A flooding incident which occurred at Bauchi state has left about 25 people dead.
While accepting some officials of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) at the government house on Governor Bala’s behalf, Deputy Governor Baba Tela said;
READ ALSO: ‘I Met My Married Ex And I Still ‘Knack’ Am’ – Nigerians Can’t Keep Quiet About Man’s Post
“Areas that have not seen water or flood for the last five years or so are now impassable with a lot of water there.
“We have over 3,500 houses and over 2,200 farmlands destroyed. And you know in this part of the country, we depend on farming. So when you have over 2,000 farms destroyed, that will give you an indication of what is to come – lack of food as time goes on.
“The issue of flooding has been a reoccurring decimal not only in the state but across the country. In Bauchi State, about 15 local government areas have been affected by flooding, which is because of the unusual rainfall earlier predicted by NEMA.
“We have also lost about 25 lives and that is quite substantial; it is okay to lose something you can replace, but you can’t replace lives. We also have those who were injured, about 20 people.
“On the money lost as well as the farmlands and houses that have been destroyed this year, it’s almost N950 million, which does not include the infrastructure that the government has to replace as some roads have been washed away.”
READ ALSO: ‘Vajayjay On Fire’ – SEE What Happened To Slay Queen After Her Last Night Encounter With Male Client (VIDEO)
Baba Tela requested for the Government’s intervention and appreciated NEMA for providing relief materials for the state.
“I will like to mention that through NEMA, we have received various types of food items, totalling 220 trailers as relief materials.”
- Actor Alex Ekubo Says Lekki Toll Plaza, Should Be Renamed Lekki Memorial In Memory Of Our Fallen ComradesOctober 24, 2020In the wake of the anarchy that went before a Peaceful protest that required an end to police brutality and saw some youthful Nigerian’s die, ...[Read more]
- Actress Doris Ogala Accuses Uche Elendu Of Lying That Her Store Was LootedOctober 24, 2020Nigerian actress, Doris Ogala has accused her fellow actress Uche Elendu for lying that her store was plundered, following the mayhem from hooligans ...[Read more]
- Shehu Sani Begs hoodlums To Bring Back Oba Of Lagos’s StaffOctober 23, 2020Human right activist, Shehu Sani has begged whoever is in the position of the staff and shoe of the Oba of Lagos. Not too long ago, hoodlums broke ...[Read more]
- 69 People Lost Their Lives In The #EndSARS Protest – BuhariOctober 23, 2020Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari has revealed that 69 people lost their lives in the #EndSARS protest in the nation. As per the BBC, ...[Read more]
- Presidency Finally Reveals Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Toll Gate ShootingOctober 23, 2020The Presidency has revealed why President Buhari didn’t address Nigerians with respect to the Lekki toll gate shooting, during his speech ...[Read more]
- Liverpool Vs. Sheffield United: How Klopp’s side could line-up for EPL clashOctober 23, 2020Liverpool will play host to Sheffield United this weekend as they hope to return to winning ways in the Premier League. The English Champions have ...[Read more]
- Manchester United Vs Chelsea: How Red Devils could line-up against Frank Lampard sideOctober 23, 2020Manchester United will be looking to maintain the momentum owing to their Champions League victory against French side Paris Saint-Germain at the ...[Read more]
- Man Utd vs Chelsea: Pogba warned over new contractOctober 23, 2020Manchester United have informed Paul Pogba they have no desire to entice him to remain at the club with a bumper new contract, ESPN reports. Pogba ...[Read more]
- Lagos State Deputy Governor, Obafemi Hamzat reveals what actually happened in Lagos protestOctober 23, 2020Lagos State Deputy Governor, Obafemi Hamzat has revealed that genuine protesters were peaceful throughout the End SARS protest which took place ...[Read more]
- Round-up of Nigerian players in European League, Match Day 1October 23, 2020Nigerian players abroad were in action during the week for their respective clubs as the Europa League match took centre stage. There were goals from ...[Read more]