Newzandar News caught the moment where Governor Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State was booed at the Lekki Toll-Gate.
#EndSARS dissidents on Monday morning hindered the Lekki cost entryway part of the Lekki-Epe Expressway in Lagos State to request a conclusion to police brutality.
The resumed demonstration comes after the police scrapped the controversial Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) following protests last week.
The protesters in their numbers brought a halt to the commercial activity of the toll gate.
They continued to chant ‘End SARS’ with many carrying placards with ‘stop the killing, end SARS, stop police brutality.
Motorists were diverted to an alternative road to gain access into Lekki town after hours in traffic gridlock.
IgbereTV reports that Lagos State governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu later was at the place of protest to speak with the protesters but was booed off.
See video below.
In the company of the deputy governor Obafemi Hamzat and other cabinet members, Sanwo-Olu said the voices of the youths have already been heard.
“You have spoken well and loud. One of the things we have said is that we need to do a full police reform.”
The governor assured the youths that the government was planning on compensating families of persons who have been killed by trigger-happy police personnel.
While Sanwo-Olu reeled out the names of the victims, stating the government plans, the protester chanted songs to boo the governor.
Sanwo-Olu also highlighted more on the demands of the Youths and promised to take them back to Abuja when he sees Nigeria President Muhammadu Buhari.
Buhari on Monday assured Nigerians that police personnel found culpable of misconduct will be prosecuted.
The president said the dissolution of the Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) of the police is the first step in the reform of the Nigeria Police.
- Man Utd vs Chelsea: Cavani in line to make EPL debutOctober 24, 2020Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has said new striker Edinson Cavani has been “very meticulous” in training and could make his debut ...[Read more]
- Actor Alex Ekubo Says Lekki Toll Plaza, Should Be Renamed Lekki Memorial In Memory Of Our Fallen ComradesOctober 24, 2020In the wake of the anarchy that went before a Peaceful protest that required an end to police brutality and saw some youthful Nigerian’s die, ...[Read more]
- Actress Doris Ogala Accuses Uche Elendu Of Lying That Her Store Was LootedOctober 24, 2020Nigerian actress, Doris Ogala has accused her fellow actress Uche Elendu for lying that her store was plundered, following the mayhem from hooligans ...[Read more]
- Shehu Sani Begs hoodlums To Bring Back Oba Of Lagos’s StaffOctober 23, 2020Human right activist, Shehu Sani has begged whoever is in the position of the staff and shoe of the Oba of Lagos. Not too long ago, hoodlums broke ...[Read more]
- 69 People Lost Their Lives In The #EndSARS Protest – BuhariOctober 23, 2020Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari has revealed that 69 people lost their lives in the #EndSARS protest in the nation. As per the BBC, ...[Read more]
- Presidency Finally Reveals Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Toll Gate ShootingOctober 23, 2020The Presidency has revealed why President Buhari didn’t address Nigerians with respect to the Lekki toll gate shooting, during his speech ...[Read more]
- Liverpool Vs. Sheffield United: How Klopp’s side could line-up for EPL clashOctober 23, 2020Liverpool will play host to Sheffield United this weekend as they hope to return to winning ways in the Premier League. The English Champions have ...[Read more]
- Manchester United Vs Chelsea: How Red Devils could line-up against Frank Lampard sideIn SportsOctober 23, 2020Manchester United will be looking to maintain the momentum owing to their Champions League victory against French side Paris Saint-Germain at the ...[Read more]
- Man Utd vs Chelsea: Pogba warned over new contractIn SportsOctober 23, 2020Manchester United have informed Paul Pogba they have no desire to entice him to remain at the club with a bumper new contract, ESPN reports. Pogba ...[Read more]
- Lagos State Deputy Governor, Obafemi Hamzat reveals what actually happened in Lagos protestOctober 23, 2020Lagos State Deputy Governor, Obafemi Hamzat has revealed that genuine protesters were peaceful throughout the End SARS protest which took place ...[Read more]