Director-General of the Budget Office and a Pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God has reacted to the claim made by popular OAP, Daddy Freeze on his comments concerning the role of a wife in marriage.
Freeze had made it known that a wife needs not be submissive to her husband, Akabueze disagrees, saying that Freeze is very wrong and is turning the scripture on its head.
Akabueze shared his opinion via a facebook post.
Daddy Freeze has a penchant for using his eloquence and media reach to peddle wrong interpretations of scriptures, as he has done in this case. My fear is that many are thereby being led astray, and that is why occasionally I intervene to point out his error.
Apostle Paul likened the relationship between a wife and her husband to that between the church and Christ. Freeze’s argument about mutual submission would therefore imply that the church and Christ are also to submit to one another! This cannot be. Only the church is to submit to Christ, and not vice-versa.
Christ loved the church (ie, the people), and gave His life for it, even before it submitted to Him, and continues to love it regardless.
Therefore, a husband is not to make submission a pre-condition for loving his wife. Neither should the wife make her husband loving her a precondition to submit to him (as Freeze preaches). Husband and wife will each be judged separately when they die, and none can excuse his/her own disobedience to God’s word by the other person’s failures.
A woman who truly desires the best out of her marriage should embrace the scriptural injunction to submit to her husband. This is what Apostle Peter wrote one the same subject – 1 Peter 3:1-2 AMPC
 In like manner, you married women, be submissive to your own husbands [subordinate yourselves as being secondary to and dependent on them, and adapt yourselves to them], so that even if any do not obey the Word [of God], they may be won over not by discussion but by the [godly] lives of their wives,
 When they observe the pure and modest way in which you conduct yourselves, together with your reverence [for your husband; you are to feel for him all that reverence includes: to respect, defer to, revere him-to honor, esteem, appreciate, prize, and, in the human sense, to adore him, that is, to admire, praise, be devoted to, deeply love, and enjoy your husband].
Submission is not a dirty word. It does not make the woman inferior to the man in any way, after-all they were both created in God’s image – Genesis 1:27 AMPC  So God created man in His own image, in the image and likeness of God He created him; male and female He created them.
- Cuomo says feds ‘not providing’ vaccine funds — despite NY having $7.5M availableIn USADecember 2, 2020WASHINGTON — Trump administration officials were baffled Wednesday when Gov. Andrew Cuomo said the federal government is “not providing” New York ...[Read more]
- Gov Nyesom Wike presents 2021 Budget, Ignores implementation of national minimum wageIn NewsDecember 2, 2020Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, on Wednesday, presented the 2021 appropriation bill of over four hundred and forty-eight billion naira on the ...[Read more]
- Schoos to resume soon, Federal Govt Promises Students and ParentsIn EducationDecember 2, 2020Public universities in Nigeria will resume soon after months of strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU). The federal government ...[Read more]
- PDP, only hope Nigeria needs to survive, unite – Saraki boastsIn Local NewsDecember 2, 2020Bukola Saraki, former Senate President has claimed that the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, is the only hope Nigeria needs to survive and fully bounce ...[Read more]
- President Muhammadu Buhari to address the House of Representatives on insecurity in NigeriaIn Boko HaramDecember 2, 2020President Muhammadu Buhari will address the House of Representatives on insecurity in Nigeria. The Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila made the confirmation ...[Read more]
- NYC’s COVID-19 infection rate nears 5 percentIn USADecember 2, 2020The Big Apple’s coronavirus infection rate continues to surge and has now risen to levels not seen since May, according to city data released ...[Read more]
- Netizens Mock Juliet Ibrahim After Iceberg Slim Flaunted His New GirlfriendIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Social media users have reacted to Juliet Ibrahim’s former boyfriend, Iceberg Slim, flaunted his new girlfriend on social media. Three years ago, the ...[Read more]
- Man slashed in the face in UWS subway stationIn USADecember 2, 2020A man was slashed in the face by a stranger in a Manhattan subway station on Wednesday afternoon, cops said. The 31-year-old was on the platform of ...[Read more]
- Mysterious ‘explosion’ from meteor rattles upstate New YorkIn USADecember 2, 2020A mysterious “explosion” rocked large swaths of Upstate New York on Wednesday, shaking homes, rattling windows — and confusing a lot of people. ...[Read more]
- God will punish any man who pampers his woman while his mother suffers – Duncan MightyIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Nigerian star, Duncan Mighty, has unleashed his venom on men who see their girlfriends as their most prized possession. – Advertisement – ...[Read more]