President Trump outlined his long-awaited health care plan on Thursday, signing a series of executive orders protecting Americans with preexisting conditions, ending surprise billing and introducing more affordable public options.
The move comes as the Trump administration tries to overturn Obamacare in the Supreme Court, arguing that a mandate requiring people have health care is unconstitutional.
“We’re delivering better care with more choice at a much lower cost and working to ensure Americans have access to the care they need,” Trump said of his “America First Health Care Plan” at an event in Charlotte, N.C.
The first executive order requires that health insurance companies cover all preexisting conditions for all customers, a move he floated in August, regardless of whether Obamacare is constitutional or not.
Barack Obama’s plan, formally known as the Affordable Care Act, includes a provision that prevents insurers from discriminating against Americans with preexisting medical conditions.
Railing against Obamacare as a “terrible” policy which sent premiums soaring, Trump said the GOP was the new party of healthcare.
“The Democrats like to constantly talk about it, and yet preexisting conditions are much safer with us than they are with them,” Trump said, slamming Joe Biden’s health care plan, which he said would result in “rationing care, denying choice, putting Americans on waitlists.”
“The historic action I’m taking today includes the first ever executive order to affirm it is the official policy of the United States government to protect patients with preexisting condition, so we’re making that official,” he said.
The commander in chief described his plan in “three pillars;” the second offering more customizable plans which he claimed would be 60 percent cheaper than his predecessor’s plan.
“When I took office, more than 50 percent of counties nationwide offered plans from only a single insurance company on the individual market,” Trump said.
“Starting next month more than 90 percent of the counties will have multiple options to choose from, which is really some difference,” he went on, announcing small businesses would also be able to offer more affordable options to their employees.
“These are tremendous options that didn’t exist before we came into office, and through a massive expansion of health reimbursement arrangements, millions of Americans will be able to shop for a plan of their choice on the individual market.”
The second option will be legislation to end surprise billing and pushing for price transparency on hospital procedures.
“The days of ripping off American patients are over,” he vowed.
Health care has emerged as a major issue in Trump’s first term and in July he signed an executive order reducing the cost of prescription drugs.
On Thursday, he announced that his administration would also send cards loaded with $200 to more than 33 million Medicare recipients to help them pay for their prescription medicines.
New York Post
- Griezmann, Coutinho to get pay cuts at BarcelonaOctober 22, 2020Antoine Griezmann and Philippe Coutinho are in talks with Barcelona over new contracts, that will see them get pay cuts, ESPN reports. It is ...[Read more]
- Champions League: Zidane reveals who is responsible for Real Madrid’s 3-2 defeat to ShakhtarOctober 22, 2020Real Madrid manager, Zinedine Zidane, has taken full responsibility for their 3-2 defeat in the Champions League. Los Blancos began their campaign ...[Read more]
- #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Kills two Police Men In LagosIn Local NewsOctober 21, 2020The Lagos State Police Command on Wednesday said criminals under the appearance of partaking in the #EndSARS protest killed two police officers in ...[Read more]
- Champions League: Real Madrid star breaks record after 3-2 defeat to Shakhtar DonetskOctober 21, 2020Real Madrid forward, Vinicius Junior, on Wednesday night broke UEFA Champions League record following his side’s 3-2 defeat to Shakhtar Donetsk. Real ...[Read more]
- Thugs Attacks An Igbosere High Court, Trucked Away Countless Assets (+Video)In Local NewsOctober 21, 2020Blade using punks assaulted an Igbosere High Court in Obalende and apparently trucked away countless assets. The assault on Igbosere High Court, ...[Read more]
- Chelsea Vs. Sevilla: Three significant lessons from UEFA Champions League drawOctober 21, 2020The London side was held to a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge as Chelsea missed out on the chance to generate team confidence ahead of the next game. The ...[Read more]
- Rapid Vienna vs Arsenal: It is my decision to freeze Ozil out – Arteta finally opens upOctober 21, 2020Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta, has finally admitted that it was his decision to freeze Mesut Ozil out. Ozil has not featured for the Gunners since ...[Read more]
- Paris Saint-German Vs. Manchester United: Full match statisticsOctober 21, 2020Paris Saint-Germain lost at home (Parce des Princes) to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side on Tuesday Night. United impressed against the French side just ...[Read more]
- Champions League: Three key matches to watch tonightOctober 21, 2020The UEFA Champions League takes centre stage on Wednesday as hostility ensures on the pitch. Yesterday was the opening evening of football at the ...[Read more]
- Chelsea Vs Sevilla: Interesting features, match statistics from goalless drawOctober 21, 2020The Blues were pegged back again by Sevilla as they endured another 90 minutes without a win. They drew 3-3 against Southampton after taking a 2-0 ...[Read more]
- on ‘Men With Big D!ks Can Talk to Me Anyhow – Lydia Forson Explains in A New Video This is good for nation
- on ‘Men With Big D!ks Can Talk to Me Anyhow – Lydia Forson Explains in A New Video I have one baby, and I know how to work with it.
- on Rita Dominic and Kate Henshaw Joins #EndSARS protest yes o!! They will know that we own this country.
- on See Amazing Photos Of A Village In Abia State Nicknamed “Small London” (+Photos) You guys should come to my ebonyi and see that this one is small
- on Meet Man Who Employs His Biological Son As Security Man In His Company In Nigeria (+Photo) Hmm... Wetin concern me
- on Newcastle vs Man Utd: Paul Scholes blasts Cavani Time shall Tell
- on Man Kills His Parents In Enugu During Misunderstanding God why, okay why did village people called police, y can't theme kill…
- on Police Bust S3x Party, Arrest Guys While Having S3x With The Ladies (Photos) This idiots deserve what's happening to them
- on Kizz Daniels Finally Reveals The Girl He Is Dating Good evening
- on Kizz Daniels Finally Reveals The Girl He Is Dating Hello