Nigerian Hollywood movie star, David Oyelowo, expresses his grief at his father, Stephen Oyelowo’s passing.
He announced the sad news on his Instagram page, where he shared that his father had passed on within the week after a long battle with Colon dance. His post reads,
“It is with a heavy heart that I bring the news of the passing of my BELOVED father. My brothers and I knew him as our protector, guardian, hero, encourager and our lovely Daddy.
You probably knew him as @the_leaf_blower, because of his hilarious antics with that very noisy device! You wouldn’t know it, but my dad had been in a years long battle with colon cancer. My heart is at peace now because his pain is now over and the real victory has been won because I know he is now with his Lord and saviour, Jesus Christ.
He fought of hard to stick around for me, my brothers and his grandchildren. He would often say to me. “GOD has so much in store for you and I want to be here to see it.”
My last conversation with my Dad, as he fought through the pain, went like this.
ME: Daddy I love you and it’s okay to let go. Are you ready to go be with mummy now?
MY DAD: Yes!
He passed away peacefully this week and I truly believe he is now reunited with my mum in heaven, and although I will never get over losing him, my heart is full at the thought of him with my mother again. He loved her so much.
Thank you to all who loved him, “followed” him and celebrated this most transcendent of human beings. He loved you all. Giving love was his special gift, his true talent, his greatest example. Rest well Daddy.”
- Nigerian-British actor, David Oyelowo loses Father to Colon Cancer
- Actor David Oyelowo loses dad to colon cancer
- David Oyelowo’s Father Dies After Battle With Colon Cancer
- David Oyelowo says ‘Selma’ lost Oscars because of an Eric Garner protest
- Protests outside Academy HQ after David Oyelowo calls out ‘Selma’ Oscar snub
- David Oyelowo opens up on how ‘Selma’ lost Oscars because of Eric Garner protest
- ‘Selma’ Was Snubbed for Oscars Due to Cast’s Police Brutality Protest, Per Ava DuVernay and David Oyelowo
- David Oyelowo Says He’s Spent ‘So Much’ Time Crying Over George Floyd – Newzandar
- Americans urged to get colon cancer screening earlier
- Orioles star Trey Mancini reveals colon cancer diagnosis