The leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, has been re-arrested and brought back to Nigeria to face his trial, Nigeria’s Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, has said.
At a joint press briefing on Tuesday with the State Security Service (SSS) in Abuja, Mr Malami disclosed that international collaborative efforts with security agencies led to Mr Kanu’s arrest and repatriation to Nigeria.
Mr Kanu and his co-defendant are facing treasonable felony charges at the Federal High Court in Abuja.
Mr Kanu fled the country in September 2017 after an invasion of his home by the military in Afara-Ukwu, near Umuahia, Abia State.
The Nigerian government obtained a court order on September 20, 2017, to designate IPOB a terrorist group and to proscribe it.
- Biafra: Nnmadi Kanu is drowning, creating confusion – Ralph Uwazuruike
- Davido allegedly welcomes another baby boy with a London-based makeup artist – Meet Davido’s New BabyMama, Larissa London (PICS)
- Orji Kalu Seeks Buhari’s Permission To Visit Nnamdi Kanu In London
- Reno Omokri Set To Lead A Protest To Harass Buhari From London Back To Nigeria Tomorrow – Video
- Horse racing brings healing, hope back to New York sports world
- ‘Beavis and Butt-Head’: Everything You Need to Know Before Mike Judge Brings Them Back on Comedy Central
- Cowboys comeback brings back ugly Falcons memories
- Portugal brings back some coronavirus lockdown measures in Lisbon
- Google brings dinosaurs back to life… through new augmented reality feature — Newzandar
- Yoenis Cespedes’ golf sighting brings back old controversy