Home News & Events Hushpuppi, Bandits’ Cash Out, Road To Bae And Other Top Stories Of…
1. Ace juju singer Shina Peters was caught up in some paternity and child abandonment scandal during the week and had a lot of trolls dragging him and his stepdaughter, actress Mide Martins. The entertainer, however, came out to react to the story, noting that he is a Godly man who has conscience and cannot abandon his own son.
2. Just as Shina Peters and Mide’s trolls were putting their mouths in their original shapes and places, international Nigerian big boy Hushpuppi was named in another scam. The United States Department of Justice released the fresh facts, saying he was involved in a North Korean-perpetrated cyber-enabled heist from a Maltese bank in February 2019. Many could not help but imagine if he would ever get out of these cases as afresh one keeps showing up upon the multiples he has.3. The last week’s edition of the KOKO’s Weekly Magazine is curious as to if there is a future in the war between the Nigerian Government and its Youths, and one key thing hammered on is the youths are only fighting in vain if they do not set up a dialogue with the Government like the bandits are ready to. Celebrity keypad warriors who never stepped on the streets for the protests, how to look young and stay youthful and many more are some of the contents you will find in the edition. Ensure you treat yourself to the magazine and give your comments… Read here.
4. Nigerians were set ablaze during the weekend as rumours had it that the Federal Government gave some bandits 800m to bandits in order to secure the release of Kagara students and their pupils who were abducted last Wednesday. The reactions were as wild as the social media space through which Nigerians gave their reactions, and despite the FG debunked the rumour, 800m still continued to trend.
5. Another top story that got Nigerians rolling on the floor is the rumour that Benin Republic is set to become Nigeria’s 37th State. The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, was said to have said the President of Benin Republic, Patrice Talon, expressed readiness for his country to be part of Nigeria. Not only was this a laughable statement to Nigerians but they dragged Niger Republic into the matter, saying the neighbouring state is already Nigeria’s 37th as the President keeps extending projects to the sate.
6. Nigeria is still finding a headway to its insecurity issues, especially the herders and farmers clashes, and the Governors of the South-western region have unanimously pitched their tents with the NEC on forests management. They agreed at a security meeting in the Oyo State Government House in Ibadan that every State across the country should manage its forests to avoid the inflow of foreign herdsmen. “We believe that all the states should be in a position to manage their forests and that will give enough room to determine who and who are there, what purpose are they serving, and where you have people there illegally, the state should be able to take some steps, so that we can preserve our forests”, Akeredolu, the Forum Chair said.6. Meanwhile, the Nigerian 7. Army overrun a farm allegedly owned by Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau. The farm located in Sambisa forest was said to have been captured, just as the military troops successfully repelled ISWAP terrorists who attacked Dikwa town on Friday evening. In a video which surfaced online, the troops stormed the farm and invited some locals to help themselves with edibles before destroying the farm. They then mocked Shekau, asking him to come out from the hiding.
8. The Nigerian Education system was mourned again for the umpteenth time and this weekend, it was the Students of the Ekiti State University EKSU’s. Save EKSU was a top trend as students lament missing scripts and missing results. Showing up with their griefs on social media, they unanimously sought a solution to their predicament.
9. On the heartbreaking and entertainment segment, #RoadToBae workers have left the writer so heartbroken. Nollywood actor Emmanuel Ikubese and celebrity Make-up artiste Anita Adetoye’s 11 months old marriage is said to be having some crashes and accidents. First the duo deleted their wedding pictures from their social media page, stirring questions and concerns. Then people dug deeper to see if they are still following themselves and gbam, there was no following from both. This was further sealed as Anita already removed Ikubese from her IG name and stopped using the Mrs AIk hashtag in her posts. While majority wish they pull through whatever their issue is, so many others can’t stop wondering of that’s how marriages break – not even a year yet. A gossip blogger, however, put out some dirty secrets, alleging Emmanuel Ikubese of being a d*ck available to every low budget Lekki actress and Anita of being a hoe since 15. This story hurts and yet, none of them has given a reaction yet.
10. After heartbreak comes the sunshine of the 14th Headies Awards. The awards ceremony went down at the prestigious Eko Hotels and suite and it saw exceptional music talents being rewarded for their hard work and amazing talent. The show was hosted by Ace comedian Bovi and media personality Nancy Isime. Fireboy DML was the biggest winner of the night after he clinched five awards. Starboy Wizkid, Simi went home with 2 awards respectively as well. Singer Omah Lay went home with the most talked-about award of the night the Next rated category beating the likes of Oxlade, Tems, Bella Shmurda. See the full list here.
All of these and many more are captured and reported on KOKO.NG. As you go about your daily routine this week, keep abreast will all of the news, vibes and energy from KOKO.NG, Nigeria and Africa’s leading digital platform on entertainment, lifestyle and fashion. Y’all have a great week.
- See All of ‘millionaire’ Asamoah Gyan’s 18 companiesIn Ghana, SportsMarch 1, 2021Former Sunderland striker Asamoah Gyan is now a millionaire mogul thanks to business interests in companies from airlines ...[Read more]
- Burna, No Let Them Deceive You With Your Village African Giant Title – CDQ FiresIn Celebrity News, Entertainment, Nigeria NewsMarch 1, 2021<!– Burna, No Let Them Deceive You With Your Village African Giant Title – CDQ Fires MORE STORIES...[Read more]
- CDQ calls out Burna Boy for allegedly disrespecting Obafemi MartinsIn Celebrity NewsMarch 1, 2021Rapper CDQ calls out Burna Boy on twitter, for allegedly disrespecting former Nigerian International, Obafemi Martins. He didn’t go into ...[Read more]
- Man clings to life, another injured in Manhattan deli shootingsIn USAMarch 1, 2021Two men were wounded — one gravely — in separate shootings inside and outside Upper Manhattan delis late Sunday, cops said. A 20-year-old man ...[Read more]
- Ex-con busted in connection to Brooklyn gambling den stabbing: NYPDIn USAMarch 1, 2021An ex-con jailed for manslaughter 25 years ago was busted in connection to the fatal stabbing of a good Samaritan who was trying to break up a knife ...[Read more]
- U20 AFCON: Percious Boah’s lone goal sends Ghana into finalIn Ghana, SportsMarch 1, 2021Percious Boah scored a brilliant free-kick in the first-half against Gambia on Monday evening to send Ghana into the final of the U20 Africa Cup of ...[Read more]
- Most Celebrities Are Desperate For Endorsement Deals – Nollywood Actress Nnaji CharityIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentMarch 1, 2021Nollywood actress, Charity Nnaji, has come for her colleagues in a new post shared via her Instagram Story. The film star succinctly wrote that a lot ...[Read more]
- Dorathy launches underwear clothing line, names it after her mother (Video)In Celebrity NewsMarch 1, 2021Popular brand influencer, Dorathy Banchor has launched an underwear clothing line that she named after her mother, Helen. Despite finishing in first ...[Read more]
- Gay poly throuple makes history, lists 3 dads on a birth certificateIn LifestyleMarch 1, 2021Three isn’t a crowd for these dads. A gay, polyamorous California throuple made history in 2017 when they became the first family in the state ...[Read more]
- City hauls off UWS hoarder’s junk pile, issues summons after Post reportIn USAMarch 1, 2021City workers hauled off a local hoarder’s junk pile shortly after The Post reported that the unsightly mess had turned an Upper West Side street into ...[Read more]