John Ikechukwu Okafor, popularly known as Mr. Ibu , is a Nigerian actor and comedian .
Okafor is considered to be one of Nigeria’s most talented comic characters. His humorous acting is often characterized by stupidity, hilarious imbecility and a sharp disconnection from reality.
He hails from Nkanu West L.G., Enugu State . After elementary school, in 1974, Okafor moved to Sapele to stay with his brother, after his father’s demise. In Sapele , he did menial jobs so he could sponsor himself to school and support his family. He then worked as a hairstylist , ventured into photography and also worked in a company that produces crates. After secondary school, he was admitted into the College of Education, Yola , but pulled out due to financial difficulties. He later enrolled in the Institute of Management and Technology (IMT) as soon as he was financially able to.
He has acted in more than 200 movies including Mr.Ibu (2004), Mr.Ibu in London (2004), Police Recruit (2003), 9 Wives (2005), Ibu in Prison (2006) and Keziah
- 3 Years After Flavour Adopted A Blind Boy, Check Out his New PhotosIn Celebrity NewsDecember 5, 2020Popular Nigerian artiste, Flavour, three years ago, showed love for a young blind boy called Semah G. Flavour adopted the young to be fathered by ...[Read more]
- NYC COVID-19 numbers still rising in ‘cluster zones,’ positive rate dips statewide: CuomoIn USADecember 5, 2020The statewide COVID-19 positivity rate has fallen slightly, but infection rates are still rising in Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and Staten Island, ...[Read more]
- ‘Autonomous zone’ NYC bar is making big bucks on GoFundMeIn USADecember 5, 2020Staten Island’s self-proclaimed “Autonomous Zone” bar can’t legally open its doors to customers, but the joint is still managing to clean up. A ...[Read more]
- Queens man burned by dry ice on Air France flight: lawsuitIn USADecember 5, 2020That’s a knee-jerk reaction. A Queens man says he was seriously hurt after an airplane beverage cart smashed him in the knee, and an Air France ...[Read more]
- Alexandra Botez is taking the chess world by storm—live on TwitchIn LifestyleDecember 5, 2020Good chess players are master strategists and problem solvers. Alexandra Botez has one more unlikely skill in her arsenal: insults. “My dad is a ...[Read more]
- Democratic NYC mayoral candidate suggests housing homeless in Daily News officesIn USADecember 5, 2020One Democratic mayoral hopeful has a novel idea for easing the city’s homeless crisis — housing them in the vacated offices of the Daily News. ...[Read more]
- Meet Lindsay Ijeoma, The Lady With The Longest Natural Hair In NigeriaIn Nigeria NewsDecember 5, 2020Lindsay Ijeoma Chris is the woman who is believed to have the longest common hair in Nigeria so far. You will be marvelled at the length, thickness ...[Read more]
- Inside John Lennon’s last days in NYC before his 1980 deathIn LifestyleDecember 5, 2020John Lennon’s new Yohji Yamamoto jacket was gorgeous. So much so that he wanted to be photographed in his luxurious garment — with gold Asian ...[Read more]
- Bobrisky Signs Another Endorsement Deal With A Fashion Designing AgencyIn Celebrity NewsDecember 5, 2020Nigerian crossdresser and social media influencer, Iddris Okuneye, well known as Bobrisky keeps signing endorsement deals to advance her brand and ...[Read more]
- NYC DOE says teachers who refuse COVID-19 test will be removed from payrollIn USADecember 5, 2020Get tested — or get out. The city Department of Education posted an internal rule Friday for members of the United Federation of Teachers, ...[Read more]