Popular Nigerian On-Air personality, Toolz Oniru-Demuren has recently opened up about her experience after she and her husband had tested positive for the deadly COVID-19 disease.
The media personality who was extremely grateful to God for their lives took to social media in a series of tweets revealed that she initially thought it was a severe case of malaria.
Speaking further, she, however, confirmed that her greatest fear which was her babies contracting the virus did not happen and therefore expressed her gratitude to the doctors who took care of them.
In her own words;
Feeling super thankful! Folded hands to God today! This time last month, we were going through a very scary period! Almost everyone in our house (including myself) tested positive for Covid-19.
I was just about to return to work after my maternity, and it all started with Captain complaining of ‘malaria-like’ symptoms. He had them for a few days, and didn’t seem to get any better…so we ended up taking him to hospital.
He had taken a Covid-19 test a few days before which was negative, so I thought it was a bad case of malaria. He was admitted with malaria and a bacterial infection we were told. After being given intravenous antibiotics and other meds he still wasn’t getting better.
I decided to move him to a different hospital, and they tested again, and he ‘blew up’ the test according to the doctor. My body went cold, and my first thought was ‘OMG the babies!!’. Then a short while later, I thought about myself.
I did a rapid test, and it was positive.
Neither of us initially had the common symptoms- no coughing, no breathing issues…although I later lost my smell and taste. Captain was in hospital for a week and this was around the time of the Lekki shooting, so I was doubly terrified.
My main fear was the babies…especially our youngest son as he was just about 3 months old. We didn’t test them, but I was certain they had Covid too as we literally kiss and cuddle our boys every day. The doctor assured us that they wouldn’t be affected.
Thank God the doctor was right, other than a sneeze here & there, our babies were perfectly fine.
I was generally ok too, just scared. Once you get that positive result, you get all these random symptoms you didn’t have before. My back would hurt…I’d be like hmmm corona oo.
Captain on the other hand felt super rundown, couldn’t keep food down, had cramping all over and a bunch of other symptoms. After a week, he came back home, and we finished our isolation period together.
After 2 weeks we all retested and were all thankfully Negative. Thanks to Almighty God for seeing us through, a big thank you to the doctors that looked after us… especially Dr Majekodunmi of Eurocare for the constant reassurance, and for taking my a million and one calls.
- Lagos orders doctors to handle malaria symptoms like coronavirusIn coronavirus, NewsJanuary 19, 2021
- BBNaija Diane Russet Shaves Her headIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021Reality TV star, Diane Russet has taken her fans and followers by surprise as she showed up with her head completely shaved. Could this be a new ...[Read more]
- Teenage girl allegedly burn man aliveIn Local NewsJanuary 19, 2021There was fear and anxiety in Igarra, Akoko-Edo Local Government Area of Edo State over the murder of a young man identified as Ajitwewunmeshe Emmah, ...[Read more]
- Senate Leader McConnell: Donald Trump Provoked And Lied To Mob That Attacked CapitolIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021
- Medical doctor dies of COVID-19 in KwaraIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 19, 2021
- LAUTECH: Makinde approves payment of N8b to Osun GovtIn NewsJanuary 19, 2021
- Nigeria frees 4,000 inmates due to logisticsIn NewsJanuary 19, 2021The federal government said logistics was the major reason more than 4,000 inmates were released from prisons across Nigeria. Minister of Interior, ...[Read more]
- Meet Michael Boulous, Tiffany Trump’s Nigerian Billionaire Fiancé And Scion of The SCOA ConglomerateIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021Michael Boulos, Tiffany Trump’s fiancé, is a Nigerian-Lebanese man whose family is now based in Nigeria and runs Boulos Enterprises in the ...[Read more]
- Widow of slain naked gunman files wrongful death suit against city, NYPDIn USAJanuary 19, 2021The wife of a Harlem man who was fatally shot by cops in 2019 while naked and wielding a gun has filed a wrongful death suit against the city and two ...[Read more]
- Joe Biden makes history by picking transgender doctor as assistant health secretaryIn NewsJanuary 19, 2021US Incoming President, Joe Biden has made history by picking a transgender doctor for a top government health post in his administration. ...[Read more]