool and Manchester City vs Porto. ...[Read more]
- Ajax Amsterdam vs Liverpool: How Liverpool could line-up against Dutch giantsOctober 21, 2020The European Champions for 2018-2019 season Liverpool would begin their Champions League outing on Wednesday evening as they take a trip to Amsterdam ...[Read more]
- EPL: Mesut Ozil reacts after being dropped by Arteta from Arsenal’s 25-man squadOctober 21, 2020Arsenal playmaker, Mesut Ozil, has reacted after being left out of the Gunners’ Premier League squad for this season. Recall that Arsenal manager, ...[Read more]
- End SARS: Where is Buhari – US-based Nigerian boxer, Kamaru Usman asksOctober 21, 2020A US-based Nigerian boxer, Kamaru Usman, has queried the whereabouts of President Muhammadu Buhari as the End SARS protests continue to spread across ...[Read more]
- PSG vs Man Utd: What Rio Ferdinand said about Axel Tuanzebe after 2-1 winOctober 21, 2020Manchester United legend, Rio Ferdinand, has lauded defender, Axel Tuanzebe’s performance against Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League on ...[Read more]
- Champions League: Michael Owen criticizes one Chelsea player after 0-0 draw with SevillaOctober 21, 2020Former England striker, Michael Owen, has criticized Chelsea defender, Kurt Zouma, following the Blues’ Champions League 0-0 draw against Sevilla on ...[Read more]
- Nobody can silence me, Runtown respond to recent shootingsIn celebrityOctober 21, 2020Popular Nigerian Singer, Douglas Jack Agu, better known by his stage name Runtown, has hinted that he’s been getting death threats over his active ...[Read more]
- #ENDSARS: ”You threats can never silence me.” – Singer Runtown blows hotOctober 21, 2020Nigerian Singer, Douglas Jack Agu, better known by his stage name Runtown, has indicated that he’s been getting passing dangers over his ...[Read more]
- Protesters removes bullet from a shot victim as military opens fire(Picture)In NewsOctober 21, 2020Brave End SARS protesters were captured on camera trying to remove a bullet from the leg of a young man who was shot at the Lekki toll gate earlier ...[Read more]
- American rapper, Nicki Minaj prays for victims who were injured at the Lekki protest shootingOctober 21, 2020American rapper, Nicki Minaj has joined a growing list of international celebrities who are lending their voice to the #EndSARS protests. She also ...[Read more]
- on ‘Men With Big D!ks Can Talk to Me Anyhow – Lydia Forson Explains in A New Video This is good for nation
- on ‘Men With Big D!ks Can Talk to Me Anyhow – Lydia Forson Explains in A New Video I have one baby, and I know how to work with it.
- on Rita Dominic and Kate Henshaw Joins #EndSARS protest yes o!! They will know that we own this country.
- on See Amazing Photos Of A Village In Abia State Nicknamed “Small London” (+Photos) You guys should come to my ebonyi and see that this one is small
- on Meet Man Who Employs His Biological Son As Security Man In His Company In Nigeria (+Photo) Hmm... Wetin concern me
- on Newcastle vs Man Utd: Paul Scholes blasts Cavani Time shall Tell
- on Man Kills His Parents In Enugu During Misunderstanding God why, okay why did village people called police, y can't theme kill…
- on Police Bust S3x Party, Arrest Guys While Having S3x With The Ladies (Photos) This idiots deserve what's happening to them
- on Kizz Daniels Finally Reveals The Girl He Is Dating Good evening
- on Kizz Daniels Finally Reveals The Girl He Is Dating Hello