Former Barcelona striker, Luis Suarez has shared his excitement after signing a deal with Atletico Madrid to team up with Diego Simeone’s side.
The No.9 has arrived at the Estadio Wanda Metropolitano after being forced out at Barcelona, having it made clear to him that he didn’t feature in new boss Ronald Koeman’s plans.
“Signing for a great side in Spain is very motivating,” Suarez said to Atletico Madrid’s official website.
“To contribute a bit more to a great side like Atletico motivates me.
“In recent seasons they’ve always been fighting [in LaLiga Santander] and they show you what it means to compete.
“I want to try to help the team where I can.”
Atletico coach Diego Simeone had spoken to the Uruguayan ahead of his arrival, which Suarez said helped in his decision.
“The conversation I had with the coach added to me wanting to come to Atletico,” Suarez said.
“He has something that motivates you, he speaks to you with a lot of conviction.”
Both Antoine Griezmann and Diego Godin are players that Suarez knows well, and he says they both had nothing but good things to say about Los Rojiblancos.
“They only told me positive things,” Suarez added.
“They made history at the club and have made themselves available to me, whatever I need in Madrid.
“I’m very grateful for that.”
Suarez arrives from Barcelona to a club with a very different identity, but he is aware that he’ll have to adapt his game.
“A player cannot change a team’s philosophy,” he explained.
“The player has to adapt to the dynamics of that team and that has happened in my past.” [TB]
- Actress Uche Elendu Opens GoFundMe After Her Store Was Looted By HoodlumsOctober 24, 2020Nollywood actress, Uche Elendu has set up a GoFundMe account for financial support following the plunder of her store a few days prior. The actress ...[Read more]
- Army surrounds Covid-19 Palliative warehouse in BeninIn EndSARSOctober 24, 2020Following the instability crisis and unrest in the country, warehouses stockpiled with relief items prepared to cater to the issue of hunger that ...[Read more]
- What happen in Nigerian can happen in Ghana, John Mahama tells Ghana govtOctober 24, 2020Former president and opposition leader of the National Democratic Congress, John Mahama, has drawn a parallel between the current situation in ...[Read more]
- Let’s keep hope alive, Vee sends word of encouragements to NigeriansOctober 24, 2020Former BBNaija housemate Vee has sent words of encouragement to all Nigerians on the street protesting for an end to police brutality. Vee In a post ...[Read more]
- DJ Switch explains the real ordeal at Lekki toll gate shooting(Watch Video)October 24, 2020Renowned Nigerian Disc Jockey and a key player in the #EndSARS protest, DJ Switch has officially addressed her teaming fans on what exactly happened ...[Read more]
- See those who won BBNaija Brighto giveaway he promised on Wathoni’s birthdayIn BBNaijaOctober 24, 2020Former BBNaija housemate Brighto has finally announced the names of people who won the giveaway he promised on Wathoni’s birthday. Brighto If readers ...[Read more]
- BBNaija star, Tacha advises Nigerians to keep protecting and caring for each other’s well beingOctober 24, 2020Former BBNaija housemate Tacha has advised Nigerians to keep protecting and caring for each other’s well being in these difficult times. Tacha ...[Read more]
- Rita Dominic blast Nigerians who support bad government, See what she saidOctober 24, 2020Renowned Nigerian actress of Nollywood fame, Rita Dominic has come out to jab the supportive individuals who are working for the very leaders ...[Read more]
- Watch the heartbreaking video of the girl who lost her boyfriend to the Lekki shootingIn EndSARSOctober 24, 2020Even as protests rage on the streets of Nigeria, more stories are emerging of innocent people gunned to death by soldiers. And though many prominent ...[Read more]
- Senator Shehu Sani begs thugs to return staff to Oba of LagosOctober 24, 2020Senator Shehu Sani, on his Twitter page, has released a statement to request the thugs who attacked the office of the palace of “Oba of Lagos” and ...[Read more]