Director-General of the Budget Office and a Pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God has reacted to the claim made by popular OAP, Daddy Freeze on his comments concerning the role of a wife in marriage.
Freeze had made it known that a wife needs not be submissive to her husband, Akabueze disagrees, saying that Freeze is very wrong and is turning the scripture on its head.
Akabueze shared his opinion via a facebook post.
Daddy Freeze has a penchant for using his eloquence and media reach to peddle wrong interpretations of scriptures, as he has done in this case. My fear is that many are thereby being led astray, and that is why occasionally I intervene to point out his error.
Apostle Paul likened the relationship between a wife and her husband to that between the church and Christ. Freeze’s argument about mutual submission would therefore imply that the church and Christ are also to submit to one another! This cannot be. Only the church is to submit to Christ, and not vice-versa.
Christ loved the church (ie, the people), and gave His life for it, even before it submitted to Him, and continues to love it regardless.
Therefore, a husband is not to make submission a pre-condition for loving his wife. Neither should the wife make her husband loving her a precondition to submit to him (as Freeze preaches). Husband and wife will each be judged separately when they die, and none can excuse his/her own disobedience to God’s word by the other person’s failures.
A woman who truly desires the best out of her marriage should embrace the scriptural injunction to submit to her husband. This is what Apostle Peter wrote one the same subject – 1 Peter 3:1-2 AMPC
 In like manner, you married women, be submissive to your own husbands [subordinate yourselves as being secondary to and dependent on them, and adapt yourselves to them], so that even if any do not obey the Word [of God], they may be won over not by discussion but by the [godly] lives of their wives,
 When they observe the pure and modest way in which you conduct yourselves, together with your reverence [for your husband; you are to feel for him all that reverence includes: to respect, defer to, revere him-to honor, esteem, appreciate, prize, and, in the human sense, to adore him, that is, to admire, praise, be devoted to, deeply love, and enjoy your husband].
Submission is not a dirty word. It does not make the woman inferior to the man in any way, after-all they were both created in God’s image – Genesis 1:27 AMPC  So God created man in His own image, in the image and likeness of God He created him; male and female He created them.
- Movie producer, Kenny Odugbemi acquires brand new Range Rover Jeep (Video)In Celebrity NewsApril 19, 2021Yoruba movie producer, Kenny Odugbemi, popularly known as Mr Buga has stepped up his game as he acquires a brand new Range Rover Jeep. Taking to his ...[Read more]
- Super realistic muscle suit makes wearer look super swollIn LifestyleApril 19, 2021Here’s a foolproof way to get the perfect beach body: Just buy it online. Did your fitness standards slip during coronavirus gym closures? Not to ...[Read more]
- Killing of soldiers in Benue: 4 arrested, more arms recoveredIn Local NewsApril 19, 2021Following the recent killings of about 12 soldiers in Konshisha Local Government Area of Benue State by local militias, the State Governor, Samuel ...[Read more]
- You Are Gay There’s No Turning Back- Reactions As Uche Maduagwu Makes U-Turn On Gay CommentIn Nigeria NewsApril 19, 2021ADVERTISEMENT The actor has taken to his Instagram page to denounce his stand for being gay. According to him, he has lost many movie roles after he ...[Read more]
- “You should be happy I even opened my legs for you” – Man narrates his experience with a soon-to-be babeIn Viral NewsApril 19, 2021A man has shared his experience with his soon-to-be babe with relationship advisor, Nedu on Instagram. Here’s what he wrote; Hi Mr. Nedu, I see the ...[Read more]
- Ekiti cult killings: Police arrests 34 more suspectsIn Local NewsApril 19, 2021The abductors of the Obadu of Ilemeso Ekiti, Oba David Oyewumi have demanded N20 million ransom from the family for the monarch to be set free. ...[Read more]
- Man in tears as he falls into penury after settling an outrageous bride priceIn Viral NewsApril 19, 2021A man has cried out after he went broke in a bid to meet up with all the items that were demanded from him by his bride’s relatives. The man who ...[Read more]
- It’s no Playboy Mansion! Inside ex-Bunny Holly Madison’s humble homeIn LifestyleApril 19, 2021Holly Madison is a genuine “girl next door” now. It’s been more than 10 years since we last saw the former Playboy Bunny, along with Bridget ...[Read more]
- Lady dragged for saying she’s 23 and a virgin as Netizens dig racy photos of herIn Viral NewsApril 19, 2021A young lady took to her social media account to brag about her latest sexual achievement that she’s proud of. @Queenistonia took to her Twitter page ...[Read more]
- Andrew Yang has strong lead over Stringer, Adams in NYC mayoral primary: pollIn USAApril 19, 2021Andrew Yang has built a sizeable lead in the crowded Democratic primary race to become New York City’s next mayor, according to a new poll released ...[Read more]