Popular Ghanaian counselor, Counselor Edem Adofoli has advised women against helping a man to marry them.
According to the renowned counselor, ladies need to know that the purpose of the man in their lives is to love them not to use them.
He made this known in a recent social media post he made on Facebook where he wrote;
“WOMEN, DON’T HELP A MAN MARRY YOU
Written by Counselor Adofoli
Ladies need to know that the purpose of the man in their lives is to love them not to use them. No woman should allow herself to be seen as an opportunity but rather be a friend by insisting that any man who wants them has what it takes to get her. It is an error to help a man marry you.
Many at times desperation makes people drink at every cup presented to them, without knowing that is how they get poisoned. It doesn’t take only love to make a marriage work. In this modern world of ours, no matter how strong your feelings or chemistry for someone one is, you will need money to take care of them.
It is sad to know some men are so lazy out there and are looking for women as an opportunity to use them. It doesn’t matter how handsome he is, one thing you should keep in mind is, you don’t need a prince to make your marriage work, you need a person who can treat you like a princess; someone who cares for you and doesn’t want to see you lack.
There is everything wrong with a man who accepts money from a woman for her bride price because he doesn’t have or is broke at that moment. It is very deceptive for any man to agree or allow a woman to put cloth in a bag or provide the very things he was going to present to her in the name of bride price. That is the height of desperation.
What this means is, the man is not qualified for marriage but wants to do that through any crooked means. Well in case you don’t know, the principal for marriage is God, and He doesn’t approve a holy union based on deception.
There is nothing wrong helping people you love but there is everything wrong helping a man to marry you, it means he doesn’t have what it takes to marry you. After the marriage, do you expect him to be a full man or half man? Do you expect him to provide, since you are teaching him it is fine not to provide because you can do that?
Any woman who wants to end up together with the man she loves has to show him how to get her, but not to cheapen herself for him without letting him get her. The truth is, he might know your true value because he didn’t get you.
Instead of putting your clothes in a bag for bride price, giving him money, clothing him, etc, rather motivate and pray for him to work and earn enough to do that. If he has to go to school and learn a new skill, let him do that.
As least he will respect and value you when he is spending on you. No one wants to waste what he spends on. But it is easy to disrespect and waste what you didn’t spend on or work for.
It is also important not to go to bed with any man you are dating even if you are not a virgin. So you won’t have to marry a man because he impregnates you. You won’t get so much attached if he refuses to man up. It makes you easily let go.
Be with a man who is independent, supportive. A man who can provide for himself and his household. A man who makes life better and not a man who makes life harder. That is love and if you have not met such a person yet, pray for love and don’t play with love.
In conclusion “A lazy fellow is a pain to his employers—like smoke in their eyes or vinegar that sets the teeth on edge” – Proverbs 10:26 (TLB).”
- Nadia Buari sympathies with Nigerian over #EndSARS protestOctober 24, 2020Ghanaian actress who has played many roles in Nollywood movies, Nadia Buari has sent her words of sympathies and encouragement to the Nigerians who ...[Read more]
- Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde asks Nigerians for forgiveness over Lekki Protest commentOctober 24, 2020Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde has retracted and requested for Nigerians forgiveness for the uncaring comment she made on her Twitter page following the ...[Read more]
- “IF YOU EVER GET TIRED,LEARN TO REST NOT QUIT”, Somadina motivates fansOctober 24, 2020Popular Nigerian actor and ex-lover of Nigerian billionaire’s wife Regina Daniels, Somadina Adinma has taken to social media to motivate his fans and ...[Read more]
- See what Davido’s new post that got fans talkingOctober 24, 2020Nigerian singer and songwriter Davido has taken to social media to reveal his belief. Even though some people believe that God does not exist, the ...[Read more]
- EndSARS protesters have reportedly set ablaze the statue of the late Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe at Awka, See whyIn EndSARSOctober 24, 2020Angry EndSARS protesters have reportedly set ablaze the statue of pioneer President of Nigeria, the late Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe at Denis Memorial Grammar ...[Read more]
- Nollywood actress Destiny Etiko Lament over the current state of NigeriaOctober 24, 2020Nollywood actress Destiny Etiko has taken to social media to lament over Nigeria being a fail country because of bad leaders. Destiny Etiko The ...[Read more]
- Please stay at home if you don’t have any need to go outside, BBNaija Wathoni advises LagosiansIn BBNaijaOctober 24, 2020Former BBNaija housemate Wathoni has advised citizens to stay at home if they do not have anything to do outside. Wathoni The Lagos state government ...[Read more]
- Arsenal vs Leicester City: Arteta provides update on Willian, Ceballos, othersIn SportsOctober 24, 2020Arsenal boss, Mikel Arteta, has provided the latest update on Willian and Dani Ceballos ahead of his side’s Premier League clash with Leicester City ...[Read more]
- Manchester United vs. Chelsea: Three significant points ahead of the weekend showdownIn SportsOctober 24, 2020Manchester United would lock horns with Frank Lampard’s side as the Premier League gets hot by the day. The match will be laden with expectations as ...[Read more]
- Actress Uche Elendu Opens GoFundMe After Her Store Was Looted By HoodlumsOctober 24, 2020Nollywood actress, Uche Elendu has set up a GoFundMe account for financial support following the plunder of her store a few days prior. The actress ...[Read more]