Ngozi Ezeonu (born Ngozi Ikpelue , May 23 1965) is a Nigerian actress and former journalist, notable for playing maternal characters in
Nollywood movies. In 2012, she starred in Adesuwa , a role that earned her the Best Supporting Actress nomination at the 8th Africa Movie Academy Awards .
Ogbunike-native Ezeonu, was born in Owerri to Dennis and Ezenwanyi Ikpelue. Prior to finding fame as an actress, she studied Journalism at the Nigerian Institute of Journalism and worked for Radio Lagos and Eko FM .
Best known for reprisal of maternal roles, Ezeonu was originally cast as young single characters at the start of her career. In 1993, veteran film director Zeb Ejiro offered Ezeonu a supporting role as Nkechi, the antagonist’s best friend in the Igbo blockbuster Nneka The Pretty Serpent . This was followed by her role in 1994’s
Glamour Girls as Thelma, a high society woman making a living as a courtesan.
She has featured in more than 150 Nollywood films. Among them:
The Pretty Serpent
Tears of a Prince
Cry of a Virgin
Abuja Top Ladies
Bedevil// Directed by Mayor Ofoegbu
- Namibia auctioning off 170 ‘high value’ wild elephantsIn LifestyleDecember 6, 2020Who wants their very own elephant? The southwest African country of Namibia will be auctioning off 170 “high value” ...[Read more]
- Creepy characters sought in gunpoint robbery in NYCIn USADecember 6, 2020These were no trick-or-treaters. Cops are looking for help in identifying five creepy characters who pulled a gunpoint robbery in Brooklyn the ...[Read more]
- 3 Years After Flavour Adopted A Blind Boy, Check Out his New PhotosIn Celebrity NewsDecember 5, 2020Popular Nigerian artiste, Flavour, three years ago, showed love for a young blind boy called Semah G. Flavour adopted the young to be fathered by ...[Read more]
- NYC COVID-19 numbers still rising in ‘cluster zones,’ positive rate dips statewide: CuomoIn USADecember 5, 2020The statewide COVID-19 positivity rate has fallen slightly, but infection rates are still rising in Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and Staten Island, ...[Read more]
- ‘Autonomous zone’ NYC bar is making big bucks on GoFundMeIn USADecember 5, 2020Staten Island’s self-proclaimed “Autonomous Zone” bar can’t legally open its doors to customers, but the joint is still managing to clean up. A ...[Read more]
- Queens man burned by dry ice on Air France flight: lawsuitIn USADecember 5, 2020That’s a knee-jerk reaction. A Queens man says he was seriously hurt after an airplane beverage cart smashed him in the knee, and an Air France ...[Read more]
- Alexandra Botez is taking the chess world by storm—live on TwitchIn LifestyleDecember 5, 2020Good chess players are master strategists and problem solvers. Alexandra Botez has one more unlikely skill in her arsenal: insults. “My dad is a ...[Read more]
- Democratic NYC mayoral candidate suggests housing homeless in Daily News officesIn USADecember 5, 2020One Democratic mayoral hopeful has a novel idea for easing the city’s homeless crisis — housing them in the vacated offices of the Daily News. ...[Read more]
- Meet Lindsay Ijeoma, The Lady With The Longest Natural Hair In NigeriaIn Nigeria NewsDecember 5, 2020Lindsay Ijeoma Chris is the woman who is believed to have the longest common hair in Nigeria so far. You will be marvelled at the length, thickness ...[Read more]
- Inside John Lennon’s last days in NYC before his 1980 deathIn LifestyleDecember 5, 2020John Lennon’s new Yohji Yamamoto jacket was gorgeous. So much so that he wanted to be photographed in his luxurious garment — with gold Asian ...[Read more]