A video shared online shows the moment Numerous members and allies of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Wednesday, have marched out en masse at Igweoacha, Port Harcourt, the Rivers state capital, to challenge the capture and detainment of their leader, Nnamdi Kanu.
In the video, The crowd is seen marching, chanting, and waving Biafra flags on the road while some are on motorcycles and buses.
One of the protesters filming the incident said, “This is Igweocha in Port Harcourt. This is Biafra land. For Buhari to tamper with Nnamdi Kanu, he’s finished. We are going there.”
Nnamdi Kanu’s arrest: It’s All Over — Joe Igbokwe Says As He Praises God
The irate mob who flooded one lane of the road also caused traffic congestion on the other lane.
Kanu, the IPOB leader was arrested in Kenya and extradited to Nigeria on Sunday night.
He was arraigned blindfolded, handcuffed and chained, at a Federal High Court in Abuja on Tuesday, before Justice Binta Nyako who ruled that he should be kept in the custody of the Department of State Services till the next hearing on July 26.
Kanu’s arrest has sparked many reactions from individuals and organisations, and also caught the attention of the international community.
- Biafra: Nnamdi Kanus should rethink, Special offer await you – Orji Kalu
- Biafra: 10 more Nnamdi Kanus will arise – Omokri dares Buhari
- Shehu Sani suggests ways of defeating supporters of Nnamdi Kanu’s IPOB
- IPOB: Shehu Sani reveals only way to defeat Nnamdi Kanu’s supporters
- Pro-Buhari Supporters Get Booed By Anti-Buhari Supporters At Abuja House In London (Video)
- Nnamdi Kanu orders IPOB to Kill security agents as Ohanaeze begs IPOB to resist taking up arms
- IPOB Asks Members To Boycott Kenyan Airlines, Others Over Country’s Involvement In Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu
- IPOB asks members to boycott Kenyan airlines over involvement in Nnamdi Kanu’s arrest, extradition
- Nigerian Army, police storm Enugu church, arrest members over allegations of being IPOB members (Video)
- DSS, IPOB CLASH: Stop your security operatives from attacking IPOB members – Fani Kayode tells Buhari