The bank’s Company Secretary, Mr Babatunde Osibodu, announced the appointment in a statement in Lagos.
Osibodu said the development was coming on the heels of the recent appointment of, Mr Innocent Ike, as the Acting Managing Director of the Bank.
He said that Opeke, until the appointment, was the Directorate Head, Lagos Business.
“Opeke has over 25 years of hands-on work experience acquired from leading Nigerian commercial banks with over 15 of these years in Senior and Executive Management roles.
“The Lagos Directorate under his leadership recorded outstanding growth and contributed significantly to the turnaround of the bank, evidenced by its impressive financial performance recorded in the 2019 financial year.
“By this appointment, he is expected to strengthen the bank’s leadership aspirations in the banking industry leveraging his wealth of experience and contributing greatly to its ongoing corporate transformation programme,” he said.
Osibodu said Opeke had occupied strategic roles in various institutions including FSB International Bank, Prudent Bank and Chartered Bank where he started his banking career.
“Following the emergence of Skye Bank in 2006, Segun worked as the Bank’s Treasurer and Regional Director for Victoria Island and Ikoyi.
“He was also the Group Head for Corporate Banking, Aviation and Maritime Group at various times.
“As a member of the Bank’s Executive Committee, he has remained a strong asset for the institution making insightful contributions and bringing real value on board,” Osibodu added.
He said that Opeke’s appointment as Executive Director, Lagos Business, would further strengthen the management and board in actualising the bank’s leadership aspirations.
“Opeke holds a BSc. (Banking and Finance) and an MBA from the University of Lagos.
“He is an alumnus of the Columbia Business School, New York.
“He has attended several professional, management and leadership programmes in world-class institutions including INSEAD and Euromoney, London.
“Opeke is credited with making immense contributions in change management, corporate finance/restructuring and digital transformation.
“Polaris Bank is a future-determining bank committed to delivering industry-defining products, and services, across all sectors of the Nigerian economy,” Osibodu added. (NAN)
- ENDSARS: Nigerians In Paris Stage Their Protest In Solidarity With Those At Home (+Photos)October 25, 2020The protest to see a conclusion to police brutalities looks positive and unabated in spite of the administration intrigues. So as to end it at home, ...[Read more]
- See Gorgeous Photos From Ex-BBNaija Housemate, Tolanibaj’s BirthdayOctober 25, 2020Previous Big Brother Naija housemate, Tolanibaj turned 27 5 days prior and denoted her birthday at a private gathering. Tragically, she was unable to ...[Read more]
- Fearless Ibrah Says Kennedy Agyapong Will Go Mad Or Commit Suicide Before 10th JanuaryOctober 25, 2020Ghanaian mogul Ibrahim Dauda prevalently known as Ibrah One is attempting to place himself into inconvenience again as he has begun another battle he ...[Read more]
- Bobrisky Says He Is Done With Makeup (+Photo)October 25, 2020Well known Nigerian crossdresser Bobrisky has guaranteed his fans to avoid cosmetics and serve them with his natural beauty. As per Bobrisky, he will ...[Read more]
- Man Calls Out Comedian Ebiye For Selling A Benz He Purchased From HimOctober 25, 2020A man @MrPsalms on Twitter, has accused Comedian Ebiye of selling the Benz he purchased from him using a loan and losing the cash to forex exchanging ...[Read more]
- Niger Delta militants roll out 11-point demandOctober 25, 2020WARRI-MILITANT groups from the nine conditions of the Niger Delta district, which pledged to continue threats, last Monday on the side of #EndSARS ...[Read more]
- Billionaire Business man, Femi Otedola Joins #ENDSARS ProtestOctober 25, 2020Business man, Femi Otedola has said that he is disheartened by the revulsions that have been unfurling in Nigeria. Otedola who made this known ...[Read more]
- Lawmaker SOB Agunbiade Reacts To The Inversion Of His Habitation By hoodlums, Who Trucked Away COVID-19 PalliativesOctober 25, 2020Leader of Lagos State House of Assembly, Sanai Agunbiade aka SOB, has responded to the inversion of his habitation by hoodlums, who trucked away ...[Read more]
- Singer Rudeboy lambast Nigerian leaders for hiding COVID-19 palliatives, Says The are Poor mentallyOctober 25, 2020Singer Paul Okoye (Rudeboy) has hammered Nigerian leaders following the revelation of concealed COVID-19 palliatives. After the peaceful protest was ...[Read more]
- Nollywood Actress Regina Daniels Shows Her Dancing Skills In A VideoOctober 25, 2020Ned Nwoko’s sixth spouse Regina Daniels has taken to online media to give her dancing skills to her fans. In a new video sighted on the ...[Read more]