By Nasiru Suleiman – Sokoto
Sokoto State government said three persons have died from complications arising from COVID-19 in the state.
The state Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal revealed this during a statewide broadcast on Monday night
The governor said: “it is with a heavy heart that I have to break this news to you this evening, of the results of tests carried out by the National Centre for Diseases Control (NCDC) at the laboratory here in Usman Danfodio University Teaching Hospital (UDUTH), whereby 18 tests were carried out.
“Unfortunately, out of the 9 turned out to be negative. Most of them, if not all, are persons that have had previous contacts with the two index cases that we have had initially.
He further revealed that “unfortunately, so far, out of the 54 tests carried out from Sokoto State, it means that we have 19 positive cases. Out of these, unfortunately again, we have recorded today three COVID-19 associated deaths. All of the three are patients having a history of some other diseases- diabetes, asthma and high blood pressure.
Tambuwal appealed to the people of the state to continue to observe the laid down measures and rules put in place to check further spread of the virus
“I once again appeal to the people of Sokoto State to come to the further realisation that COVID-19 is real. We must, therefore, continue to step up our game in observing laid down measures and rules; and protocols by the World Health Organisation (WHO), Federal Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Health here in Sokoto State. We must continue to observe social distancing, frequent washing of hands and limiting our contacts.
“I appeal, once again, to the communities to continue to cooperate and support our security agencies that are keeping vigil at our borders- interstate and Niger Republic with the sole aim of protecting our lives. I urge them also to keep community vigil by also blocking those that are likely to come into or are on their way to Sokoto State from other states or parts of the country; or any part of Niger Republic.
“I also appeal that we shall continue to be informing the task force team of any suspected case of either COVID-19 or any other symptoms observed.
“I must commend the people of Sokoto State so far, for their vigilance, for the way they have been working and giving information to the task force and the government authorities.
Tambuwal prayed for the reposed of the souls of the deceased persons as he pleads for God protection and guidance on the state, the nation and the works at large.
- ”Passion is pushing yourself to the limit” – DJ Cuppy shares motivational postIn Entertainment, GossipMarch 2, 2021Popular Nigerian Disc Jockey, Florence Otedola professionally known as DJ Cuppy has taken to micro-blogging platform, Twitter to advise people on how ...[Read more]
- Filmhouse Lekki Is Inviting All Cinemas Goers To The Premiere Of Eddie Murphy’s “Coming 2 America” FridayIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentMarch 2, 2021We are gearing up for the premiere of “Coming 2 America” and we would like to invite you to the Royal gathering! We hope you are excited as we are!!! ...[Read more]
- Mom’s heartbreak after baby swallows battery, dies: ‘It didn’t have to happen’In LifestyleMarch 2, 2021Texas mother Trista Hamsmith lost her 17-month-old daughter, Reese, in December due to complications from swallowing a battery — and she’s doing her ...[Read more]
- Crystal Palace vs Man Utd: Solskjaer gives injury updates ahead of EPL clashIn EPL, SportsMarch 2, 2021Former Manchester United striker, Michael Owen, has disagreed with manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s comments following the Red Devils’ Premier League ...[Read more]
- Premier League drops referee Lee Mason for this weekend’s fixturesIn Premier League, SportsMarch 2, 2021Former Manchester United striker, Michael Owen, has disagreed with manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s comments following the Red Devils’ Premier League ...[Read more]
- NSCDC arrests 50 pipeline vandals in ImoIn Local NewsMarch 2, 2021The Police in Osun State has arrested a man identified as Kazeem Olapade for allegedly having carnal knowledge of his 13-year-old biological ...[Read more]
- Controversial Upper West Side tower isn’t too tall, appeals court saysIn USAMarch 2, 2021The controversial, “too-tall” new apartment tower at 200 Amsterdam Ave. won’t have to take a haircut after all — because it isn’t really too tall. A ...[Read more]
- Kogi: Youths beat Pastor to Coma over refusal to allow Masquerade in ChurchIn Local NewsMarch 2, 2021The Police in Osun State has arrested a man identified as Kazeem Olapade for allegedly having carnal knowledge of his 13-year-old biological ...[Read more]
- ”The goal is to be successful, not to look successful” – Yul Edochie advises youthsIn Entertainment, GossipMarch 2, 2021Popular actor cum politician, Yul Edochie has advised youths against feeling pressured by social media standards. According to him, many young people ...[Read more]
- 5 Celebrities Burna Boy Has Fought WithIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentMarch 2, 2021Nigeria’s internationally most recognised Afrofusion singer Damini Ogulu aka Burna Boy is one hell of an artist but not one shy of getting into a ...[Read more]