Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard, has claimed he does not listen to the speculation over his future.
However, he admits he’s aware of the pressure that comes with being Blues boss.
Lampard’s position is under scrutiny following their 2-0 defeat at Leicester City on Tuesday, a result which leaves them eighth in the Premier League.
The Blues have won just three of their last 10 matches in all competitions, leading to reports that the club could be interested in RB Leipzig’s Julian Nagelsmann should Lampard’s position become untenable.
Out-of-work managers Massimiliano Allegri and Thomas Tuchel are understood to be interested in the Chelsea job if it becomes available.
But when asked about the speculation ahead of Sunday’s FA Cup tie against Luton, Lampard said: “I don’t listen to it.
“There’s something everywhere if you want to scroll through social media. I don’t do that.
“I’m not stupid, I know the pressures that come with managing a top football club but I only do my job. It doesn’t matter to me.”
During Lampard’s playing spell at Stamford Bridge, he saw eight permanent managers sacked by billionaire owner, Roman Abramovich.
- Idea of ‘vaccine passports’ shot down by WHOIn LifestyleFebruary 25, 2021No need to pull your suitcase and neck pillow from storage just yet. In light of hype and rumor surrounding the so-called “vaccine passport,” the ...[Read more]
- Students call remote learning ‘boring’ and ‘weird’ during de Blasio school visitIn USAFebruary 25, 2021The reviews are in: remote learning is “boring.” And it’s also “weird,” students told Mayor Bill de Blasio and Department of Education Chancellor ...[Read more]
- Arizona woman returns 1950s Purple Heart to man’s family after finding it at thrift storeIn LifestyleFebruary 25, 2021A family has been reunited with their father’s Purple Heart more than three decades after he died, thanks to a bit of sleuthing. ...[Read more]
- NYC hospitals were unprepared for last spring’s COVID-19 surge, report findsIn USAFebruary 25, 2021New York City’s hospitals were woefully unprepared for last year’s nightmare surge in COVID-19 patients due to a lack of planning from the city, the ...[Read more]
- NYC has extra COVID-19 vaccine supply this weekIn USAFebruary 25, 2021New York City has a surplus of COVID-19 vaccines this week after delayed shipments finally arrived — so it’s ramping up hours and doubling the number ...[Read more]
- “Waiting to have money before marrying is a flimsy excuse” – Laura Ikeji tells men (Video)In Celebrity NewsFebruary 25, 2021Serial entrepreneur, Laura Ikeji has advised Nigerian men to go ahead and marry when they find a woman they love even if they are broke. She made ...[Read more]
- House poised to vote on legal safeguards for LGBTQ peopleIn LifestyleFebruary 25, 2021WASHINGTON — The Democratic-led House is poised to pass a bill that would enshrine LGBTQ protections in the nation’s labor and civil rights laws, a ...[Read more]
- Mona Gucci Eats Her Vomit Back – Says She Won’t Release Nana Ama Mcbrown’s SecretsIn EntertainmentFebruary 25, 2021To all those who are waiting for Mona Gucci to drop deep secrets of Nana Ama Mcbrown on Friday on Kantanka TV, she says you all should sit your a*ses ...[Read more]
- My dad used to work at a fast-food restaurant in US before he became wealthy – Davido reveals (Video)In NewsFebruary 25, 2021Nigerian singer, Davido has revealed his billionaire father, Adedeji Adeleke, worked as a manager at Burger King, a fast-food restaurant in the US ...[Read more]
- NY AG Letitia James mulling request for probe of Gov. Cuomo over sex harass claimIn USAFebruary 25, 2021New York Attorney General Letitia James is mulling a request to launch an independent probe of sexual harassment claims leveled against Gov. Andrew ...[Read more]