Elder statesman and popular chieftain of the Afenifere Pro-Yoruba Group, Chief Ayo Adebanjo has slammed the Presidency of its continued inequities and non-action against the rampaging killings and kidnapping by the Fulani Herdsmen. The Elder statesman said during a recent interview that the country Nigeria will break up very soon unless the country is restructured and given a new constitution.
The Afenifere Chief who further noted that a restructuring and a new constitution is inevitable because the country is still being run like a Unitary system rather as a Federation which claims to be. The Afenifere leader who spoke about other Federal systems across the world not having an Inspector General of Police, but such exist in Nigeria and the best excuse given to it is that its a unique Nigerian situation, no that’s a lie he said.
The Afenifere Chieftain also note,
“It is deceitful and dishonest of the Federal Government to keep denying that Fulanis are the ones responsible for attacks. The FG often claims that foreign Fulanis are the one causing havoc but cannot explain how the foreigners come in. That is the height of incompetence for this government. Who gave Fulani the graving routes? Do not entertain these lame excuses. This is not the colonial period. Even back then, they were not raping, maiming and killing people.
Fulanis have been with us for a long time, why is it now that Buhari is there, that we have this carnage? Do you need AK47 to rear cattle?
Sunday Igboho would not have stepped in if the government at the Federal and State levels had done the needful. I have always said it that Buhari is a dictator. Even before he came into power, I have been saying it.”
When asked about the Sunday Igboho arrest order, Chief Ayo Adebanjo of the Afenifere said;
“That is why I say Buhari is the most powerful president in the world. You beat a child and say he should not cry. God will save us from Buhari one day.
I do not want Nigeria to break up but I cannot continue to be oppressed as a Nigerian. Nnamdi Kanu’s calls for secession is as a result of marginalisation. If Buhari fails to agree to restructure, a new constitution that favours everyone, this country will break up. We are worse off under this administration than Abacha’s.
There is nothing more negotiable than the unity of this country. Our founding fathers did it in London and we are going to do it.”
Photo Credit: Getty
- Idea of ‘vaccine passports’ shot down by WHOIn LifestyleFebruary 25, 2021No need to pull your suitcase and neck pillow from storage just yet. In light of hype and rumor surrounding the so-called “vaccine passport,” the ...[Read more]
- Students call remote learning ‘boring’ and ‘weird’ during de Blasio school visitIn USAFebruary 25, 2021The reviews are in: remote learning is “boring.” And it’s also “weird,” students told Mayor Bill de Blasio and Department of Education Chancellor ...[Read more]
- Arizona woman returns 1950s Purple Heart to man’s family after finding it at thrift storeIn LifestyleFebruary 25, 2021A family has been reunited with their father’s Purple Heart more than three decades after he died, thanks to a bit of sleuthing. ...[Read more]
- NYC hospitals were unprepared for last spring’s COVID-19 surge, report findsIn USAFebruary 25, 2021New York City’s hospitals were woefully unprepared for last year’s nightmare surge in COVID-19 patients due to a lack of planning from the city, the ...[Read more]
- NYC has extra COVID-19 vaccine supply this weekIn USAFebruary 25, 2021New York City has a surplus of COVID-19 vaccines this week after delayed shipments finally arrived — so it’s ramping up hours and doubling the number ...[Read more]
- “Waiting to have money before marrying is a flimsy excuse” – Laura Ikeji tells men (Video)In Celebrity NewsFebruary 25, 2021Serial entrepreneur, Laura Ikeji has advised Nigerian men to go ahead and marry when they find a woman they love even if they are broke. She made ...[Read more]
- House poised to vote on legal safeguards for LGBTQ peopleIn LifestyleFebruary 25, 2021WASHINGTON — The Democratic-led House is poised to pass a bill that would enshrine LGBTQ protections in the nation’s labor and civil rights laws, a ...[Read more]
- Mona Gucci Eats Her Vomit Back – Says She Won’t Release Nana Ama Mcbrown’s SecretsIn EntertainmentFebruary 25, 2021To all those who are waiting for Mona Gucci to drop deep secrets of Nana Ama Mcbrown on Friday on Kantanka TV, she says you all should sit your a*ses ...[Read more]
- My dad used to work at a fast-food restaurant in US before he became wealthy – Davido reveals (Video)In NewsFebruary 25, 2021Nigerian singer, Davido has revealed his billionaire father, Adedeji Adeleke, worked as a manager at Burger King, a fast-food restaurant in the US ...[Read more]
- NY AG Letitia James mulling request for probe of Gov. Cuomo over sex harass claimIn USAFebruary 25, 2021New York Attorney General Letitia James is mulling a request to launch an independent probe of sexual harassment claims leveled against Gov. Andrew ...[Read more]