An Igbo group, Igbonine Kwezuenu, Monday, announced its plan to drag the federal government to the International Court of Justice as a result of ‘constant killing of Igbo youths, who were clamouring for an independent Biafra Republic’.
Igbonine Kwezuenu stated this in a press release made available to our correspondent in Awka. The document was signed by its national coordinator, Nelson Udeh, and the secretary, Philemon Madu.
According to the statement, “The contemplation to have showdown with the Nigeria Police or, on the alternative, drag them to the International Court of Justice came to us following series of confrontations the police were having with Igbo youths, under the auspices of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) and the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB), when a good number of the agitators lost their lives.”
While recalling the recent brawl between IPOB members and some security operatives at Emene, Enugu, which occurred on August 23, 2020, leading to deaths of at least four persons, including two operatives of the DSS, the group stated that, “One of such painful incidences happened sometime in 2014 when a group of Igbo youths, who were members of MASSOB, having their peaceful meeting at Nkutaku area of Okpoko, a swampy area of Ogbaru LGA, Anambra State, were invaded by security operatives, and were tear-gassed, manhandled, and some lost their lives after sustaining bullet wounds.
“The leader of the youths, one Mr Lotanna Charles Muoka, a vibrant youth activist, who was a strong advocate of the Igbo emancipation, was declared wanted as a result of the Okpoko incident of 2014.”
Police sources in Awka could not confirm the allegations for lack of records. The Anambra State police public relations officer, SP Haruna Mohammed, was quoted as saying that, “It won’t be out of place for the police to declare an IPOB or a MASSOB member wanted; as might be the case in the alleged 2014 incident, purportedly involving the so-called Lotanna Charles Muoka, since MASSOB and IPOB are proscribed by the federal government, and the prescription is still in force.”
- Paris Saint-German Vs. Manchester United: Full match statisticsOctober 21, 2020Paris Saint-Germain lost at home (Parce des Princes) to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side on Tuesday Night. United impressed against the French side just ...[Read more]
- Champions League: Three key matches to watch tonightOctober 21, 2020The UEFA Champions League takes centre stage on Wednesday as hostility ensures on the pitch. Yesterday was the opening evening of football at the ...[Read more]
- Chelsea Vs Sevilla: Interesting features, match statistics from goalless drawOctober 21, 2020The Blues were pegged back again by Sevilla as they endured another 90 minutes without a win. They drew 3-3 against Southampton after taking a 2-0 ...[Read more]
- Our leaders are bunch of fools-Destiny EtikoOctober 21, 2020This comes after Tuesday night’s massacre that occurred at the Lekki Toll Gate which had the military opening fire on innocent protesters. Reacting ...[Read more]
- Police arrests Nollywood Labista as he leads protest in AbaOctober 21, 2020After learning about this unfortunate incident, actress Destiny Etiko has taken to social media to demand the immediate release of her colleague. ...[Read more]
- Ghanian president after seeing the massacre on Tuesday finally speaks about the Nigerian #EndSARS protestOctober 21, 2020Ghanian president after seeing the massacre on Tuesday finally speaks about the Nigerian #EndSARS protest He seem to revel in the fact that he ...[Read more]
- I have spoken to Buhari to settle issue about the #EndSARS protest-Nana Akuffo Addo, Ghana PresidentOctober 21, 2020Nana Akuffo Addo said this in a tweet recently, saying; “I join all well-meaning persons in calling for calm, and the use of dialogue in resolving ...[Read more]
- Moment Fearless Youths Confronted Soldier Who Shot At Them In Agbara (Watch Video)October 21, 2020A viral video has showed the moment some fearless protesters defied an officer who purportedly took shots at them in Agbara region of Lagos state. ...[Read more]
- Staff Of Office Stolen As Hoodlums Attack Palace Of Oba Of Lagos (+Video)October 21, 2020Alleged hoodlums have invaded the Palace of Oba of Lagos and have reportedly stolen his staff of office. Online reports say his palace located ...[Read more]
- Sanwo-Olu’s alleged family house set ablaze by angry mob (+Video)October 21, 2020Lagos state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu’s family house has been set on fire by a furious youths. A few chilling reports have followed the ...[Read more]
- on ‘Men With Big D!ks Can Talk to Me Anyhow – Lydia Forson Explains in A New Video This is good for nation
- on ‘Men With Big D!ks Can Talk to Me Anyhow – Lydia Forson Explains in A New Video I have one baby, and I know how to work with it.
- on Rita Dominic and Kate Henshaw Joins #EndSARS protest yes o!! They will know that we own this country.
- on See Amazing Photos Of A Village In Abia State Nicknamed “Small London” (+Photos) You guys should come to my ebonyi and see that this one is small
- on Meet Man Who Employs His Biological Son As Security Man In His Company In Nigeria (+Photo) Hmm... Wetin concern me
- on Newcastle vs Man Utd: Paul Scholes blasts Cavani Time shall Tell
- on Man Kills His Parents In Enugu During Misunderstanding God why, okay why did village people called police, y can't theme kill…
- on Police Bust S3x Party, Arrest Guys While Having S3x With The Ladies (Photos) This idiots deserve what's happening to them
- on Kizz Daniels Finally Reveals The Girl He Is Dating Good evening
- on Kizz Daniels Finally Reveals The Girl He Is Dating Hello