A Michigan man was fatally shot and his attacker is on the loose after the pair is believed to have had an argument while standing in the line to get into a Detroit haunted house, police said.
The victim, a 29-year-old Detroit man, was with his girlfriend waiting to enter Erebus Haunted House on South Perry Street shortly after 12:30 a.m. on Sunday when “a male subject in line ahead of them would not move,” the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office said in a press release later that day.
“The victim and the suspect exchanged words as the suspect thought the victim had cut in line ahead of him,” police added.
The victim then told his girlfriend he was going to his car in a nearby parking lot. It’s not clear when the other man also left the line and made his way to the lot, but police said witnesses later heard bullets being fired.
The victim, whose name was not immediately released, was shot in the neck, chest and side, police said. He was found lying on the concrete and was rushed to an area hospital, but could not be saved.
Police provided photographs of the suspected shooter, whom they described as a thin Black man who was approximately 6-feet tall, wearing jeans and an orange hoodie. They also shared pictures of a blue sedan that was seen fleeing the scene after the shooting.
Investigators are offering a reward in an unspecified amount for any information that leads them to the killer.
- Match Day 6: Three key Premier League matches to watch this weekendOctober 24, 2020The Premier League match enters week six as we look forward to mouthwatering games at the weekend. Chelsea would take on Manchester United, the same ...[Read more]
- Nadia Buari sympathies with Nigerian over #EndSARS protestOctober 24, 2020Ghanaian actress who has played many roles in Nollywood movies, Nadia Buari has sent her words of sympathies and encouragement to the Nigerians who ...[Read more]
- Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde asks Nigerians for forgiveness over Lekki Protest commentOctober 24, 2020Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde has retracted and requested for Nigerians forgiveness for the uncaring comment she made on her Twitter page following the ...[Read more]
- “IF YOU EVER GET TIRED,LEARN TO REST NOT QUIT”, Somadina motivates fansOctober 24, 2020Popular Nigerian actor and ex-lover of Nigerian billionaire’s wife Regina Daniels, Somadina Adinma has taken to social media to motivate his fans and ...[Read more]
- See what Davido’s new post that got fans talkingOctober 24, 2020Nigerian singer and songwriter Davido has taken to social media to reveal his belief. Even though some people believe that God does not exist, the ...[Read more]
- EndSARS protesters have reportedly set ablaze the statue of the late Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe at Awka, See whyIn EndSARSOctober 24, 2020Angry EndSARS protesters have reportedly set ablaze the statue of pioneer President of Nigeria, the late Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe at Denis Memorial Grammar ...[Read more]
- Nollywood actress Destiny Etiko Lament over the current state of NigeriaOctober 24, 2020Nollywood actress Destiny Etiko has taken to social media to lament over Nigeria being a fail country because of bad leaders. Destiny Etiko The ...[Read more]
- Please stay at home if you don’t have any need to go outside, BBNaija Wathoni advises LagosiansIn BBNaijaOctober 24, 2020Former BBNaija housemate Wathoni has advised citizens to stay at home if they do not have anything to do outside. Wathoni The Lagos state government ...[Read more]
- Arsenal vs Leicester City: Arteta provides update on Willian, Ceballos, othersIn SportsOctober 24, 2020Arsenal boss, Mikel Arteta, has provided the latest update on Willian and Dani Ceballos ahead of his side’s Premier League clash with Leicester City ...[Read more]
- Manchester United vs. Chelsea: Three significant points ahead of the weekend showdownIn SportsOctober 24, 2020Manchester United would lock horns with Frank Lampard’s side as the Premier League gets hot by the day. The match will be laden with expectations as ...[Read more]