The Korean Air flight attendants might have been small, but they were mighty in bringing down a violent passenger — with a little help from a 6-foot-tall American.
On the final leg of a Seoul-to-Seattle jaunt, a man in business class put a clear plastic bag over his head, pulled out a sharp hairpin and started screaming that he had a bomb and wanted to go to Vancouver, BC, because he had never been there before, the Seattle Times reported, citing court documents.
Then, the man darted around the cabin, still yelling in both English and Korean. The flight attendants pulled out Tasers, but couldn’t stop him. He charged the cockpit, pounding on the door and jerking on the handle.
During the commotion, Gene Parente leaped out of his seat to offer an assist. “It’s your worst post-9/11 nightmare,“ he told the outlet.
Parente and the man traded a few punches, then two reserve pilots showed up. “It was total madness,” he said.
The trio managed to wrestle the man — about the same size as Parente — to the floor. They put giant zip ties on the man and sat on him for about 45 minutes, until the plane landed.
FBI agents were there to greet the suspect — Gyeong Jei Lee, a Korean native who now lives in Colorado — when he stepped on the ground in Seattle. Now, he is facing federal charges of interference with a flight crew and assault on an aircraft.
New York Post
- Actress Uche Elendu Opens GoFundMe After Her Store Was Looted By HoodlumsOctober 24, 2020Nollywood actress, Uche Elendu has set up a GoFundMe account for financial support following the plunder of her store a few days prior. The actress ...[Read more]
- Army surrounds Covid-19 Palliative warehouse in BeninIn EndSARSOctober 24, 2020Following the instability crisis and unrest in the country, warehouses stockpiled with relief items prepared to cater to the issue of hunger that ...[Read more]
- What happen in Nigerian can happen in Ghana, John Mahama tells Ghana govtOctober 24, 2020Former president and opposition leader of the National Democratic Congress, John Mahama, has drawn a parallel between the current situation in ...[Read more]
- Let’s keep hope alive, Vee sends word of encouragements to NigeriansOctober 24, 2020Former BBNaija housemate Vee has sent words of encouragement to all Nigerians on the street protesting for an end to police brutality. Vee In a post ...[Read more]
- DJ Switch explains the real ordeal at Lekki toll gate shooting(Watch Video)October 24, 2020Renowned Nigerian Disc Jockey and a key player in the #EndSARS protest, DJ Switch has officially addressed her teaming fans on what exactly happened ...[Read more]
- See those who won BBNaija Brighto giveaway he promised on Wathoni’s birthdayIn BBNaijaOctober 24, 2020Former BBNaija housemate Brighto has finally announced the names of people who won the giveaway he promised on Wathoni’s birthday. Brighto If readers ...[Read more]
- BBNaija star, Tacha advises Nigerians to keep protecting and caring for each other’s well beingOctober 24, 2020Former BBNaija housemate Tacha has advised Nigerians to keep protecting and caring for each other’s well being in these difficult times. Tacha ...[Read more]
- Rita Dominic blast Nigerians who support bad government, See what she saidOctober 24, 2020Renowned Nigerian actress of Nollywood fame, Rita Dominic has come out to jab the supportive individuals who are working for the very leaders ...[Read more]
- Watch the heartbreaking video of the girl who lost her boyfriend to the Lekki shootingIn EndSARSOctober 24, 2020Even as protests rage on the streets of Nigeria, more stories are emerging of innocent people gunned to death by soldiers. And though many prominent ...[Read more]
- Senator Shehu Sani begs thugs to return staff to Oba of LagosOctober 24, 2020Senator Shehu Sani, on his Twitter page, has released a statement to request the thugs who attacked the office of the palace of “Oba of Lagos” and ...[Read more]