Arsenal football club legend, Jens Lehmann, has stated that professional footballers have no issues with contracting Coronavirus, as their fit lifestyles mean they don’t get to show adverse symptoms of the disease.
Lehmann, who recently made a full recovery from Covid-19 himself, urged players to get back on the pitch as the Premier League authorities are set to start football activities next month.
Lehmann’s comments come after the UK Government gave the Premier League the green light to return at the start of June behind closed doors, while laying down strict rules to prevent the spread of Coronavirus among players.
‘In the end, you have to live with it, because the only thing that this lockdown is based on is the hope that eventually we are going to find a vaccine or some medicine which cures it. But there’s only hope,’ he told beIN Sports.
- Coronavirus isnât a âbig concernâ for fit and healthy footballers – Arsenal legendÂ Jens Lehmann
- Freshly launches ready-made healthy ‘Fit’ meals developed by nutritionists
- PSG footballers, Neymar, Di Maria and Paredes ‘test positive for Coronavirus’ after Ibiza yacht vacation
- “My 60th birthday is a big deal for me” – RMD speaks on plans for healthy living (Video)
- Hurting Aaron Hicks was healthy enough for big Yankees at-bat
- Four Sevilla footballers set to face disciplinary action for hosting party in breach of Spain’s coronavirus restrictions (photos)
- Five players in Spain test positive for Coronavirus after massive testing on footballers
- Pulisic declares himself fit for FA Cup final clash against Arsenal
- Inside billionaire Sir James Dyson’s massive country pad that is big enough to fit nearly 18,000 homes (photos)
- Amed Rosario’s hitting woes still a big Mets concern