American-born Nigerian musician, Davido, known in real life as David Adedeji Adeleke, turns 28 years today, November 21, 2020.
Davido shot into the music limelight with 2011 with his song, Dami Duro.
At 28, Davido has amassed a fortune for himself and as part of the birthday celebration, we would like to take you some notable achievements of O.B.O.(Omo Baba Olowo).
Davido’s Awards and Records
Since he got into the music limelight, Davido has won several awards, including Musician Of The Year (Male) organized by City People Entertainment Awards, from 2012 to 2018, O.B.O has won 8 awards – Artiste of the year, Song of the year, Best Pop single amongst others
The Afropop artist’s smash hit “Fall” broke the record in 2017 as the longest-charting Nigerian pop song in Billboard history.
In 2017, Davido won the Best African Act at the MOBO Awards and also became the first African act to perform live at the MOBO awards since its inception in 1996.
On June 24, 2018, Davido became the first African-based artist to have received his award on the BET Awards main stage.
Fans of Davido, have their fingers crossed as they wait for the AFRIMA 2019, with which Davido has been nominated for three categories – Artist of the Year, Best Male West Africa and Crossing Boundaries with Music Award.
The Afropop star in 2016, established his own record label called Davido Music Worldwide (DMW). The label has signed on artistes such as Dremo, Perruzi, Mayorkun, Idowest, to name a few.
He owns a mansion in Lekki worth N140 million and another in Atalanta, US. When it comes to cars, the musician has a collection, including a Porsche Carrera, a Bentley Bentayga, a Range Rover Sport, a Toyota Land Cruiser, and a Chevrolet Camaro GS, among others.
According to rating agencies, singer, songwriter, stage performer, Entertainer and a recording artist, Davido’s net worth of $26 million as of 2019.
Davido In Pictures
As of the time of writing this article, Davido has a whopping 8.4 million followers on Twitter, 18.8 million followers on Instagram and over 2 million subscribers on YouTube.
Davido has to his credit four albums; Omo Baba Olowo (2012), Son of Mercy (2016), A Good Time (2019) and A Better Time (2020).
Davido has built an international career on songs about love and lust that have jointly amassed more than a billion streams globally and all and sundry anticipate his latest album ‘A Better Time’ won’t be different in terms of getting more streams.
Notable artists featured on the latest album are Nicki Minaj, Chris Brown, Young Thug, Nas, Lil Baby, and Hitboy, African stars like Sauti Sol, Mugeez and Sho Madjozi also got featured.
It’s worth noting that Davido’s latest Album had 100 million streams on YouTube, Spotify, Boomplay, audiomack and apple music in just three days after releasing on November 13, 2020.
- “I Love You Die” – Ebuka Obi Uchendu Gushes Over Wife As She Celebrates Her BirthdayIn Celebrity NewsNovember 28, 2020TV Personality, Ebuka Obi Uchendu, has penned down a heartwarming message to celebrate his wife Just Cynthia as she turns a year older. In a post ...[Read more]
- Famous Nigerians With Bipolar DisorderIn Celebrity NewsNovember 28, 2020Owing to the lifestyle of luxury displayed on social media, a lot of people tend to believe that celebrities have everything going for them and that ...[Read more]
- My Album Is The Best Album That Dropped In 2020 – Singer L.A.X AssertsIn Celebrity NewsNovember 28, 2020As the battle for supremacy of albums seems to be unending, popular Nigerian Afropop singer, Damilola Afolabi, known in the showbiz industry as L.A.X ...[Read more]
- “I Am Eager To See What You Would Look Like At 50” – Lady Tells Regina Daiels For Claiming She Is Forever 16 In New PhotosIn Celebrity NewsNovember 28, 2020A Nigerian lady said she is eager to see how Regina Daniels will look like at age 50. This comes after the young Nollywood actress and mother of one ...[Read more]
- How Toyin Abraham And Others Stepped Out For The Burial Ceremony Of Iyabo Ojo’s Mother (VIDEO)In Celebrity NewsNovember 28, 2020Nollywood actresses, Iyabo Ojo, has finally buried her late mother Victoria Olubunmi Fetuga and held a memorable funeral to say goodbye to her. ...[Read more]
- New York’s COVID-19 positivity rate nears 4 percentIn USANovember 28, 2020New York’s statewide coronavirus positivity rate has inched close to 4 percent. The overall rate, including virus hotspots, was 3.98 percent Friday ...[Read more]
- VP Osinbajo Sends Delegates to Young Man After He offered To Be His Personal Shoemaker (Photos+Video)In Celebrity NewsNovember 28, 2020Vice President of Nigeria, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo on Thursday surprised a young entrepreneur after he sent his aides to meet him following the young ...[Read more]
- NYC drops from top 10 most expensive US zip codes for the first timeIn USANovember 28, 2020New York has 20 of the 100 priciest ZIP codes in the nation, but for the first time the city doesn’t have a single one in the Top 10. Tribeca’s 10007 ...[Read more]
- I Have A Covenant With Pregnant Women – Socialite Pretty Mike Explains Why He Stormed Williams Uchemba’s Wedding With Six Pregnant WomenIn Celebrity NewsNovember 28, 2020Controversial Nigerian socialite, Pretty Mike, has opened up about the fact that he has a covenant with pregnant women which is to see them liberated ...[Read more]
- “Be Wary Of Who You Open Up To” — D’banj’s Wife, Lineo AdvisesIn Celebrity NewsNovember 28, 2020Lineo Didi Kilgrow, the wife of celebrated Nigerian singer, D’banj has taken to social media to dish out of a piece of valuable advice to her fans ...[Read more]