Yul Edochie is a Nigerian actor, film director and politician. He began his professional acting career in 2005 and has grown to become a Nollywood superstar.
He established the Yul Edochie Academy in 2015 in order to improve the professionalism in the Nollywood industry by training the next generation of actors and actresses. Also, in 2018, he was appointed as a senior special assistant to the governor of Anambra state.
Yul Chibuike Daniel Edochie was born on January 7, 1982 as the last of six children. He was born to a veteran actor, Pete Edochie and his mother Josephine, a broadcaster. He hails from Anambra State, Nigeria. Yul was named after a popular Hollywood actor, Yul Brynner who acted in movie, King and I in 1956.
In 1984, Yul started his education at Lillians’ Day Nursery School. Later on, he moved to Robinson Street Primary School, Enugu. Then, he proceeded to Marist Brothers’ Juniorate, Uturu in 1992 and three other secondary schools in Enugu until he graduated in 1998. Similarly, for his university education, he attended the University of Port Harcourt and bagged a B.A degree in Theatre Arts.
Yul Edochie Personal Life
Edochie got married in 2004 at age 22 to May Aligwe, and the union is blessed with four children: 3 boys, 1 girl. He lives with his family in Lekki, Lagos.
He gave his life to Christ shortly after escaping death in a ghastly motor accident along Ore road in June 2019
Yul Edochie Early Career:
His career in the industry began after relocating to Lagos from Enugu in 2005. When he arrived Lagos, for proximity to movie locations, he moved in with Nonso Diobi who housed and fed him. His intention was to hustle and become a big wig in the industry. And Luckily, that same year, he debuted in The Exquires together with Late Justus Esiri and Enebeli Elebuwa.
Then, in 2007, he rose to stardom after featuring in the movie Wind of Glory together with Genevieve Nnaji and Desmond Elliot. Since then, Yul has gone on to act with other prominent artistes like Patience Ozokwor, Mercy Johnson, John Dumelo, Olu Jacobs, Osita Iheme, Chinedu Ikedieze and many more.
As a film director, writer and actor, some of his films include;
Sleek Ladies, 2007
Wind of Glory, 2007
Keep it Up, 2008
Kiss my Pain, 2008
Tears of Hope, 2009
My Loving Heart, 2009
Pleasure and Crime, 2011
Zone 9, 2012
Bridge of Contract, 2012
The End is Near, 2012
Against the Law, 2012
Death Certificate, 2013
Restless Soul, 2013
Agony of a Princess, 2013
Money Kingdom, 2013
Apostles of Lucifer, 2014
The Mirror, 2014
Python Queen, 2014
Dowry Man, 2015
Brothers of War, 2015
Compound Fools, 2015
Royal Maid, 2015
Rain of Hope, 2016
The Affectionate Wife, 2017
Passion of a Prince, 2017
The Man Keeper, 2017
Loving Your Hurts, 2017
Mysterious Family, 2017
The Billionaires, 2018
Moms at War, 2018
See Also: 100 profitable business ideas to start for aspiring entrepreneurs and investors.
Awards and Recognition
He is an award winning actor, and some of his awards are;
Best New Actor of the Year, (English), City People Entertainment Awards, 2009
Best Actor, Papyrus Magazine Screen Actors Award (PAMSAA), 2013
Best Actor of the Year (English), City People Entertainment Awards, 2013
Best Lead Male, Nollywood Movies Awards
Best Actor, Afrifimo Awards
Yul Edochie Academy was founded in 2015 by Yul Edochie as a subsidiary of his Art World. The Academy is a training ground for aspiring actors/actresses. In the academy, students are trained by Yul himself and are presented with numerous opportunities.
The academy was founded as result of deterrence in quality and professionalism of the youngsters in the industry. Yul’s goal is to build an army of focused and professional actors and actresses and steer them towards greatness.
Yul declared his intention to run as a Governor of Anambra State on July 14, 2017. This was shortly after the Not Too Young to Run Bill was passed by the Nigerian Senate. To confirm his intention, he picked up the nomination form under the Democratic People’s Congress (DPC) on August 22, 2017. Luckily, he became the party’s gubernatorial candidate but lost in the general election.
Then, on July 6, 2018, he was appointed Senior Special Adviser on creative and entertainment media by the Governor of Anambra State, Gov. Willie Obiano.
Yul Edochie Net Worth
estimated Yul’s net worth at $1.85 million.
In July 7 2019, He emerged a brand ambassador for a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), Citizen Journalists Network.
- Davido Living Up To His Riches, Having First Class Enjoyment With FriendsIn Celebrity NewsDecember 3, 2020Singer Davido who is known to be a person who loves to have fun, have stormed the internet with a first-class enjoyment he is having with some ...[Read more]
- Proud Boys join protest at defiant Staten Island bar closed over COVID-19 violationsIn USADecember 3, 2020Hundreds of people on Wednesday night — including members of the right-wing group Proud Boys — protested the closure of a Staten Island bar that ...[Read more]
- “I Am Thick In The Thighs And Thin In The Waist,” Says Nengi As She Puts Flaunts Her Banging Body (Photo)In BBNaija, Celebrity NewsDecember 3, 2020BBNaija star, Nengi, has caused a massive stir on social media after she shared a mouth-watering photo of herself flaunting her beautiful body. The ...[Read more]
- “I’m Happy, Last Wife Or Not” – Regina Daniels Throws Shades At Her CriticsIn Celebrity NewsDecember 3, 2020Actress Regina Daniels has thrown shades at her critics on social media who are always concern about her husband taking another wife. Regina Daniels ...[Read more]
- “My Husband Ned Nwoko Can Marry More Wives”- Regina Daniels Grants Her Husband Full Permission To Take Another WifeIn Celebrity NewsDecember 3, 2020Nollywood actress and Billionaire’s wife, Regina Daniels has reacted to her husband’s video that went viral on social media after his interview with ...[Read more]
- NYC church security guard accuses priest of sexual assaultIn USADecember 3, 2020A security guard at a Manhattan church has accused a priest of sexually assaulting her after she says she caught him watching gay pornography in his ...[Read more]
- Feds sue NY town for alleged anti-Semitic zoning lawsIn USADecember 3, 2020An New York town’s building laws are engineered to discriminate against Jews, federal prosecutors are alleging — in the third lawsuit against upstate ...[Read more]
- 102-year-old with ‘iron will to live’ survives COVID — twiceIn USADecember 3, 2020A 102-year-old New York woman who lived through the 1918 Spanish Flu and overcame cancer survived not only one — but two bouts with the coronavirus. ...[Read more]
- Midtown a ghost town for Rockefeller Center tree lightingIn USADecember 3, 2020The Ghosts of Christmas Present were about the only ones allowed near the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting Wednesday night — thanks to ...[Read more]
- Midtown a ghost town ahead of Rockefeller Center tree lightingIn USADecember 3, 2020The Ghosts of Christmas Present were about the only ones in in Rockefeller Center ahead of the annual Christmas tree lighting Wednesday night — ...[Read more]