The famous Nollywood legend, Dr. John Okafor, popularly known as “Mr. Ibu” has extolled the outstanding leadership qualities of Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State, describing him as a visionary, peaceful, compassionate and unassuming leader who has brought tremendous development to the state, most especially in the rural communities.
Mr. Ibu also commended Gov. Ugwuanyi for his uncommon leadership style, which he said has also brought “unprecedented peace and security in the state, stressing that the governor is “a God-sent leader to the people of Enugu State”.
The African movie Icon who spoke when he led his team to pay a courtesy visit to the Government House, Enugu, to appreciate Gov. Ugwuanyi for celebrating with him (Ibu) during his historic 60th birthday, thanked the governor for his good works in the state and for enhancing the state’s business/investment atmosphere in spite of the nation’s challenges.
According to him, “thank you Your Excellency for your good works in Enugu State. Thank you for the developmental projects, most especially in the rural areas; thank you for your humility and friendliness to all and sundry; thank you for entrenching perpetual peace and security in Enugu State, and also thank you immensely for celebrating me at my 60th birthday. In fact, Your Excellency, you are a God-sent leader to the good people of Enugu State”.
In his remarks, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of ICE DIAMOND ENTERTAINMENT, Comrade Monday Diamond (Odoziobodo) who hosted the event that marked Mr. Ibu’s 60th Birthday, applauded Gov. Ugwuanyi for “the magnificent way he celebrated John Okafor through his support which culminated in the massive success of the event”.
On his part, Gov. Ugwuanyi who congratulated Mr. Ibu on his 60th birthday, eulogized the Nollywood legend for making Enugu State and the entire Igbo nation proud through his talent.
The governor in furtherance of his love for the entertainment industry, adopted every Easter Monday as “Mr. Ibu Day”, an official annual entertainment day for Enugu State by the multiple awards winner (Mr. Ibu) who was conferred with the prestigious “Doctorate Degree Award in Entertainment” by KANAZ ESTABLISHMENT, on his 60th birthday.
- NJ’s top health official quarantining after COVID-19 exposureIn USANovember 29, 2020Another top New Jersey official is in quarantine after being exposed to COVID-19 — this time the state’s top health official. Department of Health ...[Read more]
- More rescue dogs from China’s meat trade arrive in NYCIn USANovember 29, 2020A second shipment of dogs, all rescued from China’s meat markets, have landed at JFK Airport — their wagging tails and happy yelps saying everything ...[Read more]
- $500K worth of medical equipment taken in NYC car heistIn USANovember 29, 2020He might need a medic himself after this car heist. A driver has told police that he lost an estimated $500,000 worth of surgical equipment when his ...[Read more]
- 10-year-old boy slashed in face during dispute in NYC apartmentIn USANovember 29, 2020A 10-year-old boy was slashed in the face during a fight inside an uptown housing project apartment, police said Saturday. The woman who slashed the ...[Read more]
- Meet Nneoma Nwaijah, The Beautiful Wife Of Chinedu IkediezeIn Celebrity NewsNovember 29, 2020Chinedu is a Nigerian actor who is celebrated around the world for his marvellous performances in many movies. He was born on the 12th of December, ...[Read more]
- Fani-Kayode’s Ex-wife And Fans Drag Lady Who Asked Her To Go Look After Her Kids (Reactions)In Celebrity NewsNovember 29, 2020The ex-wife of former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode, has jabbed a fan who asked her to go back to her marital home and look after her kids. ...[Read more]
- LGBT In Nigeria And Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Declared Support For HomosexualityIn Celebrity NewsNovember 28, 2020Despite the fact that Nigeria’s culture frowns upon homosexuality, some celebrities have not backed down in speaking in the favor of LGBT. LGBT is ...[Read more]
- Meet Benedicta Oyewo, The Late Wife Of Kola OyewoIn Celebrity NewsNovember 28, 2020Benedicta Oyewo is the name of Kola Oyewo’s late wife. She was born on May 1 and passed away on October 1l,2020 at the age of 53. During her ...[Read more]
- NYC bar in COVID-19 hotspot refuses to shut down after state yanks liquor licenseIn USANovember 28, 2020It’s an “open” rebellion. A Staten Island bar located in a COVID-19 hotspot is stealing a page from Seattle’s anarchist cookbook, declaring itself an ...[Read more]
- Educational Background Of Nollywood Comic Giant Afeez OyetoroIn Celebrity NewsNovember 28, 2020Afeez Oyetoro is no stranger to the screens of Nigerians and Africans at large. If the mention of the name Oyetoro, seems not to trigger any ...[Read more]