Yoruba activist and mobster, Sunday Igboho has said in a recent interview with the BBC that he isn’t scared of the police arrest order on him, because he knows he is fighting for a true and noble cause.
The popular Oyo State mobster gave an explanation as to why he and his boys stormed the house of the Seriki Fulani and that it is due to the negligence of the government to provide security and protection for the people of his town and state that had forced him and his followers to pick up arms and face the danger of kidnapping, theft and systemic ethnic cleansing being perpetrated by the Fulani herdsmen across all Yoruba territory.
READ ALSO: Have You Forgotten When You Were Bankrolling Me? – Sunday Igboho Slams Makinde
In an interview with BBC Yoruba, Sunday Igboho said he has been hearing that there are plans to get him arrested. He said that all he is doing is for the interest of his people, the Yorubas. According to him, the kings in Yoruba land are scared of speaking up for fear of being deposed by the government.
In Sunday Igboho’s words
”They say I am not part of the government. Why am I meddling in the affairs that is not my business? I am meddling in it because I am a Yoruba man and if the government do not do the things that the people who voted for them expect them to do, then the people have the right to talk.
It’s not like I just gave a command or said something that just came out from my mind.
Look at our doctor, Dr. Fatai, a PhD holder who is a Yoruba man. He worked abroad for many years and came back with money. He started a farm in his father’s place and employed so many of our people.
Fulanis went there to scatter the farm. He went to meet the Seriki Fulanis to inform him of what his people had done. They tied him and killed him.
There are so many people that these Fulanis have killed in such manner. They kidnapped some and collected money. They’ve collected N7 million, N10 million, N11 million…in our own fathers land.
These things hurt me so much. That was why I went there, to tell them that you people have been living with us for years, we did not fight with you guys.
This was what I was telling the Seriki Fulani when his people pulled a gun at me. I collected the gun from one of them. Another one pulled a cutlass while another one pulled a gun and fired. If you watch the video properly, he shot the gun at me before I collected the gun from them.
I told them I did not come to fight and that even if I came to fight, they wouldn’t be able to withstand me.
I told them that if they cannot find a solution to the killings of my people, it is better for them to leave.
All these things do not have to do with religion, I just want Yorubas to be at peace.
For the past four days now they have been threatening me with arrest, I am not scared.
All the obas that were there were happy and said that the suffering is enough, they do not want Fulanis anymore. That the killings is enough and that it is their subjects that are been killing. The Obas have been silent because they are scared of being deposed by the government if they speak up.
These Fulanis kidnapped a king’s son and collected N4 million ransom before they released him.
If care is not taken, the Fulanis will kidnap a king and ask his subjects to come and pay ransom.
We Yorubas are still sleeping and keeping quiet.”he said
Watch Sunday Igboho’s interview with the BBC below;
Photo Credit: Getty
- “Someone should marry me it’s urgent, I’ll explain during honeymoon” – Lady begsIn Viral NewsMarch 1, 2021A lady has recently taken to social media to beg for an urgent marriage, while promising to tell her to-be husband the reason during their honeymoon. ...[Read more]
- Police raids Barcelona, arrests CEO Oscar Grau, Bartomeu, othersIn SportsMarch 1, 2021Chelsea head coach, Thomas Tuchel, has said that he has the ‘biggest respect’ for Manchester United midfielder, Bruno Fernandes, because of the ...[Read more]
- Nina Ivy’s Husband Gifts Her a Range RoverIn EntertainmentMarch 1, 2021Nina Ivy’s Husband Gifts Her a Range Rover. The popular former BBNaija housemate, Nina Ivy has been gifted a Range Rover by her husband. The reality ...[Read more]
- Video of NBA Geeboy Looting Shops during EndSars Protest floods internetIn EntertainmentMarch 1, 2021Nigerian loudmouth rapper, NBA Geeboy was one of hoodlums who looted other people’s shops after the peaceful EndSARS protest was disrupted in 2020. ...[Read more]
- Crystal Palace vs Man United: Cavani hint on his fitness ahead of EPL clashIn EPL, SportsMarch 1, 2021The English Premier League has issued a statement to explain the decision not to award Manchester United a penalty in Sunday’s clash against Chelsea ...[Read more]
- You Don’t Need to Be Decent For A Man – Lil Frosh Ex-GirlfriendIn EntertainmentMarch 1, 2021You Don’t Need to Be Decent For A Man – Lil Frosh Ex-girlfriend. The former girlfriend of rapper, Lil Frosh and Nigerian model Gift Camile, took to ...[Read more]
- “Before 40, I Must Hit Billionaire Status – Toke Makinwa Sets Deadline For HerselfIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentMarch 1, 2021Popular OAP, author, actress and fashion enthusiast, Toke Makinwa in a new post she shared on her Twitter handle has declared that she wants to be a ...[Read more]
- Okonjo-Iweala honours 4-year-old girl who dressed to look like herIn GossipMarch 1, 2021The new Director-general of the World Trade Centre (WTO), Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, has acknowledged a four-year-old girl who modelled herself to look ...[Read more]
- Cuomo accused of pressuring female reporter to ‘eat the whole sausage’ in ‘creepy’ videoIn USAMarch 1, 2021A video showing Gov. Andrew Cuomo challenging a female journalist to “eat the whole sausage” in front of him at the 2016 New York State Fair has ...[Read more]
- Preview Of Prince Harry And Meghan Markle’s Interview With Oprah Winfrey ReleasedIn Celebrity News, coronavirus, Entertainment, NewsMarch 1, 2021The preview of Oprah Winfrey’s high anticipated interview with the royal couple Prince Harry and Meghan Markle has finally been released and it is ...[Read more]