Presidential Candidate John Dramani Mahama of opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC), has expressed to the public, his honest views about the newly compiled Electoral Commissions’s Voters Register, saying it is full of bigotry and exclusion of some eligible citizens.
The Flagbearer of the NDC said this in a Press Statement he conducted on Thursday 24 September, 2020, where he addressed the nation about the EC Voters Register ‘anomalies. Again, on Friday 25 September, he posted a 1:16 seconds video on his Facebook page describing the Voters Register as incomplete to be used for 2020 general elections.
Ghgossip.com takes the Facebook Video as the source of this report.
He said “The Voters Registration itself was characterized by bigotry, and exclusion, where many citizens were crudely prevented from registering on the pretext that they were not Ghanaians.”
READ ALSO: 2020 Ghana Election: John Mahama To Address Ghanaians On EC’s Voter Register Anomalies
According to former President John Dramani Mahamah, he believes the uncalled for action of the Electoral Commission was supported by Ghana unconstitutional ‘security apparatus’.
“These acts of intimidation were perpetrated by the state’s security apparatus which is now filled with vigilante element loyal to the ruling NPP.” He added
He continued to argue that the new EC administration has no value and concensus approach that looks for peaceful cohesion of political parties in the country.
“Unfortunately the EC as presently constituted, has not valuable advice and the consensus building approach that has been nuelld so well for the sustenance of multi party democracy in our dear country. He eded.
Meanwhile the EC has ruled out the allegations of the NDC party about the Voters Register, saying the opposition party has no facts in their assumptions.
READ ALSO: 2020 Ghana Election: Allegations Regarding The Removal Of NDC Members In The Voters Register Unfounded – EC
- EPL: Berbatov predicts West Ham vs Man City, Man Utd vs Chelsea, Liverpool vs SheffieldOctober 24, 2020Former Manchester United striker, Dimitar Berbatov, has predicted some of the Match Day 6 matches that will be played in the Premier League this ...[Read more]
- EPL: Michael Owen predicts Arsenal vs Leicester City, Man United vs ChelseaOctober 24, 2020Former Real Madrid and Liverpool striker, Michael Owen, has predicted Arsenal to beat Leicester City in Sunday’s Premier League clash at Emirates. ...[Read more]
- Man Utd vs Chelsea: Lampard’s squad for EPL clash confirmedOctober 24, 2020Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard, will be able to name his strongest starting XI in Saturday’s clash with Manchester United. The UK Metro reports that ...[Read more]
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid: Eto’o predicts El Clasico clash on SaturdayIn SportsOctober 24, 2020Former Cameroon striker, Samuel Eto’o, has said he expects a “dramatic” game between Real Madrid and Barcelona on Saturday. The game will be played ...[Read more]
- Man Utd vs Chelsea: Cavani in line to make EPL debutOctober 24, 2020Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has said new striker Edinson Cavani has been “very meticulous” in training and could make his debut ...[Read more]
- Actor Alex Ekubo Says Lekki Toll Plaza, Should Be Renamed Lekki Memorial In Memory Of Our Fallen ComradesOctober 24, 2020In the wake of the anarchy that went before a Peaceful protest that required an end to police brutality and saw some youthful Nigerian’s die, ...[Read more]
- Actress Doris Ogala Accuses Uche Elendu Of Lying That Her Store Was LootedOctober 24, 2020Nigerian actress, Doris Ogala has accused her fellow actress Uche Elendu for lying that her store was plundered, following the mayhem from hooligans ...[Read more]
- Shehu Sani Begs hoodlums To Bring Back Oba Of Lagos’s StaffOctober 23, 2020Human right activist, Shehu Sani has begged whoever is in the position of the staff and shoe of the Oba of Lagos. Not too long ago, hoodlums broke ...[Read more]
- 69 People Lost Their Lives In The #EndSARS Protest – BuhariOctober 23, 2020Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari has revealed that 69 people lost their lives in the #EndSARS protest in the nation. As per the BBC, ...[Read more]
- Presidency Finally Reveals Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Toll Gate ShootingOctober 23, 2020The Presidency has revealed why President Buhari didn’t address Nigerians with respect to the Lekki toll gate shooting, during his speech ...[Read more]