Patience Ozokwor, born 14 September 1958, is a Nigerian musician, fashion designer, gospel singer and actress.
She won the Best Supporting Actress 2012 & 2013 award at the 10th Africa Movie Academy Awards . Ozokwor was among 100 Nigerians honoured by the government to celebrate the amalgamation of the northern and southern protectorates in 2014.
Ozokwor was born in the village of Amaobo, Ngwo in present-day Enugu State, Nigeria , and attended Abimbola Gibson Memorial School in
Ozokwor had a passion for acting since she was at primary school, where she would act in different stage plays. She later attended Institute of management and technology Enugu, where she obtained a degree in fine and applied arts. Before starting as an actress, she was already a star before acting and first made it into radio drama.
She took part in a soap opera by the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) titled
Someone Cares . She was married at age 19 and has three biological children and five adopted ones who all bear her name. She lost her husband in the year 2000. She expressed her life’s biggest regret as not being able to marry the man of her choice, and also her children preventing her from remarrying after she lost her husband.
- Jet exec busted in NYC sex trafficking probe was known pedophile, neighbors claimIn USADecember 6, 2020Neighbors of the convicted sex offender who was arrested in the Bronx Thursday say he was a known pedophile and alleged they regularly saw him ...[Read more]
- US Marshal released from hospital after Bronx gun battleIn USADecember 6, 2020A deputy U.S. Marshals shot during a gun battle in the Bronx received a hero’s welcome Saturday as he was released from the hospital. Dozens of ...[Read more]
- Namibia auctioning off 170 ‘high value’ wild elephantsIn LifestyleDecember 6, 2020Who wants their very own elephant? The southwest African country of Namibia will be auctioning off 170 “high value” ...[Read more]
- Creepy characters sought in gunpoint robbery in NYCIn USADecember 6, 2020These were no trick-or-treaters. Cops are looking for help in identifying five creepy characters who pulled a gunpoint robbery in Brooklyn the ...[Read more]
- 3 Years After Flavour Adopted A Blind Boy, Check Out his New PhotosIn Celebrity NewsDecember 5, 2020Popular Nigerian artiste, Flavour, three years ago, showed love for a young blind boy called Semah G. Flavour adopted the young to be fathered by ...[Read more]
- NYC COVID-19 numbers still rising in ‘cluster zones,’ positive rate dips statewide: CuomoIn USADecember 5, 2020The statewide COVID-19 positivity rate has fallen slightly, but infection rates are still rising in Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and Staten Island, ...[Read more]
- ‘Autonomous zone’ NYC bar is making big bucks on GoFundMeIn USADecember 5, 2020Staten Island’s self-proclaimed “Autonomous Zone” bar can’t legally open its doors to customers, but the joint is still managing to clean up. A ...[Read more]
- Queens man burned by dry ice on Air France flight: lawsuitIn USADecember 5, 2020That’s a knee-jerk reaction. A Queens man says he was seriously hurt after an airplane beverage cart smashed him in the knee, and an Air France ...[Read more]
- Alexandra Botez is taking the chess world by storm—live on TwitchIn LifestyleDecember 5, 2020Good chess players are master strategists and problem solvers. Alexandra Botez has one more unlikely skill in her arsenal: insults. “My dad is a ...[Read more]
- Democratic NYC mayoral candidate suggests housing homeless in Daily News officesIn USADecember 5, 2020One Democratic mayoral hopeful has a novel idea for easing the city’s homeless crisis — housing them in the vacated offices of the Daily News. ...[Read more]