Nigerian-American actor, Oladayo A. Okeniyi, is known in showbiz circles as Dayo Okeniyi is of Nigerian and Kenyan ancestry.
Dayo was born June 14, 1988, to a Nigerian father and Kenyan mother. In 2003, he is the youngest of five siblings. He grew up in Lagos, Nigeria and in 2003, his family relocated to the United States. His father is a retired customs officer from Nigeria, and his mother a literature teacher.
Oladayo. A. Okeniyi. Dayo means wealth in the form of joy, while Okeniyi means sent from heaven. His full name, therefore, means our wealth from heaven is in the form of joy. He earned a bachelor’s degree in visual communications at Anderson University (Indiana) in 2009. He became popular for playing the role of Thresh in The Hunger Games and Danny Dyson in Terminator Genisys (2015).
Prior to being cast in The Hunger Games, Okeniyi worked in local theatre and in film shorts. In 2014, Okeniyi starred in the drama film Endless Love and starred in the NBC series Shades of Blue. Dayo was nominated in 2014for a Shockfest Film Festival, US award (Best of Fest Award) under the Best Actor category for his role in Slew Hampshire (2013). He is also the co-founder of Positive Vibes Only, a lifestyle company that promotes mental health awareness and positive vibes via culturally curated experiences. According to Super Stars Bio, the actor’s net worth is estimated at $3 million. However, Dayo keeps his love-life a secret.
- President Muhammadu Buhari to address the House of Representatives on insecurity in NigeriaIn Boko HaramDecember 2, 2020President Muhammadu Buhari will address the House of Representatives on insecurity in Nigeria. The Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila made the confirmation ...[Read more]
- Netizens Mock Juliet Ibrahim After Iceberg Slim Flaunted His New GirlfriendIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Social media users have reacted to Juliet Ibrahim’s former boyfriend, Iceberg Slim, flaunted his new girlfriend on social media. Three years ago, the ...[Read more]
- Man slashed in the face in UWS subway stationIn USADecember 2, 2020A man was slashed in the face by a stranger in a Manhattan subway station on Wednesday afternoon, cops said. The 31-year-old was on the platform of ...[Read more]
- Mysterious ‘explosion’ from meteor rattles upstate New YorkIn USADecember 2, 2020A mysterious “explosion” rocked large swaths of Upstate New York on Wednesday, shaking homes, rattling windows — and confusing a lot of people. ...[Read more]
- God will punish any man who pampers his woman while his mother suffers – Duncan MightyIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Nigerian star, Duncan Mighty, has unleashed his venom on men who see their girlfriends as their most prized possession. – Advertisement – ...[Read more]
- De Blasio unsure how many schools will reopen full-timeIn USADecember 2, 2020Mayor Bill de Blasio has tantalized city parents with visions of a return to full-time schooling — but admitted Wednesday that he doesn’t know when ...[Read more]
- Oby Ezekwesili Calls For Physical & Mental Check Up Of President Buhari Over Increase In Nigeria’s InsecurityIn Boko Haram, Nigeria NewsDecember 2, 2020Former Minister of Education and presidential aspirant, Oby Ezekwesili has taken to social media to call for public disclosure of President Muhammadu ...[Read more]
- Cops believe they’ve found missing Staten Island doctorIn USADecember 2, 2020After weeks of searching, police believe they have located the body of a missing doctor in a Staten Island park, The Post has learned. Tamara Saukin, ...[Read more]
- Boko Haram Leader, Shekau Discloses Number Of Farmers Killed In Borno Farm & Reason For Their Horrific AttackIn Boko Haram, Nigeria NewsDecember 2, 2020Abubakar Shekau, the leader of the dreaded Islamic terrorist sect, Boko Haram has come out to admit to the recent killing of the rice farmers, whiles ...[Read more]
- NYC mayoral candidate Ray McGuire didn’t vote in key electionsIn USADecember 2, 2020Newly announced Democrat mayoral candidate Ray McGuire has a history of failing to vote in elections, including for the City Hall office he’s ...[Read more]