The Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, AYCF, on Tuesday, reacted to the rearrest of Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB.
AYCF National President, Yerima Shettima said the Nigerian government and court should ensure that Kanu whom he referred to as a “common criminal” should face the “music” of his actions.
Buhari arrests Nnmadi kanu in London, brings him back to Nigeria (photos)
Speaking with Newzandar News, Shettima said Kanu’s rearrest was long overdue.
He commended the Nigerian government and security agents for rearresting the IPOB leader.
Shettima said “Finally Nnamdi Kanu has been brought back home. We must commend the Nigerian government, Interpol for its wonderful work.
Update: Court remands Nnamdi Kanu in DSS Custody
“They have demonstrated that it’s a matter of time, though long overdue at least, it’s better late than never.
“Finally, he has to face the music probably, and I’m sure this will serve as a lesson to our brothers in the Southeast that never against should they fold their hands and allow a common criminal to be talking as if he speaks for them out of fear.”
The AYCF National President also urged the Southeast never to allow people like Kanu to speak for them again.
Breaking: FG Arrests IPOB Leader, ‘Nnamdi Kanu’
“I’m sure the judiciary would do the needful and ensure he faces the proper music so that at the end of the day it will serve as a deterrent to the like of him that may want to think or behave the way this mad man has done over time,” he said.
- Family Of IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Speaks On His Rearrest By Nigerian Government
- IPOB Clears The Air On Report Linking Nnamdi Kanu’s Rearrest To Wike, Ifeanyi Uba
- Nnamdi Kanu’s Rearrest: Nigerians Now Understand Why Buhari Postponed UK Trip – Joe Igbokwe Rejoices
- Biafra: Asari Dokubo linked to Nnamdi Kanu’s rearrest by Buhari govt
- British High Commission ‘in talks’ with FG over Nnamdi Kanu’s rearrest
- Nnamdi Kanu’s rearrest: Nigeria sitting on time bomb – Biafra group dares Buhari
- Nnamdi Kanu speaks after rearrest, says he had to run for his safety
- Nnamdi Kanu Is Sending Youths To Early Graves, Igbo Group Asks Britain To Investigate IPOB Leader
- Nnamdi Kanu Is Sending Youths To Early Graves- Igbo Group Urges Britain To Investigate IPOB Leader
- Arrest Of IPOB Leader, Kanu Will Teach My South-East Brothers A Lesson— President, Arewa Youth Forum