The Popular Nigerian Singer, Ayo ‘Wizkid‘ Balogun, yesterday told President Buhari to focus more on affairs bothering his country, Nigeria.
Wizkid sent a message to the President after the official Twitter account sent a message to Donald Trump, wishing the US President quick recovery after it was announced that he’d contracted COVID-19.
A lot of Nigerians deemed it irrelevant and Wizkid voiced the same sentiment.
Wizkid in his reply wrote ;
Donald trump is not your business!
Old man! Police/Sarz still killing
Nigerian youth on a daily! Do something!
Nothing concern u for America!
Face your country !!
While some Nigerians commended Wizkid for his bravery, others chided the singer for being disrespectful in his message.
A Twitter user with the handle @jeffphilips1 said Wizkid using the words ”Old Man” is an insult in his culture.
He wrote ;
No matter how you look at it, no matter how angry you are with Nig, Wizkid using the words “old man!” on the president is an insult in his Yoruba culture. We are not British, we’re not Americans, we are Nigerians and we have a culture. From the eye of a parent, that’s decadence
- Dino Melaye says Buhari’s speech made him speechlessOctober 23, 2020Dino Melaye, former Kogi West Senator, has criticised President Muhammadu Buhari’s nationwide address over the End SARS protest. Melaye said Buhari’s ...[Read more]
- Nigerians are openly planning relocation from the country after President Buhari’s speechOctober 23, 2020Nigerians are openly planning relocation from the country after President Muhammadu Buhari’s speech. The president Thursday night addressed ...[Read more]
- PDP Blast President Buhari Over National broadcast, Says PMB showed no empathyOctober 23, 2020The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has described President Muhammadu Buhari’s address to the nation on Thursday evening, as disappointing and ...[Read more]
- Nnamdi Kanu does not speak for the Igbo Nation, Joe Igbokwe blast Nnamdi KanuOctober 23, 2020Joe Igbokwe, a chieftain of the All Progressive Congress, (APC), has berated the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu. He ...[Read more]
- Breaking: Femi Adesina reveals what will end NigeriaOctober 23, 2020Presidential spokesman, Femi Adesina has declared that hate may kill Nigeria. He gave the warning in an article on Thursday titled ‘If Nigeria dies, ...[Read more]
- See full list of police officers being prosecuted by Lagos State GovtOctober 23, 2020The Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Friday, released the names of police officers being prosecuted for various human rights violations ...[Read more]
- I’m So Hurt For Our Generation –Davido reacts to the current situation of NigeriaOctober 23, 2020I’m So Hurt For Our Generation – Davido Cries For His Generation Singer Davido has cried for his generation saying he’s so hurt looking at how things ...[Read more]
- “See my house, my house don full”, Woman shares video of Palliative package she lootedOctober 23, 2020“My House Don Full” – Woman Celebrates After Receiving A Large Number Of COVID-19 Palliatives From Thugs (Video) A video making rounds on social ...[Read more]
- Nigerian Girl expresses Disappointment in Nigerian witches, See whyIn Local NewsOctober 23, 2020Girl Expresses Disappointed In Nigerian Witches Especially Her Father’s Sister A young Nigerian lady has taken to her social media page to express ...[Read more]
- “I Have Not Slept”, Burna Boy reveals his state about Lekki Toll Gate ShootingOctober 23, 2020Lekki Toll Gate Shooting: “I Have Not Slept” – Burna Boy Reveals Popular Nigerian musician, Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu, simply known as Burna Boy, has ...[Read more]