Expressiveinfo reported that Reverend Uma Ukpai, the founder and president of Uma Ukpai Evangelistic Association, a nondenominational gospel ministry based in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, has kicked against Biafra agitation.
Recall that the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, who is also the Director of Radio Biafra, is agitating for the Republic of Biafra. His group, the IPOB which is also seeking to break away from Nigeria had since been proscribed by the Nigerian government led by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Like Kanu, the Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) is also fighting the same course along with other pro-Biafra groups in Nigeria.
Addressing reporters in Uyo, headquarters of his ministry, the Abia-born cleric condemned agitations for Biafra, saying that those agitating for the actualization of Biafra Republic are “mad people.”
Ukpai, a Christian leader, an evangelist, and a preacher, stressed that anyone agitating for Biafra only confirms the level of his or her madness, adding however that everybody is mad but the difference only being in the level of madness.
“There will always be crazy people, even when people are seen to be normal. Whoever is agitating for Biafra shows the level of his madness, but everybody is mad, the difference is the level of your madness,” he said.
The Cleric, who assessed Nigeria at 60, said he is disappointed there are still divisive elements holding the country apart.
According to him until Nigerians begin to love and respect another, it would not make any meaningful progress.
“In Nigeria we are all in a hurry to reach where are going to, so much so that we have no regards for others, no time for others and no love for others.
“As a nation until we love one another, we cannot notice one another, only when we love that which we have, that we can develop. But in Nigeria, we don’t care whether others eat or not.If we have no respect for one another, it also mean we don’t care whether others exist or not,” the cleric lamented.
Also speaking on the clamour for restructuring by Pastor Enoch Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) and the controversies it generated, the cleric said: “I don’t think that he (Adeboye) is not entitled to his opinion.
“He is a man of God and he must have seen what happened during the civil war, which would guide him in the deductions he made. But to me, everybody is entitled to his opinion,” Ukpai added.
Credit: Punch Newz.
- Killers of Youths at Lekki Toll Gate mindless, The Middle Belt Forum blast killersIn EndSARSOctober 23, 2020The Middle Belt Forum, MBF, has noted with concern what it described as the mindless killings of protesters, paving a trail of bloodshed in a ...[Read more]
- Northern State Governors’s Forum reveals the enemies of BuhariOctober 23, 2020The Northern States Governors’ Forum (NSGF) has claimed that “diabolical influencers in form of hooliganism, ethno-religious bigots and even ...[Read more]
- ENDSARS: American Popular Rapper Meek Mill Joins Protest, See His PostOctober 23, 2020American popular rapper, Meek Mill has responded to the situation in Nigeria particularly the inescapable #EndSARS protest. He revealed that he ...[Read more]
- Match Day 1: Four (4) UEFA Champion League Player’s of the WeekOctober 23, 2020The Champions League may have commenced on a bright note as the 32 qualified team produced the quality they’ve got on the pitch. Though big sides ...[Read more]
- Man Utd vs Chelsea: Ziyech names three team-mates he wants to play withOctober 23, 2020Chelsea winger, Hakim Ziyech, has said he is “really excited” to play with “quality” team-mates, Timo Werner, Kai Havertz and Christian Pulisic. ...[Read more]
- LaLiga: Barcelona told to name Nou Camp after MessiOctober 23, 2020Barcelona defender, Gerard Pique, has told the club to name the redeveloped Camp Nou after Lionel Messi when it is finished. Pique, speaking to La ...[Read more]
- Dino Melaye says Buhari’s speech made him speechlessOctober 23, 2020Dino Melaye, former Kogi West Senator, has criticised President Muhammadu Buhari’s nationwide address over the End SARS protest. Melaye said Buhari’s ...[Read more]
- Nigerians are openly planning relocation from the country after President Buhari’s speechOctober 23, 2020Nigerians are openly planning relocation from the country after President Muhammadu Buhari’s speech. The president Thursday night addressed ...[Read more]
- PDP Blast President Buhari Over National broadcast, Says PMB showed no empathyOctober 23, 2020The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has described President Muhammadu Buhari’s address to the nation on Thursday evening, as disappointing and ...[Read more]
- Nnamdi Kanu does not speak for the Igbo Nation, Joe Igbokwe blast Nnamdi KanuIn EndSARSOctober 23, 2020Joe Igbokwe, a chieftain of the All Progressive Congress, (APC), has berated the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu. He ...[Read more]