Two suspected fake soldiers who specialised in robbing and terrorising people were resued from being lynched by an angry mob in Sagamu, Ogun State.
It was gathered that the young men suddenly alighted from a sienna bus at Sabo Market, Sagamu and started beating up an elderly market woman and disrupting commercial activities in the market.
While they were causing havoc at the market, a serving soldier arrived at the scene and demanded the identity of the suspects. Instead of identifying themselves, they tried to flee the scene on commercial motorcycles.
The suspects were caught and an angry mob descended on them before a team of policemen arrived the scene and rescued them.
Spokesman of Ogun State Police Command, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi, who confirmed the incident on Thursday, September 24, said that the suspects, identified as Joseph Uzor and Obadeyi Quadr, were arrested on September 22 in Shagamu area of Ogun State, following a distress call received by the DPO Sakura division that four young men in Nigerian Army camouflage were causing chaos.
“Two pairs of Army camouflage uniform, two pairs of black boots, one camouflage vest, one camouflage faz cap, a phone and N10,800 were recovered from the suspects. They are strongly suspected to be part of the robbery syndicate who used to operate in military outfit along Shagamu-Benin Expressway some of who were recently apprehended,” Oyeyemi said.
“Meanwhile, the state Commissioner of Police, CP Edward Ajogun, has ordered the immediate transfer of the suspects to the state criminal investigation and intelligence department for discreet investigation. He equally directed an investigation into their past activities before arraigning them before a court of competent jurisdiction.” he added.
- Actor Alex Ekubo Says Lekki Toll Plaza, Should Be Renamed Lekki Memorial In Memory Of Our Fallen ComradesOctober 24, 2020In the wake of the anarchy that went before a Peaceful protest that required an end to police brutality and saw some youthful Nigerian’s die, ...[Read more]
- Actress Doris Ogala Accuses Uche Elendu Of Lying That Her Store Was LootedOctober 24, 2020Nigerian actress, Doris Ogala has accused her fellow actress Uche Elendu for lying that her store was plundered, following the mayhem from hooligans ...[Read more]
- Shehu Sani Begs hoodlums To Bring Back Oba Of Lagos’s StaffOctober 23, 2020Human right activist, Shehu Sani has begged whoever is in the position of the staff and shoe of the Oba of Lagos. Not too long ago, hoodlums broke ...[Read more]
- 69 People Lost Their Lives In The #EndSARS Protest – BuhariOctober 23, 2020Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari has revealed that 69 people lost their lives in the #EndSARS protest in the nation. As per the BBC, ...[Read more]
- Presidency Finally Reveals Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Toll Gate ShootingOctober 23, 2020The Presidency has revealed why President Buhari didn’t address Nigerians with respect to the Lekki toll gate shooting, during his speech ...[Read more]
- Liverpool Vs. Sheffield United: How Klopp’s side could line-up for EPL clashOctober 23, 2020Liverpool will play host to Sheffield United this weekend as they hope to return to winning ways in the Premier League. The English Champions have ...[Read more]
- Manchester United Vs Chelsea: How Red Devils could line-up against Frank Lampard sideOctober 23, 2020Manchester United will be looking to maintain the momentum owing to their Champions League victory against French side Paris Saint-Germain at the ...[Read more]
- Man Utd vs Chelsea: Pogba warned over new contractOctober 23, 2020Manchester United have informed Paul Pogba they have no desire to entice him to remain at the club with a bumper new contract, ESPN reports. Pogba ...[Read more]
- Lagos State Deputy Governor, Obafemi Hamzat reveals what actually happened in Lagos protestOctober 23, 2020Lagos State Deputy Governor, Obafemi Hamzat has revealed that genuine protesters were peaceful throughout the End SARS protest which took place ...[Read more]
- Round-up of Nigerian players in European League, Match Day 1October 23, 2020Nigerian players abroad were in action during the week for their respective clubs as the Europa League match took centre stage. There were goals from ...[Read more]