8 new cases in Singapore, including 5 more linked to Grace Assembly church, 1 linked to DBS case
Singaporean evacuated from Wuhan among country’s 3 new cases of coronavirus, total now 16: MOH
Corrections and clarifications regarding falsehoods published by AB-TC City News’ website
Singapore closes borders to all Chinese travellers to stem spread of coronavirus
SINGAPORE – Four new cases have been confirmed in Singapore, all linked to the Wizlearn Technologies cluster, said the Ministry of Health on Saturday (Feb 29).
There are now eight cases linked to the e-learning solutions company at Science Park II that emerged as a new coronavirus cluster on Friday.
Of the new cases, two are Singaporeans, one is a Malaysian and the other is a Filipino. All have no recent travel history to China, or to Daegu city and Cheongdo county in South Korea.
The new infections bring the total number of confirmed cases here to 102. Meanwhile, three more patients have been discharged, MOH said.
Three of the four new cases are linked to Case 93, a 38-year-old employee of Wizlearn Technologies.
The first, Case 99, is a 27-year-old Singaporean man who reported onset of symptoms on Feb 21. He sought treatment at a general practitioner (GP) clinic on Feb 25, and Pioneer Polyclinic on Friday, when he was identified by MOH as a close contact of Case 93 and referred to the National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID) on the same day and immediately isolated.
The second, a 20-year-old Malaysian man, reported onset of symptoms on Feb 27 and sought treatment at a GP clinic the next day, when he was also referred by MOH to NCID and immediately isolated. Test results confirmed Covid-19 infection on Friday afternoon.
Source: Straits Times
Eight more cases of the coronavirus with links to previous ones have been confirmed in Singapore, bringing the total number of infected people to 58.
Five of the new cases are linked to the Grace Assembly of God church, including a 54-year-old man who is a professor, from the National University of Singapore’s (NUS) School of Design and Environment (SDE).
The Ministry of Health said on Thursday (Feb 13) that the professor did not interact with colleagues and students after he fell ill.
The cluster is now linked to seven confirmed cases, including the church’s senior pastor Wilson Teo. Two earlier cases, both staff at the church, were announced on Wednesday.
Another two new cases are Bangladeshi work pass holders, aged 30 and 37, who are linked to a worksite in Seletar Aerospace Heights. They are cases 52 and 56.
The worksite is now linked to a cluster of four cases, all of whom are Bangladeshi nationals.
The last new case is a 30-year-old Singaporean man who is a family member of case 50, the 62-year-old male DBS Bank employee who was confirmed to have the virus on Wednesday. He is case 55.
Source: Strait Times
SINGAPORE: The Ministry of Health (MOH) confirmed three new cases of the Wuhan coronavirus in Singapore on Friday (Jan 31), bringing the total to 16 cases.
All three cases recently travelled to China’s Wuhan, where the virus originated.
THREE NEW CASES
The 14th case is a 31-year-old Chinese national with a Singapore work pass. He arrived in Singapore from Wuhan on Jan 26, and reported to be asymptomatic on his flight but developed symptoms on Jan 28.
He sought medical treatment at a clinic on Thursday and was taken to the National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID) in an ambulance.
The man tested positive for the coronavirus at about 11pm on Thursday.
He is currently warded in an isolation room at NCID. Prior to admission, the man stayed at home in Jurong East Street 13.
The 15th case is a 47-year-old Singaporean, who had travelled to Wuhan with her family and was one of the 92 Singaporeans who were evacuated from the city on Thursday.
She was asymptomatic when she boarded the flight, but was found to have a fever during the medical screening at Changi Airport and was taken to NCID.
She tested positive for the coronavirus at about 2pm on Friday and is warded in an isolation room at NCID.
The 16th case is a 38-year-old Chinese man who arrived in Singapore from Wuhan on Jan 22. He tested positive for the coronavirus at about 2pm on Friday and is currently warded in an isolation room at the Singapore General Hospital.
All three cases are in stable condition, said MOH.
PREVIOUS CASES ALL IN STABLE CONDITION: MOH
The death toll in China has risen to 213, with nearly 10,000 infected, according to official figures released on Friday. The World Health Organization (WHO) declared the situation a global emergency.
All of the 13 previously confirmed cases in Singapore came from Wuhan in Hubei province.
The first case of the Wuhan coronavirus in Singapore was confirmed on Jan 23 – about a month after the first cases were reported in the Chinese city.
The seven men and six women, aged between 31 and 73, are being treated at isolation wards at NCID, Singapore General Hospital and Sengkang General Hospital.
In its press release on Friday, MOH shared more information about the 13th confirmed case, a 73-year-old woman who arrived in Singapore on Jan 21.
The ministry said she was a close contact of the second confirmed case and multiple attempts were made to contact her. She was located on Jan 28 and reported having developed symptoms on the same day.
The woman was taken to NCID, where she was isolated, and she tested positive for the coronavirus at about 2pm on Thursday.
MOH said that prior to her admission, the woman stayed at ParkRoyal Collection Pickering and Oasia Hotel Downtown, and visited Changi Airport and Jewel. She travelled by taxi and private transport.
None of the 13 previously confirmed cases are critically ill, said the ministry.
“All of them remain in stable condition and most are improving,” it added.
As of noon on Friday, 198 of the suspected cases have tested negative for the virus. Test results for the remaining 35 cases are pending.
MOH also said that it has identified 202 close contacts as of noon on Friday. Of the 162 who are still in Singapore, 156 have been contacted and are being quarantined or isolated. Efforts are ongoing to contact the remaining six close contacts, said MOH.
There was a false statement contained in a web article on the Wuhan virus situation in Singapore.
On 30 Jan 2020, a website called ‘City News’ published an article titled “BREAKING NEWS: Singapore records six more coronavirus case, total of 16 now” (https://ab-tc.com/singapore-coronavirus-cases/) claiming that five Singaporeans have contracted the Wuhan coronavirus without going to China.
As of 9pm on 30 Jan 2020, there is no local transmission of the Wuhan virus in Singapore. All confirmed cases in Singapore to date are Chinese nationals who travelled from Wuhan.
We advise members of the public to not speculate and/or spread unfounded rumors. Please visit www.moh.gov.sg for updates on the Wuhan virus situation.
Singapore will close its borders to all new visitors from mainland China, including foreigners who have been there within the past 14 days, becoming the first Southeast Asian country to do so in a bid to stem the spread of the deadly coronavirus.
The island nation has China as one of its biggest trading partners and is a popular destination for Chinese tourists. Figures from the Singapore Tourism Board showed that 248,000 travellers from the mainland entered Singapore last November, while 3.42 million mainland Chinese tourists visited in 2018.
The visa suspension will come into effect immediately so travellers can be informed in advance, while the travel restriction will start at 11.59pm on Saturday. The government did not say when these restrictions would be lifted.
- Mr. Eazi Buys A Brand New PS5 For King Promise To Convince Him Complete Their Joint AlbumIn GhanaNovember 23, 2020One of the things that can make a man really happy is arguably a football game console like PS5, and that is why Mr. Eazi had to buy PS5 to get King ...[Read more]
- “Who Is Mary Magdalene” – Cossy Ojiakor Blasts Critic Who Slammed Her For Preaching About God In A Racy Outfit (VIDEO)In Celebrity NewsNovember 23, 2020Controversial Nollywood actress, Cossy Orjiakor, has hit hard an Instagram user who condemned her for preaching the word of God while in a ...[Read more]
- DJ Cuppy Gives Naira Marley A Very Funny Reply After Her Superwoman Dive Into The OceanIn Celebrity NewsNovember 23, 2020One of Nigeria’s talented musicians whose father is a Multibillionaire, DJ Cuppy, found herself chilling out in Dubai. While on a chilling spree, a ...[Read more]
- BBNaija: Khloe Uses A Stunning Photo To Beg For Jollof From Her FansIn BBNaija, Celebrity NewsNovember 23, 2020Former Big Brother Naija star, Abiri Oluwabusayomi, popularly known as Khloe, has caused a stir on social media with a photo she shared with her ...[Read more]
- “I Paid Millions For My Surgery” – Slay Queen Roman Goddess RevealsIn Celebrity NewsNovember 23, 2020Popular Nigerian socialite, Roman Goddess, has disclosed that she spent millions to undergo surgery in order to achieve her massive hourglass figure. ...[Read more]
- Funny Reactions As Fans Mock Ned Nwoko For Struggling To Grind Regina Daniels In The Club (VIDEO)In Celebrity NewsNovember 23, 2020Nigerians have reacted to a trending video of Nollywood actress, Regina Daniels, and her 60-year-old billionaire husband, Ned Nwoko, chilling in a ...[Read more]
- BBNaija’s Dorathy Bags New Endorsement Deal With Branding Company (PHOTOS)In BBNaija, Celebrity NewsNovember 23, 2020Big Brother Naija season 5 finalist, Dorathy Bachor, keeps getting ahead as far as this year is concerned, as she has recently landed herself another ...[Read more]
- “My Family Is Everything to Me” – Mercy Johnson Can’t Stop Loving Her Wonderful Husband And KidsIn Celebrity NewsNovember 23, 2020Mercy Johnson Okojie is one of the most respected women in Nollywood for having gotten married to Prince Okojie for these number of years without the ...[Read more]
- “Your Mama Ain’t Leaving Any Time Soon” – Bobrisky Shades James Brown And Other Wannabe Cross-dressersIn Celebrity NewsNovember 23, 2020After spending the chunk of the past few days to do business on his Instagram, Bobrisky is back again with warnings against his competitors in the ...[Read more]
- Fans Beg Linda Ikeji Not To Do Plastic Surgery After Expressing InterestIn Celebrity NewsNovember 23, 2020Linda Ikeji’s fans have begged her not to do plastic surgery after she expressed her interest in joining Nigerian female celebrities who believe ...[Read more]