Popular Nigerian Fuji Musician, Alhaji Wasiu Ayinde Marshall, aka K1 De Ultimate, settled his scores with the family of the late Dr. Sikiru Ayinde Barrister, his mentor in the music business.
K1 who is known for popularizing the Fuji genre of music in Nigeria took his inspiration from Dr. Sikiru Ayinde Barrister who started it all until his demise a decade ago. Dr. Sikiru Ayinde Barrister is also said to have been the originator Wéré music, another genre of music.
K1 never had the best of relationships between him and the family of his late mentor due to their differences.
But the musician has taken the bold step to make sure peace existed between them by settling their differences and coming together for the first time in a very long while.
He thanked God for a successful reunion on Instagram saying “To the glory of God Almighty, I am pleased to announce the Family reunion of the Late Dr Sikiru Ayinde Barrister and myself (Olasunkanmi Ayinde Marshal) The MAYEGUN OF YORUBALAND as the Olori Ebi ( Head of the family) At the residence of our grand father Evang. Ebenezer Obey Fabiyi in Ikeja off Obafemi Awolowo Way. In the presence of Alhaji Adisa Osiefa, bossom friend of the deceased. Also in attendance The President and General Sec of Fuji Musician Association of Nigeria.All children and wife’s present Physicaly and via Zoom.This happy reunion signifys the kickoff of the 10th year remembrance of S.A.B coming up on 16th December 2020.“
- Erica Nlewedim Drags Trolls Who Accused Her Of Begging For Birthday GiftsIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 23, 2021BBNaija star Erica Nlewedim is done being the good girl and is finally ready to give the trolls and the haters a piece of her mind. The TV star on ...[Read more]
- NYC ‘autonomous zone’ bar owner indicted, escapes assault chargeIn USAJanuary 23, 2021The co-owner of a Staten Island bar that declared itself an “autonomous zone” exempt from state and city COVID-19 rules has been indicted for ...[Read more]
- DJ Khaled To Host MTV Africa Music Awards 2021In Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 23, 2021Superstar DJ DJ Khaled has been announced as the host for the MTV Music Africa Awards 2021. The show will be held in Kampala, Uganda next month. The ...[Read more]
- Non-academic Staff Union Of Universities To Begin Indefinite Strike February 5In Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 23, 2021The Nonacademic staff union of universities (NASU) has announced plans to begin indefinite strike action on the 5th of February,2020. The Joint ...[Read more]
- Real Madrid Coach Zinedine Zidane Tests Positive For COVID-19In Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 23, 2021French football legend and Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane has tested positive for COVID-19, according to the Spanish giants. Zidane’s tested ...[Read more]
- New York Post mourns loss of longtime colleague Isidore ‘Izzy’ CabiocIn USAJanuary 23, 2021Isidore “Izzy” Cabioc, who worked for the New York Post for 46 years, succumbed to cancer at his Brooklyn home on Wednesday. He was 69. Cabioc was a ...[Read more]
- This Is Irresponsible – Banky W Slams Government For Asking Citizens To Queue Up To Get Their NINIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 23, 2021Singer Banky W has slammed the government over its decision to ask people to queue for their National Identity Number in the middle of a pandemic. ...[Read more]
- True Fulfillment Does Not Come From Marriage, Success Or Kids – Toke MakinwaIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 23, 2021Media personality Toke Makinwa has spoken on the constant search for true fulfillment by a lot of people. The OAP in an Instagram post shared that ...[Read more]
- Being ‘fat but fit’ isn’t really possible, study saysIn LifestyleJanuary 23, 2021New research has just plunged a dagger through the core of the mentality that you can be “fat but fit.” Physical activity does nothing to cancel the ...[Read more]
- How the NYPD nearly caught NYC ‘serial killer’ after the second victimIn USAJanuary 23, 2021Investigators came close to arresting accused “handyman serial killer” Kevin Gavin two years ago — when they found his DNA on the strangled, battered ...[Read more]