Helen Prest Ajayi has spoken for the first time after the commotion that played out at her husband, Dr Oluwatosin Ajayi’s funeral.
The 68-year-old, who died on April 26, 2020, was laid to rest on Feb 11 at the Ebony Vault in Ikoyi, Lagos.
Unfortunately, when it was time to pour sand on his grave, a disagreement broke out as an officiating minister said the children of Dr Ajayi’s first wife, Oluwayemisi Ajayi would pour sand on the coffin after their mother and before his widow Helen Prest Ajayi.
This led to a misunderstanding as it was argued that Helen Prest Ajayi should be the next to pour sand on the body after the deceased’s first wife.
According to reports, court rulings had decreed that both wives should be given equal rights throughout the burial ceremony. All was going well at the funeral until the pastor of Shepherdhill baptist Church, Israel Kristilere, said that after the first wife has finished pouring dust, her children would go next.
This caused a commotion between both parties at the graveside and ended with the first wife’s children forcefully dragging the shovel from Helen Prest-Ajayi.
Reacting, Helen Prest-Ajayi narrated on Feb 17, how she was accused by her husband’s older children and their mother of murdering her late husband. She added that she was dragged to Panti police station and then dragged to court.
She said she’s thankful to God for delivering her from the false accusations, adding that this is the last time she will speak on the matter. She wrote on Facebook:
This is the first day of Lent a time for spiritual healing and cleansing. This will be my last word on this matter.It was never my wish to talk about the passing of my late husband Dr Tosin Ajayi on social media, despite the fact that during this 10 month period, from his death on April 26th 2020, I was accused of murdering him by his adult children and their mother, after spending 42 days in St Nicholas Hospital Lagos, by his bedside and dragged to Panti police station, then to Coroners court and then to High court.
I am thankful that God delivered me from all these false accusations and gave me victory to bury my late husband in the manner he deserved. I want to express my gratitude to those men and women of God praying with me during these trying moments. I am also grateful for the unflinching support of my family and friends all over the world, who stood by me, even the “Aprokos” propagating me to stardom.
Throughout this 10 month period my sole focus and objective was to ensure that I gave my late husband a befitting burial in accordance with his status as an Icon in the healthcare field in Nigeria, which I am happy I achieved in his honour. Love is at the heart of everything in life. For God is love and Love is God.
Photo Credit: Getty
- My support for Kumerican Movement unquestionable – Okyeame KwameIn Entertainment, GhanaFebruary 28, 2021Legendary Hiplife artiste and ‘Yeeko’ hitmaker, Okyeame Kwame born Kwame Nsiah-Apau has revealed to Amansan Krakye on Kastle FM monitored by ...[Read more]
- Implement creative arts bill immediately – MUSIGA to new MinisterIn Entertainment, GhanaFebruary 28, 2021The Acting President of the Musicians Union of Ghana (MUSIGA) Bessa Simons has lauded the tourism, culture and creative arts Minister-designate, ...[Read more]
- Retract, apologize, resign! – Prof Azar to Judicial Service officials who authorized media releaseIn Ghana, NewsFebruary 28, 2021Legal luminary and relentless public intellectual, Professor Stephen Kwaku Asare fondly referred to as Kwaku Azar has called on persons behind the ...[Read more]
- How Davido and Mya Yafai hooked up and spent time together in Ghana (Screenshots)In Celebrity NewsFebruary 28, 2021Recent reports have it that Nigerian singer, Davido and Young Ma’s ex girlfriend, Mya Yafai were together in Ghana last year December. Recall Davido ...[Read more]
- Akufo-Addo to receive standing ovation in Churches after breaking his silence on HomosexualityIn Ghana, NewsFebruary 28, 2021President Akufo-Addo has broken his long silence over the raging subject of homosexuality currently under discussion in Ghana saying at the St. ...[Read more]
- More information on 2018 SHS graduate who led robbers to kill ambulance driver, molested paramedic outIn Ghana, NewsFebruary 28, 2021A recent Senior High School graduate, John Appiah alias Omega who was named by Police as leader of a team of robbers who attacked an ambulance and ...[Read more]
- Crowd protests ‘SNL’ vaccine joke as anti-SemitismIn USAFebruary 28, 2021Enlarge Image Former state Assemblyman Dov Hikind, seen here in a file photo, led a protest outside NBC’s “SNL” studios Feb. 27, ...[Read more]
- Meet Davido’s alleged new girlfriend, Mya Yafai (Photos/Video)In Celebrity NewsFebruary 28, 2021Award winning Nigerian singer, Davido caused an uproar on Twitter after he was spotted holding hands with a mystery lady. However, after an ...[Read more]
- Knicks fans dropping hundreds on last-minute COVID tests before gamesIn USAFebruary 28, 2021Knicks fans desperate to get back to Madison Square Garden are ponying up $250 for last-minute COVID tests before tip off, in order to meet new state ...[Read more]
- Here’s what you can’t do at a New York wedding reception amid COVID-19In USAFebruary 28, 2021Bring your COVID-19 test results, a face mask and a tape measure to the next wedding reception you attend. New York’s strict new rules for weddings ...[Read more]