Olufemi told News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday in Jos that the project when completed would give the airport a facelift and attract more airlines and passengers to it.
He said that the contractors handling the work had returned to the site after the lockdown necessitated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
He said that the renovation work included paintings, roofing, tiling and provision of additional facilities.
The manager said that facilities such as conveyor belt, sensor taps, soap dispensers and hand dryers would be installed, adding that it was necessary to ensure a reliable system for social distancing amid the Coronavirus pandemic.
“We have installed sensor taps, hand dryers and sanitisers in all the toilets, already, but the conveyor belt will be installed soon, ” he said.
We have also marked the floor to ensure social distancing to maintain up to two-meter space between passengers,” he said.
Olufemi said that the recent signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Plateau Government and MaxAir for commercial flight operations between Jos and Abuja would give passengers a faster and easier connection and further open up the airport.
He, therefore, advised passengers to comply with all safety measures and help to maintain the facilities made available.
- Davido advises protesters from burning down police stations, burning buses and looting shopsOctober 25, 2020CEO of DMW Davido has taken to social media to condemn protesters burning down police stations, burning buses and looting shops. According to Davido, ...[Read more]
- See what Nengi told her fansOctober 25, 2020Former BBNaija housemate Nengi has admonished her fans to desist from insulting people on her behalf. Nengi According to her, they should rather show ...[Read more]
- See what is going on between BBNaija Prince and EricaOctober 25, 2020Former Big Brother Naija Housemates, Prince and Erica have got fans talking after a photo of the two from a video call hit the internet. ...[Read more]
- ENDSARS: Nigerians In Paris Stage Their Protest In Solidarity With Those At Home (+Photos)October 25, 2020The protest to see a conclusion to police brutalities looks positive and unabated in spite of the administration intrigues. So as to end it at home, ...[Read more]
- See Gorgeous Photos From Ex-BBNaija Housemate, Tolanibaj’s BirthdayOctober 25, 2020Previous Big Brother Naija housemate, Tolanibaj turned 27 5 days prior and denoted her birthday at a private gathering. Tragically, she was unable to ...[Read more]
- Fearless Ibrah Says Kennedy Agyapong Will Go Mad Or Commit Suicide Before 10th JanuaryOctober 25, 2020Ghanaian mogul Ibrahim Dauda prevalently known as Ibrah One is attempting to place himself into inconvenience again as he has begun another battle he ...[Read more]
- Bobrisky Says He Is Done With Makeup (+Photo)October 25, 2020Well known Nigerian crossdresser Bobrisky has guaranteed his fans to avoid cosmetics and serve them with his natural beauty. As per Bobrisky, he will ...[Read more]
- Man Calls Out Comedian Ebiye For Selling A Benz He Purchased From HimOctober 25, 2020A man @MrPsalms on Twitter, has accused Comedian Ebiye of selling the Benz he purchased from him using a loan and losing the cash to forex exchanging ...[Read more]
- Niger Delta militants roll out 11-point demandOctober 25, 2020WARRI-MILITANT groups from the nine conditions of the Niger Delta district, which pledged to continue threats, last Monday on the side of #EndSARS ...[Read more]
- Billionaire Business man, Femi Otedola Joins #ENDSARS ProtestOctober 25, 2020Business man, Femi Otedola has said that he is disheartened by the revulsions that have been unfurling in Nigeria. Otedola who made this known ...[Read more]