Novelist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie took to her Instagram page to mourn her mother’s death that occurred on her late father’s birthday.
In the post she wrote, she narrated the events that surrounded her death as she disclosed to be heartbroken twice.
Adichie revealed that her mother was unwell but after visiting the hospital, she became better. Afterward, the doctor sent an update that she’s fine, only for her to be transferred to the teaching hospital.
“Two hours after she arrived at the teaching hospital, she died. It was March 1st. My father’s birthday. We were planning for my father’s iyipu-akwa, to mark the end of a formal mourning period, and now I cannot believe we are planning another funeral. Again.”
She further revealed that the mother died during the formal mourning period of her father.
“We were planning for my father’s Iyipu-akwa, to mark the end of the formal mourning period, and now I cannot believe we are planning a funeral again.”
Swipe to read her full note;
- Chimamanda Adichie Breaks Down As She Mourns Her Mother’s Death With Heartbreaking Photos
- Novelist, Chimamanda Adichie’s Father, Prof. J.N Adichie Is Dead
- “My Heart is Broken” – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Mourns Her Late Father
- “How Does A Heart Break Twice” – Chimamanda Adichie Mourns Her Mother
- ‘Abomination Happened To Us But We Will Keep Celebrating Life’ – Chimamanda Adichie’s Brother Says After The Death Of Their Mother
- “Abomination happened to us but we will keep celebrating life” – Chimamanda Adichie’s brother speaks on their mother’s death 8 months after losing father
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie pens heartfelt words and clips of her and her father to mourn him (video)
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Buries Her Mum [PHOTOS]
- Chimamanda Adichie loses her Father
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie hails her daughter in Igbo and she responds in adorable video