8 new cases in Singapore, including 5 more linked to Grace Assembly church, 1 linked to DBS case
Singaporean evacuated from Wuhan among country’s 3 new cases of coronavirus, total now 16: MOH
Corrections and clarifications regarding falsehoods published by AB-TC City News’ website
Singapore closes borders to all Chinese travellers to stem spread of coronavirus
SINGAPORE – Four new cases have been confirmed in Singapore, all linked to the Wizlearn Technologies cluster, said the Ministry of Health on Saturday (Feb 29).
There are now eight cases linked to the e-learning solutions company at Science Park II that emerged as a new coronavirus cluster on Friday.
Of the new cases, two are Singaporeans, one is a Malaysian and the other is a Filipino. All have no recent travel history to China, or to Daegu city and Cheongdo county in South Korea.
The new infections bring the total number of confirmed cases here to 102. Meanwhile, three more patients have been discharged, MOH said.
Three of the four new cases are linked to Case 93, a 38-year-old employee of Wizlearn Technologies.
The first, Case 99, is a 27-year-old Singaporean man who reported onset of symptoms on Feb 21. He sought treatment at a general practitioner (GP) clinic on Feb 25, and Pioneer Polyclinic on Friday, when he was identified by MOH as a close contact of Case 93 and referred to the National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID) on the same day and immediately isolated.
The second, a 20-year-old Malaysian man, reported onset of symptoms on Feb 27 and sought treatment at a GP clinic the next day, when he was also referred by MOH to NCID and immediately isolated. Test results confirmed Covid-19 infection on Friday afternoon.
Source: Straits Times
Eight more cases of the coronavirus with links to previous ones have been confirmed in Singapore, bringing the total number of infected people to 58.
Five of the new cases are linked to the Grace Assembly of God church, including a 54-year-old man who is a professor, from the National University of Singapore’s (NUS) School of Design and Environment (SDE).
The Ministry of Health said on Thursday (Feb 13) that the professor did not interact with colleagues and students after he fell ill.
The cluster is now linked to seven confirmed cases, including the church’s senior pastor Wilson Teo. Two earlier cases, both staff at the church, were announced on Wednesday.
Another two new cases are Bangladeshi work pass holders, aged 30 and 37, who are linked to a worksite in Seletar Aerospace Heights. They are cases 52 and 56.
The worksite is now linked to a cluster of four cases, all of whom are Bangladeshi nationals.
The last new case is a 30-year-old Singaporean man who is a family member of case 50, the 62-year-old male DBS Bank employee who was confirmed to have the virus on Wednesday. He is case 55.
Source: Strait Times
SINGAPORE: The Ministry of Health (MOH) confirmed three new cases of the Wuhan coronavirus in Singapore on Friday (Jan 31), bringing the total to 16 cases.
All three cases recently travelled to China’s Wuhan, where the virus originated.
THREE NEW CASES
The 14th case is a 31-year-old Chinese national with a Singapore work pass. He arrived in Singapore from Wuhan on Jan 26, and reported to be asymptomatic on his flight but developed symptoms on Jan 28.
He sought medical treatment at a clinic on Thursday and was taken to the National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID) in an ambulance.
The man tested positive for the coronavirus at about 11pm on Thursday.
He is currently warded in an isolation room at NCID. Prior to admission, the man stayed at home in Jurong East Street 13.
The 15th case is a 47-year-old Singaporean, who had travelled to Wuhan with her family and was one of the 92 Singaporeans who were evacuated from the city on Thursday.
She was asymptomatic when she boarded the flight, but was found to have a fever during the medical screening at Changi Airport and was taken to NCID.
She tested positive for the coronavirus at about 2pm on Friday and is warded in an isolation room at NCID.
The 16th case is a 38-year-old Chinese man who arrived in Singapore from Wuhan on Jan 22. He tested positive for the coronavirus at about 2pm on Friday and is currently warded in an isolation room at the Singapore General Hospital.
All three cases are in stable condition, said MOH.
PREVIOUS CASES ALL IN STABLE CONDITION: MOH
The death toll in China has risen to 213, with nearly 10,000 infected, according to official figures released on Friday. The World Health Organization (WHO) declared the situation a global emergency.
All of the 13 previously confirmed cases in Singapore came from Wuhan in Hubei province.
The first case of the Wuhan coronavirus in Singapore was confirmed on Jan 23 – about a month after the first cases were reported in the Chinese city.
The seven men and six women, aged between 31 and 73, are being treated at isolation wards at NCID, Singapore General Hospital and Sengkang General Hospital.
In its press release on Friday, MOH shared more information about the 13th confirmed case, a 73-year-old woman who arrived in Singapore on Jan 21.
The ministry said she was a close contact of the second confirmed case and multiple attempts were made to contact her. She was located on Jan 28 and reported having developed symptoms on the same day.
The woman was taken to NCID, where she was isolated, and she tested positive for the coronavirus at about 2pm on Thursday.
MOH said that prior to her admission, the woman stayed at ParkRoyal Collection Pickering and Oasia Hotel Downtown, and visited Changi Airport and Jewel. She travelled by taxi and private transport.
None of the 13 previously confirmed cases are critically ill, said the ministry.
“All of them remain in stable condition and most are improving,” it added.
As of noon on Friday, 198 of the suspected cases have tested negative for the virus. Test results for the remaining 35 cases are pending.
MOH also said that it has identified 202 close contacts as of noon on Friday. Of the 162 who are still in Singapore, 156 have been contacted and are being quarantined or isolated. Efforts are ongoing to contact the remaining six close contacts, said MOH.
There was a false statement contained in a web article on the Wuhan virus situation in Singapore.
On 30 Jan 2020, a website called ‘City News’ published an article titled “BREAKING NEWS: Singapore records six more coronavirus case, total of 16 now” (https://ab-tc.com/singapore-coronavirus-cases/) claiming that five Singaporeans have contracted the Wuhan coronavirus without going to China.
As of 9pm on 30 Jan 2020, there is no local transmission of the Wuhan virus in Singapore. All confirmed cases in Singapore to date are Chinese nationals who travelled from Wuhan.
We advise members of the public to not speculate and/or spread unfounded rumors. Please visit www.moh.gov.sg for updates on the Wuhan virus situation.
Singapore will close its borders to all new visitors from mainland China, including foreigners who have been there within the past 14 days, becoming the first Southeast Asian country to do so in a bid to stem the spread of the deadly coronavirus.
The island nation has China as one of its biggest trading partners and is a popular destination for Chinese tourists. Figures from the Singapore Tourism Board showed that 248,000 travellers from the mainland entered Singapore last November, while 3.42 million mainland Chinese tourists visited in 2018.
The visa suspension will come into effect immediately so travellers can be informed in advance, while the travel restriction will start at 11.59pm on Saturday. The government did not say when these restrictions would be lifted.
- FA Cup: Chelsea’s Kante cheats a lot – Man Utd star, PogbaIn SportsMay 16, 2021The Manchester United midfielder, Paul Pogba, has insisted that Chelsea’s N’Golo Kante “cheats a lot”. Pogba explained that Kante would do whatever ...[Read more]
- Police arrest 16 persons over cultism, recover firearms, ammunition in EnuguIn Local NewsMay 16, 2021The Police Command in Enugu State has arrested 16 suspects, one female inclusive, for cultism and unlawful possession of firearms, within two weeks. ...[Read more]
- FA Cup: Why Leicester City defeated Chelsea – Coach Brendan RodgersIn SportsMay 16, 2021Leicester City manager, Brendan Rodgers has said his players defeated Chelsea because they approached the game courageously. Youri Tielemans’ ...[Read more]
- Rudeboy And Brother Peter Okoye Profess Their Undying Love For Chelsea After Their DefeatIn Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Paul Okoye, Rudeboy, and his twin brother Peter Okoye, Mr P have professed their undying love for Chelsea after they got defeated by ...[Read more]
- Should We Tell Him About D’banj And Banky W – Reaction As Man Claims Davido Is Loyal To His WomenIn Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Investigative journalist Kemi Olunloyo and some others have reacted to a post of a Davido fan who claimed Davido is the only Nigerian ...[Read more]
- Happiest Girl Right Now – Wizkid’s Baby Mama Jada P SaysIn Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Afrobeat singer Wizkid‘s 3rd baby mama Jada P has disclosed that she’s the happiest girl right now without giving out the reason or ...[Read more]
- Hearts of Oak’s Daniel Kodie undergoes successful surgery in South AfricaIn GhanaMay 16, 2021Hearts of Oak midfielder Daniel Kodie underwent a successfully surgery in South Africa on Friday, 14 May 2021. The operation took place at the ...[Read more]
- People That Don’t Feed You Always The First To Talk About Your Life – Adekunle Gold Blows HotIn Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Singer Adekunle Gold has lamented over the fact that people who don’t feed you in any way are always the first to talk about your life. ...[Read more]
- ‘Make Yourself Happy’ – Yemi Alade To NigeriansIn Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT The award-winning musician made this known in a recent post she made on her verified social media handle on the popular social media ...[Read more]
- Timaya celebrates daughter, Maya as she marks one-year-old birthdayIn Celebrity NewsMay 16, 2021Popular dancehall singer, Timaya joyfully celebrates the birthday of his daughter, Maya, whom he had with his third baby mama. It is a year already ...[Read more]